New station service - Logistics

It wont be the end of the world. Besides this mechanic may not neccerily mean less stuff is transported through space.

First of all it only works within the same solar systems, second of all it means that some systems utility may increase and demand for stuff going in and out of that system increases resulting in MORE stuff actually being freighted through space.

OP, why should the developers take away the game play for players who make a living hauling for other players

Im curious how many people freight stuff around for a living in the same system? If CCP dont implement this they make life harder for people who live in less populated systems where pilots ARE NOT available to haul. So when you think about it this mechanic helps those who spread out more.

But more importantly, please learn to comprehend what i write. I already suggested that it should only work in the same solar system, so people who freight from one solar system to the other will not be affected.

I also suggested that solar systems where this mechanic is used alot should be more expensive, similar to how research and manufacturing system cost work. This means that players who do freight may actually be able to do it cheaper in systems that are really busy.

You still do not understand, right? No matter if is only Solar System Mechanic, is a Risk-Free one and EvE do NOT need them.

And you do not think about Null-Sec and WH Space, where this mechanic will be exploited to the max, because there are the systems were is risky to warp around. For HS and Low-Sec is safe to warp around, except if you screw up and do not warp at 0. Then, why pay for something you can do for free and without risk?

And on those systems where is “no” available haulers is because they do not need them and haul them selfs around.

1 Like

Risk is not a silver bullet. When you introduce risk you dont suddenly make the game better.

Please explain why docking and undocking doesent blow up your ship 50% of the time? We should introduce some risk there because the game will be so much better!

those systems where is “no” available haulers is because they do not need them and haul them selfs around.

This is like saying people who starve dont need food because if they did they wouldnt starve.

And you do not think about Null-Sec and WH Space, where this mechanic will be exploited to the max,

There is not really much you can exploit with this. Please explain what kind of exploit you had in mind.

Honestly you dont belong in a features and ideas section of an MMO. Your understanding of game design is lackluster at best and you continually rely on knee jerk assumption. Im just gonna ignore you from now on.

Complaining about something being tedious is a first world problem.

Tediousness is not a valid reason for changes. Tediousness is subjective and usually only used by specific types of people. In your case it seems the actual issue is lazyness and unwillingness to put effort into things you want to get done, combined with your unwillingness to pay for it.

We should never accept tediousness as a reason for a change, because otherwise every spoiled, lazy, immature brat will get what he wants.

Roddybaby calls “self responsibility” and “vigilantism” tedious as well. Should we scratch that too?

No.

2 Likes

Tediousness is not a valid reason for changes. Tediousness is subjective and usually only used by specific types of people. In your case it seems the actual issue is lazyness and unwillingness to put effort into things you want to get done, combined with your unwillingness to pay for it.

Are you ■■■■■■■ serious? Where is your reading comprehension? I suggested this feature should COST MONEY

And how much effort am i really putting into moving something from one station to the other. It takes literally no effort, its a tedius task that should be able to be automated.

Waitwaitwait.

It takes no effort. When it takes no effort, literally, then there is no reason to automate it anyway. Cool! Well done, mate. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It takes no effort. When it takes no effort, literally, then there is no reason to automate it anyway. Cool! Well done, mate. :slight_smile:

The point is that its tedious. Do you not agree? This kind of internal delivery system seems like the most logical thing ever

It’s logical for someone who is lazy, yes. It is not tedious, though. You want to get something done, so you have to do it. You need to understand that your reasoning is an issue, because literally everyone finds some things tedious. We’d eventually have everything automated, including self responsibility and vigilantism, just because roddybaby claims it’s “tedious and annoying”.

There is already a kind of precedent set in place in the form of Asset Safety for Citadels. I mean, no one would bother using them if Asset Safety weren’t a thing, but still…

It honestly just seems like a waste of dev time to me. Without the “within system” restriction it’s a violation of the principles of the sandbox. With the restriction it has seemingly little use outside of allowing the player to avoid contracting a hauler or training for a hauler themselves. If such a mechanic were implemented, how do you imagine it would be used in the daily life of most players?

I’m assuming a lot here, but introducing a scaling cost as a result of density of service use would likely push players to build their structures farther from trade hubs. As a result, seemingly little would change since materials still need to be hauled out to the more remote systems where the low frequency of service cost would ensure that profit margins aren’t minimalized. And if those materials have to be flown out to those hubs with low service costs that are in the same system as the structure of interest…why not just take a few minutes to fly them over to their final destination? It feels like nothing would change except for that one extra step that requires you to fly between two structures in a system.

Maybe I’m lacking in imagination in envisioning how this mechanic would get used and how it would affect industry/player dynamics.

Moving things in perfect safety within the same solar system does not seem like a problem to me. Every action doesent need to have risk. In fact this kind of mechanic i suggest still gives players the option of moving stuff around in a system manually. This way they save money but increase risk.

However if they decide to use the station service i suggested they reduce risk but increase cost. I really dont see what the problem is.

That answers my question as well.

Cheers and good luck! :grin:

Men, you are the one do not understand a thing about EvE Mechanics and Development Design. In other words, what in RL could be a usual thing to do, in this case, teleportation of Items, in a Game like EvE where Risk/Reward is a huge part of it, it do not makes any sense.

Correct, but is why there is Risk vs Reward mechanics in place, a no-risk mechanic will involve no-reward, like undocking. And for your info, depending on where you live is a Risk to undock.

You should check more about live, buddy. Hauling is an Offer/Demand job, if there is no Demand, there is no Offer. So, if there is no Demand in a particular system to haul stuff around, is because they do them selfs. And there is already Offer out there.

2 Sotiyos, 1 building Supers/Titans, the other building the parts needed for the first one. Also a Refinery in the System.

Right now you need Freighters to move everything around and in NS, where you are building this stuff, these freighters can be Bubble far away from Dock Range, if done right. This is the Risk of NS.

If we implement your Idea, building Supers/Titans will be a Risk-Free activity for the Hauling part.

And when I said exploit, is not the referring to “Exploit a bug in my advantage”, is exactly this.

Buddy, you are the one who has a problem with MMO Design, game knowledge and Respectful behavior.

1 Like

OP wants to move things around in perfect safety.

Somewhere he mentioned something about moving a blueprint… Blueprints can be worth a lot of ISK and should never just teleport from one station to another.

I would have to say NO to this one.

I haven’t read this trainwreck of a thread, but based on the OP I have the following comments:

1. CCP NEVER leans towards having NPCs to do what players can/should do. If you want things moved, create a courier contract out to PushX or Red/Blackfrog. You say this isn’t cost effective, I say yes it is. It’s worth what you’re willing to pay, and it’s worth their cost/time. Everything in Eve is a trade between time and isk. If you spend the isk you save time. If you spend the time, you save isk.

2. There should always be risk. That is the mantra in Eve, because that is what keeps the vast majority of the player base addicted.

1 Like

Thread cleaned. Stay on topic and stop insulting, trolling and flaming each other. Next time all involved forum users will receive a forum warning.

We did our best but OP kept himself very offensive towards others opinion.

1 Like

You missed the almost more obvious exploit of moving the completed Titan between keepstars across the universe.

I’ve not tried to do anything like that (heck I haven’t even got a super) but I know that if I were moving a Titan from Malia out into deep null, my butt would be puckered every single second I was thinking about being logged in away from support.

1 Like

I cant believe the stupid in this thread. Holy ■■■■.

1 Like

It does seem like nearly everyone forgot that you were talking solely about within-system transfers.

1 Like

Thread is closed, please remove.

2 Likes