Orca Align Time Rework

capital MWDs have a 20s cycle time, So do the capital ABs although those get a duration reduction from the AB skill. many people use 500mn MWDs on capitals for that reason.

In my opinion the orca could use a visual update too. A bit bulkier for example. It looks more like a flounder to me.

2 Likes

The align time of the orca is based around making a unlock able mwd + cloak orca fittings close to impossible. The choice of the value becomes much clearer if you take a deeper look into it in eft/pyfa and then play around with timings/implants/rigs/mods on sissi to get it working.

It is actually fairly well done and chosen on purpose.

1 Like

This it looks like it get under the press needs more volume for what it does and what it can carry .

1 Like

It’s not an unrealistic request.

At max skills the orca actually has really good capacity for its purpose. An ore hold capacity of 187,500 m3, cargo hold of 37,500 m3, and a 40,00 m3 fleet hangar. I know everyone says do the cloak+mwd trick for warping faster, but if your in a belt acting as support, odds are your going to have ships within 2500 meters of you there by negating that trick. Especially if its being used as the mass storage device for a small number. Higgs rig + 100mn overheated is still two cycles to hit the speed necessary to warp while still maintaining some local tank and remote reps for other miners to stay on grid.

1 Like

It’s a freaking big ship if you put stabs in it when you’re traveling you can get it done at 24 seconds with a 10-second mwd I would like to see it go down to 15 seconds but I would also like to see the porpoise have a ship Hangar Bay big enough to fit Cruiser I don’t see that happening anytime soon so either way you’re kind of stuck where you’re at

Too bad they don’t make a Capital Micro Jump Drive.

1 Like

What’s the align on a rorq?

Also 1 mdw cycle and poof…

I always think “Hershey Bar”

does it really, lols all around. All those newbs that mine with orcas in nullsec would be safer in a rorqual.

Plus the up to 5 minutes left on your Seige timer, They are safer because they have DPS, + Tank + Cyno not because of the align time.

Higgs rig + 100mn overheated is still two cycles to hit the speed necessary to warp while still maintaining some local tank and remote reps for other miners to stay on grid.

If you are rocking a higgs your align time is 0 secs, because you are aligned out all the time. Also Hiigs make you align slightly faster (~5%) its the 100MN vs 500MN that means you wait 2 cycles which by the way is still only 15 seconds so less than a freighter by far.

cargo hold of 37,500 m3

A touch over 100k with rigs + Expanders. Plus ship hanger which can hold several cruisers.

I would say its fine, Its a very flexible ship and is by far the fattest thing you can get into a standard WH. Their closet Equivalents are DSTs which also have horrible aligns (can also use MWD) and store way less (they are cruiser sized) and freighters (cant use MWD) but store more.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.