Here’s a few ideas to inject some fun into 0.0, PVE and PVP.
First let’s start to acknowledge that PVE is mostly done alone with specific fittings and PVP is mostly done in gang with specific fittings of its own.
When I look at that picture, there’s a big divide between the 2 play styles and my idea is to bring them back together.
All ships will now have 2 additional special mid slots that can only be equipped with web or warp
scrambler. The requirements of those mods would be very low so that doesn’t impact the rest of the fit. With a special rig, 1 more special mid slot slot could be gained (dual web). So now, every PVE ship fittings are closer to PVP fits and PVP fits are closer to PVE fits.
How do we get all those people closer together ? Every null sec systems owned by an alliance will have its value fluctuate depending on how well it is protected or farmed ; if PVE activities are conducted by a group of people not part of the alliance, the neutrals or enemy will get an increase of X% on the bounties received. The % might depend on the military LVL of the systems. If enough grind is done on enemy territories, ALL the enemy systems will suffer a penalty to their income, site spawns, mining spawns etc. If an alliance defends its territory well, it will become much more valuable to the outsiders.
My hope is that with this game mechanic, there will be more co-op PVE, more pvp opportunities, high sec people might consider going to null sec in the hope to earn a bunch of isk. Alliances at war will be able to lower profits from other alliances and alliances might start to manage smaller territories in order to defend better. On top of that, the value of the alliance territory would be displayed on the map, for all to see.
Bonus changes I’d like to see.
- Majority of mods equipped on ships should be found instead of bought. PVE should be rewarded with nice mods more often in all areas of activities. Rare mods shouldn’t be worth 100x times the price of T2 mods…
- All passive activities creating mats should be removed from the game, like PI or data cores. If you don’t log on and play, you shouldn’t get stuff. You should get mats by actively doing something.
- PVE combat sites or missions shouldn’t take too long to run. Escalations or expeditions take too long or have a too low timer.
- More people in a fleet = higher chance to get better loot from rare NPC wrecks. The bigger the fleet the harder the NPC are to kill.
- More rare spawns in PVE combats activities.
- Every people in a fleet should get his own loot when looting NPC wrecks, bounties or LP shouldn’t be divided. That should encourage more co-op PVE.
- Remove implants, only mods should affect your ship stats. Also majority of people would prefer doing safe activities with a set of +5 implants rather than doing PVP with no implants (loss of training time).