No custom ship prizes in upcoming AT šŸ’” (outdated as of 3rd of june)

UPDATE:
Just watched the Twitch stream with CCP Fozzie with CCP Guard and there will be some modified Triglavian ships, skins and PLEX as rewards this year.

OLD AND NOT TRUE:

No more epic rewards for few best one pros. That means lower AT level at best. :pensive:

They should lower the entry requirements for it in that case.

5 Likes

CCP doesnā€™t have the manpower anymore to organize and supervise the tournament. The format is probably not attracting enough new subscribers to justify a bigger investment.

But not having it (attractive to participate), may lose CCP valuable content creators ā€¦

4 Likes

Well, CCP fired the dev behind the AT, so this was foreseeable. No AT ships and probably no AT at all. But oh well, we got some unrequested PvE no sane highsec PvEr is gonna touch with a ten foot pole while nullbears farm it to death, soā€¦ business as usual. The patient is dying satisfactorily and shows no signs of undesired improvement of his condition.

7 Likes

Cry me a riverā€¦ A pair of ships we mere ā€œmortalsā€ will never see in our lifetime.

About time. Who thought adding OP ships that are only ever used to hunt new players in facwarfare was a good idea?

How many new players have been turned away from this game because someone is farming kill marks by cloaking just outside a plex?

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes

Just another BLATANT TOTAL OUTRIGHT STRAIGHTUP BOLD FACED LIE by Falcon when the layoffs happened and he promised nothing about the game would be affected.

LIES

Same as when he promised everything was fine with World of Darkness Vampire MMO days before ccp played off Atlanta office and trashed the game.

WE ALL KNEW SHITCANNING THE COMMUNITY TEAM WOULD EFFECT THE GAME FALCON.

But noooooo you promised it wouldnā€™t.

Iā€™m sick of CCPS LIES!

2 Likes

:small violin:

2 Likes

Falcon liedā€¦ someone criedā€¦

1 Like

The AT is not ā€œthe gameā€ - itā€™s an event that uses the game. I know itā€™s important to a lot of players so Iā€™m not knocking AT - but Falcon was clearly referring to game development, not ways the game is used.

1 Like

Topic moved on over to Tournament Discussion

1 Like

@CCP_Fozzie Iā€™d love some confirmation on thisā€¦
IT would be the stupidest decision for this Years AT if true ā€¦

1 Like

only thing that would top that would be to have the AT matches on TD or something like thatā€¦
Take away the high risk, high reward where an entire alliance is put together to produce and get the team together!.

Better confirm or deny before people turn true rage mode.

1 Like

Non player reproducible items should not be in eve in my opinionā€¦ I will not miss the wasted effort on these gimmick items.

2 Likes

ā€¦this breaks my heart. Watching the drama of the Alliance Tournament was my first real connection with EVE, and I enjoy it every year.

Please donā€™t let it go. Donā€™t take away the trophies that only get more fun to show off as they get older. Itā€™s throwing so many bits of good fun and personal investment in the compost bin to stop doing it. Please donā€™t.

Who could bring themselves to kill CCP Leggybro? What heartless monster?

3 Likes

I lost any interest after the cheating scandal, I havenā€™t watched a single match since and I doubt if I ever will again.

It showed what players will resort to to get the AT ships.

1 Like

What this is in terms of relationship with playerbase, is I think one more ballast stone that CCP throws outside its ship and inside the boat of community, to not sink deeper when the holes in the ship remain non patched because people who were there to patch it were firedā€¦ Its all connected.

4 Likes

CCP, I am disappoint. Not that TEST was likely to ever win any prize ships. But that is not the point. There is literally no reason not to give away prize ships. CCP could simply recycle the old ones. Yes, that would negatively impact their collective values. But it is an option.

If CCP does not replace those ships with something truly spectacular participation will take a hit.

5 Likes

I wanted an SoE hictor.

3 Likes

If CCP are dropping support for this, maybe they plan to outsource it as a whole to EVE-NT?

Maybe yall having a melt down over nothing, when the AT could end up in our control more than ever before.

@CCP_Fozzie would love an official statement on this though?