Nullification and WCS Updates – testing has begun!

I agree

If I go with a +2 scrambler and manage to scram the heron before he activates wcs, can he still activate it and get away ???

Yes, he can.

Well that’s crap.

Which is not different than yesterday with 2 stabs.

So just fit 3pts of scram - then you’ll be able to stop ANYTHING except the venture or a DTS?

You’re not supposed to be 100% non-safe either, and be absolutely guaranteed to die, because all that does is make it 100% safe for the other guy. Sometimes people SHOULD be able to get through gates when you don’t want them to. Get over it.

1 Like

I don’t use WCS at all and mysteriously I don’t have an issue with gate camps. As for nullification I only used it on ceptors as on T3’s it was always gimping your fit. They added nullification to even more ship classes and the active module just means you have to pay attention a bit more or pause sometimes instead of just blasting gate to gate. The net result of this update for anyone that was on top of things is more safety not less.

2 Likes

Only they forgot that the T3 cruisers were running out of CPU. And to use the new module, you have to disable 2-3 modules (taking into account that the fit is fractional). The update is disappointing.

I don’t see warp bubbles getting timers and cooldowns, so there’s a balance issue, for a start. You clearly haven’t been reading the comments above at all, have you? Nor have you given this a great deal of thought. All someone has to do is bubble both sides of a gate, and all those newly nullified ships are worth nothing. There’s no counter to that for ships without the bonues. The new nullifier mod is nothing but a noob trap. As for the WCS, they’re rendered useless by a faction scram. These points have been made again and again, and not a single person who advocates these changes has been able to counter them, or give satisfactory answers that son’t amount to obvious obfuscation.

You talk about paying attention…perhaps you should heed your own advice, and stop drinking the koolade. This is nothing more than the space-rich wanting their own private highsec behind impenetrable walls.

Dictors do have a long reload time and fixed bubbles are just that: fixed objects easily avoided or gotten around.

All someone has to do is warp to a celestial and d-scan to see if a bubble is there. If it is you can choose how to get to the gate: dictor wait till bubble is down, stop/pull come from right angle, fixed bubble on gate come at angle cloaked and burn to gate while campers can’t see you. Once through if you see another bubble just use the nullifier but don’t warp straight to next gate unless you can d-scan it right there

If I didn’t need wcs before why would I need it now. Wcs were always fail modules and people died with them anyway. Speed is the way to go not fail gimp module. Faction scram let’s see. It has less range than a long point so if your too close to the tackle when you spawn then burn back to the gate. Otherwise just warp off because they have to burn to you to get in scram range.

Anyhow as your can see there are plenty of ways to get through camps and I didn’t even bring up all the Intel tools available to just avoid them.

I do agree that wcs should be turned back to 1 point and allow you to fit as many as your want while still leaving it active. If someone wants to have a gimp fail ship why stop them. I don’t mind if you waste slots to feel good because you matched a faction scram.

Which should have timers and cooldowns. Why is it only the hunted that have to click extra buttons and be hyper aware? It’s all very well for gate campers and hunters to whine about how lazy their prey is, while sitting there and drinking beer, letting a stationary object to the work for them.

There’s not always a celestial in d scan range, and expanded launchers can be very difficult to fit. Even if there is, or you can, you don’t necessarily have a warp in point anyway, or at least one that won’t decloak you. I thank you for the advice, but it’s somewhat lacking, and doesn’t address the problem at all. Thank you for at least trying, though.

You’re not the be-all and end-all. Your experience is just that, your experience. Just because you lack the imagination to find a good use for them, doesn’t mean that they’re noob traps for everyone. FYI, my objections to the WCS have nothing to do with gate camps. They’re discussed elsewhere, up top.

No, there aren’t, and no, I don’t want to avoid them. There should always be a way through for a skilled player, but as outlined above, there isn’t. Content should never be blocked off from people. You can always get into null via filaments or wormholes, but now the gate route is all so left to chance and ridiculous odds in favour of the campers, that you can no longer do so in a targeted way without a fleet at your back, if you need to get somewhere specific. Nullsec is now a walled garden.

I don’t use them either. I prefer oversized afterburner fits. But yes, we agree on this.

When I started ceptors were not nullified. We learned how to get through camps anyway. For example prior to nullification I always used a cheetah to travel in. I had no problem getting through gate camps then.

When they added passive nullification to insta warp ceptors the game went on super easy mode. The problem with super easy mode is once that becomes the norm then people acclimate to it and new players think that is always how it’s been. Take away easy mode and suddenly everyone is doomed even though the game was fine before that time.

The funny thing is that we are still in super easy mode. Covert ops are even stronger than ever before, haulers are nullified, etc. Ceptors can still do their thing.

It’s a joke really to blow through camps.

1 Like

ok, old timer…have you considered that you have either been very lucky, very sheltered, or have lived through different times when tactics weren’t as developed? It’s irrelevant what you did then, a thousand updates and balance passes ago. What applied then, doesn’t apply now. I haven’t failed to notice that you’re unable to work around the scenarios I outlined that make travel through gates for a targeted destination impossible at times, without a fleet at your back. Solo players are being blocked from content, or forced to use randomised methods which could take anywhere between 5 seconds and several years before the RNG grants them their wish.

The endless just do this and just do that…or forget about doing anything or stop trying to blah blah blah from those who selfishly advocate the imbalancing of the game to make ganking even easier than it already is, grows tiresome. The calls for more active, tactical, thoughtful and strenuous gameplay from players only ever seem to go one way. There’s always an assumption of hard work on the part of the gankers and campers that so often goes unchallenged, and the successive nerfs to anything that’s not camp or gank have created precisely what you describe: a bunch of people living on easy street, who are so spoilt that CCPs new noob trap modules that promise to feed more loot into their coffers than ever before is seen as meh, a complication.

Until null campers are forced to be equally hyper aware about the space around them, having to activate, click and precisely time their stationary bubbles as an analogue to what the evading party has to do, it’s not balanced. End of. All the work is on one side, and not the other. Anyone who advocates these changes, without calling for the other side to be addressed too, has absolutely no credibility. Sadly, that would include you, it seems.

Like most on your side of the debate, you refuse to actually address the issues head on, and just keep talking around them. I mean look at you, acting like you know a thing or two, and just trotting out the usual lazy rubbish that we’re supposed to be happy about, which don’t actually bear any resemblance to reality, like this non-sense about nullification being expanded. It’s not…the ships without the bonuses are dead if there are no celestials within d scan range, and there are camps both sides, no counterplay, so they’re effectively not nullified at all really. You really expect t1 haulers to navigate around gate obstacles at 25% speed is good gameplay? Then, the ships that have the bonuses now have server ticks to worry about while their camping opponents still need to do squat. It’s clear you haven’t read anything at all up top, and have no understanding of the implications of these changes whatsoever.

There is no justification for these changes. There was no thought, no due diligence. No rhyme or reason beyond taking a sledge hammer to swat a fly.

It is not impossible, you putting your fingers in your ears screaming “NANANANNA” refusing to listen doesn’t change anything.

They aren’t

Huh?

You can get content solo, but what makes you think that you should have a solo “I win” vs a fleet. You can bring the numbers to bust them just as they bring the numbers to block you.

CCP has nerfed PVP and ganking over the years way more than any buffs that they have given. New Eden is safer than it ever has been. Sadly this has also driven out many players so we are left with a lot of garbage whiners now.

The do have to be aware. At any time someone could come bust them, drop them, etc. They do what you don’t want to do and that is Prepare and they use intel which you don’t want to do. You can see what they are in and easily bring something to counter them at any time.

The “other side” aka the “evil pvpers” has been nerfed time and again. You are just spoiled that you have been living in the era of safety.

There is no helping you if you don’t want to learn. CCP gives you a buff and you still whine.

Heavy on conclusions, light on premises…as though we’re supposed to just accept what you say as fact without any supporting arguments, and dismiss the issues many have raised by ignoring them and pretending like they’re whatever you want to talk about instead. Your comments literally look like they’ve been pasted from another thread by accident. In other words, you’re beat…not that you were ever much of a contender to begin with. NEXT…

If there is no celestial in dscan range then use an unexpected angle, i.e. not inline with gates (or with the sun if the campers are trying especially hard). Turn on your anomalies, see if there’s one out of line to the gate from other gates and the sun, then warp from there to the gate.

I’ve found travel through hostile space become much safer now that I can fit a nullification module on my Blockade runner, explorers and T3C (even without nullification subsystem), and ran through many bubble camps and bubbled gates with it.

I also got caught in some bubbles when I forgot to activate the module, so there’s that.

The main things it changed for me is that I now use T2 exploration frigates for exploration (instead of interceptors) and that I now use shuttles for shuttling (instead of interceptors).

I like the changes: a little more safety when you play well, but also more room for error.

1 Like

CCP this is a very bad idea… One of my little pleasure was catching these ships with a cloaky Sabre… You are ruining it…
I hate you CCP :unamused:

2 Likes

@Gerard_Amatin Thank you for the anom tip. That’s helpful. I’ve actually tried it before and you’re right, it does work. But given the random nature of that, and the still-present issue of bubbles on both sides for most of the ships, we shall have to agree to disagree on the rest. In my view, you’ve just been lucky so far. I hope that continues to be the case though. o7

1 Like

I am doing only explo and don´t like these changes :confused:

1 Like