Open EVE friendship creation ideas thread

Friendship is the best ship in EVE. Could EVE be something that promotes friendship? This question gave me idea for this thread. Give us your idea how EVE could help create friendship.

I start this thread with few ideas:

1. EVE has player language channels. There is thread that contains links for these language channels but thread is pretty hard to find. I propose more visibility for this thread and player language channels.

2. EVE community has evemeet.net site that advertises EVE community meetings. This site has very low visibility in EVE community. I propose more visiblity for this site so it could promote more friendship.

edit:

1. EVE should have official Discord channel. Discord is excellent chatting software. If EVE already has official Discord channel this channel should get high visibility in EVE community.

edit 2:

1. There could be social media hashtag #evefriendship and you could share photos and other stuff with subject EVE + friendship. This hashtag would get high visibility in EVE net pages.

2. There could be instagram account with EVE friendship subject. Account page should get high visibility in EVE net pages.

2 Likes

I like you. These are good suggestions.

It already is.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’d settle for the chat channels being accessible in a web browser. CCPlease

1 Like
  1. There could be social media hashtag #evefriendship and you could share photos and other stuff with subject EVE + friendship. This hashtag would get high visibility in EVE net pages.

2. There could be instagram account with EVE friendship subject. Account page should get high visibility in EVE net pages.

1 Like
  • Remove suspect state and bring back classic canflipping mechanics, enabling the classic and proven “recruiting by shooting” again.

• Default the protection button to red to stop discouraging new players from experimenting with shenanigans potentially connecting them with others.

1 Like

Likewise bring back corp friendly fire for non-social corps.

Watch corp leadership give a â– â– â– â–  about who is in their corp

2 Likes

Friendship in EVE is an oxymoron. I have been playing EVE off and on since it started and everyone tries to kill me. I was invited once by a player to help them kill something and when I joined their fleet they tried to kill me. This has happened a lot.

I was in a corp and I missed about 2 weeks playing EVE (was in the hospital) When I came back I found I was kicked from the corp.

Face it EVE by its very nature is not a place to make friends.

Sorry to be so cynical but when you are 74 years old you get that way.

1 Like

I’m 72, and I have friends in Eve. Don’t suggest we’re all curmudgeons after our 'three-score and ten", I’m probably less cynical now than 50 years ago (if you don’t count Brexit…)

2 Likes

You still have 2 years to become cynical. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, Eve is indeed a harsh Mistress.

Most fear her but there are those of us who still love her, even if we don’t see her that often anymore.

1 Like

Bumps are spaceship hugs. Bump everyone. :heart:
Also, “nothing says I love you, like a killmail.”

But in all seriousness, I like the #evefriendship idea. Somekind of charity event where people stream and share stuff under that hashtag, perhaps?

1 Like

If buming is spaceship hugging, then I’d like to suggest that antimatter is the preverbial handshake.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.