Newbie asking

Hey guy , i just play this game for a couple day
and i found some Blueprint from enemy .
Does Blueprint in this game can be reuse forever ?

1 Like

It will have a “runs” value on it telling you how many times it can be used.
A blueprint original has infinite runs and can be copied into limited run blueprint copies.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Blueprints

2 Likes

can you check this for me ?

1 Like

If you had just started, and the blue print is a starter blueprint then keep it and wait until you need to use it as if you do the missions first you will be better off skilling your pilot to complete the missions fast instead of say making changes to your pilots skill queue to train industrial skills.

Magic 14 skills are your main priority as a new pilot.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a blueprint copy, it has a limited number of runs that give 100 units of ammo each; which should yield nearly 100,000 rounds of ammo.

2 Likes

so how do i khow it can be use forever ?
you can help me in here if you want https://discord.gg/YF2VsF

1 Like

https://forums.eveonline.com/c/new-citizens/12

1 Like

The 1mn civilian afterburner one is a copy, but the antimatter one is an original.

You can tell by the color (the lighter blue is a copy, the darker blue is original). You can also show info on the blueprints and find the runs remaining value in the stats (see pics below). Note that there are contexts where this form of identification can be unreliable (like old contracts, which will revert to showing just the base item-type (always a BPO) after a while, resulting in periodic complaints from people because, “oMG tHiS cHeAtR hAs a giLa BpO111!!!oneone!eleven!1!”)

The “maximum runs” displayed on the industry window for the antimatter BPO, in this case, has nothing to do with the runs available on the blueprint - it is based on the maximum job time of 1 month.

You will also never see a “packaged” blueprint copy, because copies inherently have to contain information that is specific to that instance of the item (the ME/TE and runs remaining), whereas a “fresh” BPO is really just a constructor with default values. The Antimatter BPO is still in a packaged state (indicated by the stack-of-1 value in your inventory). Once it has been plugged in once, it will no longer be stackable.

2 Likes

No, he would be better off enjoying the missions instead of blitzing them. He should be learning how things work doing those missions, instead of blitzing them. For him it’s new content. You should not tell a new player to rush through parts of a game he doesn’t even know. Your advice is bad. It shouldn’t be about blitzing. That, plus his main priority is whatever he wants to be doing, not a plan laid out by someone else.

It doesn’t matter which skills one is “supposed” to be skilling. He needs to decide that for himself. Mistakes can be made and will be made, but that’s part of the learning process. If you remove that, then the process of skilling becomes useless, because everyone would be skilling the same skills in the same order with only minimal differences.

Thanks.

3 Likes

I was trying to explain the magic 14

@congtien_tien this is a much better answer than mine, I only took a glance at your image and made a mistake.

It appears that you have a blueprint original for Antimatter S, as such it has infinite runs and won’t become useless/expire once used a number of times

You didn’t, though. You’ve told him to blitz through missions, which is what I got to hear from carebears plentifully - aka the “level up to your raven” meme - and mentioned some magic skills with no actual further explanation. I’m sure you meant well, but when people are told what to skill first, with the people then skilling those skills first, then that means that these skills should be part of the base everyone spawns with. At that point we might as well get rid of everything that doesn’t specifically serve specialization.

1 Like

I am sort of worried to think now that I may had gotten them off to a wrong start, I hope they can ignore the message I tried to send.

Don’t worry about it. It’s not wrong per se and might as well just reveal a serious flaw in the skilling system. Or maybe it’s just natural progression. It makes sense to think that the base gets raised eventually. I’m glad you understand what I’m trying to say.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.