NPC miners running amok in lowsec?

I noticed this in NPC null sec as well. The only systems that were spared were those deep in the Great Wildlands. I’m not sure if the presence of a station will spawn NPC miners. But if you want to mine fat, juicy asteroids, go to the Great Wildlands.

Hey, it least it isn’t player bot fleets, right?

We wanted to increase our mining index for our sov system and actually had trouble finding enough ore to get it to lv1 because the nearly all the belts where missing or had very little ore in them, they are getting a little enthusiastic i think .

Low sec is broken ever since it existed, it is also the most neglected part of the world by the devs, despite their best efforts.

1 Like

Ugh. These NPC miners are a plague. They have already emptied half the belts in my system and are now working on the other half. Customer support says i have to destroy them if i want to stop them, but how am i supposed to destroy them if they mine while im offline? Not everyone can play right after downtime to stop the NPC miners before they empty the belts.

1 Like

Maybe it would be good if NPC miners spawn in a system only if there are active players in it? And they should leave the system say like… 1 hour after all the players in system log off? Or they should spawn only if there is a certain amount of players in system?

Feels a bit strange, but could be a solution.

a properly fit HAC can eradicate the entire mining group in under 20 minutes. And the group typically provides enough ore to fill an DST several times. so basically, in 20 minutes you can ‘mine’ the same amount of ore it takes a Hulk to gather in 3-5 hours.

2 Likes

Molden Heath you say?

Do you fight or avoid the response fleet?

The response fleet is always random. Sometimes it’s all frigates, sometimes cruisers, and sometimes battleships. If it’s the frigates, I just tank the damage and wipe out the miners/hauler. If it’s the other groups I wait it out then retrigger a new response fleet spawn (they disperse/go back to mining after about 15 minutes). My Eos, with ~1500 tank nearly died to the cruiser group so now i just avoid anything but the frigates.

The rewards don’t depend on the fleet, either. It’s all random/RNG.

How long do you have to wait?

On my mining character I just want to mine not gear up to fight a random fleet. Could be an interesting opportunity to resolve the problem without shooting.

It is possible to destroy the miners and completely avoid the NPC response fleet.

i shoot them, usually they will warp out, however i dont really care about the miners.

the haulers however, drop some nifty stuff from time to time, got a 100m orca skin yesterday by shooting one in a 1.0 system.

the support fleet that warps in when you agress them is pretty easy to evade if you have a MJD or are at a station.

Coming back to this after a couple of hilarious incidents.

When these Mining Teams were launched I chased a few out of the local belts (Gallente in Caldari belts! Be Gone!) and took some small standings hits, to the point where if I land on grid with a mining team it immediately bugs out and calls for the response team. Fair enough working as intended.

However over the last two days I have had some unexpected run in’s with these.

• First I was piloting an orca in a mining op when a mining team warped in, saw me, called for help and then bugged out. The response team landed and suddenly I had a “oh crap” moment when the Orca got tackled. I got lucky with some ECM drones on the lone tackle frigate and warped out in about two thirds shield.
  • Second I was semi afk autopiloting a shuttle around when I heard the alarms go off, found my shuttle wreck a few km’s off a station with a response fleet around it what the heck? Eventually I realised that the station I was docking at belonged to the corp whose miners I had shot. The mining hauler must have docked / undocked saw me and called in the back up.

Now I accept that these incidents are all because of my actions. But is there a way of preventing this? Can I run missions (lvl1’s) for the corp in question and get my standings back above the level they want to shoot me or am I stuck like this forever?

I mean even -10 sec status can be ratted / bought back so there must be a way right?

@CCP_Larrikin
@CCP_Paradox

Soe epic quest every 3 months per char. Or team up with your alts and get 50÷ standings per char. Also do lvl 1 missions for them.

Maybe get +10 standing and do level 4 missions for them after each time you pwned their miners.

Yeah that’s possible, but it depends on which standings the miners use.

Referencing @CCP_Paradox 's post here
https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=496994&find=unread

He says “Additionally, your standings against the mining corporation will be reflected in the overview, you will see the icons color change through the following gradient depending on current standings:”

So do the miners just use corporate standings (which should be quite easy to fix) or do they also use Faction standings (which are harder to fix).

Just attempting to find out how much work I have in front of me. This is a feature which is not that well documented.

Incidentally, just in case a Dev type person does happen to wander through I wonder if anything is ever going to happen about CCP Paradox’s post in the thread I linked where he says

Positive interactions towards the NPCs is absolutely on our sights. And you’ll hear more on that from us soon.”

I’m guessing he should have said "Soon™.

1 Like

The Guristas Pirates and the Deep Core Mining corp are having very positive interactions… I should inform CONCORD about it.