This is not a “player feature/idea”. This is documentation to show how broken or half finished the NPC mining fleets are. The bullets below are simple statements of how things are today. They aren’t meant to be interpreted as “this is what’s wrong”. The whole list taken together paints that picture of “everything together, sucks”.
- Each NPC mining fleets gets 1 and only 1 hauler which, if destroyed, does not respawn until after downtime
- NPC mining fleets live on, even without having a hauler, and they keep mining
- There is no way to determine if an NPC mining fleets hauler is already destroyed for the day.
- Empire haulers spawn on a schedule on the order of half hours
- Pirate haulers spawn on a schedule on the order of hours.
- NPC mining fleets appear to be limited to 1 per system per NPC mining corp.
- Haulers that spawn are randomly T1 (paper thin) or T2 (chonky) haulers.
- All NPC haulers appear to have a 50% loot drop rate.
- NPC haulers exist in belt for about 5 minutes
- unlike anything else in the game, as soon as the NPC Hauler begins to align out of the belt for warpout after “picking up ore”, it is completely untargetable and invulnerable.
- Shooting NPC haulers summons a NPC response fleet after a brief pause
- the NPC response fleet DPS is extremely high.
- Empire: the NPC mining fleets and response fleet will go to a safe when aggressed, which can be probed
- Pirate: the NPC mining fleets but not the response fleet will go to a safe when aggressed, which can be probed
- Red-NPC miners: as soon as you land in a belt with them, they will trigger a response fleet immediately. You have to slow boat and shoot the NPC Hauler within the brief window. If you don’t, and the fleet was a Pirate one, the hauler will bug out.
- NPC Haulers do not go to the safe, unless the aggression was done within the 5 minute window of them being in a belt.
- NPC response fleets drop no loot
- Once in a safe, the NPC Hauler does absolutely nothing.
- Strongboxes give Industrial Livery skins which seem better suited as rewards for Resource Wars instead of as trophies for killing a hauler. No one wants to fly an Amarr-skinned ship to gloat “hah I killed Amarrian haulers” and no pro-Anarrian RP-er wants to kill Amarrian haulers to have their skin.
If any of the above are incorrect, I invite corrections.
The list above isn’t “each bullet point is something wrong”. However, the list taken together paints a picture today of something really wrong and broken. It’s a shitty half finished machanic:
- Miners that want to ■■■■ over the NPCs to leave a system’s belts alone, can’t, because they keep mining on without a hauler.
- People that want to hunt NPC haulers have to have the patience of Buddha and hope no one on the forums/YouTube/reddit talks about it due to the 1-per-day competition.
If anyone at CCP reads the above, they can figure out what contributes towards this content being relatively dead, instead of being a gateway to becoming a hunter (for example). If there’s some software dev or product manager at CCP that has “but it’s my baby” syndrome over this then they really need to get a grip on reality and let go.