Overpriced scam in hubs

If you want it, then sure. But in general, surely you are big enough to make this decision yourself?

You probably will be surprised if find out that English not the first language for everyone. How about 1000 times more. Do you mind buy some stuff from me, just tell me what you need.

The thing is, I donā€™t buy from someone, I buy what I need where I need it

Convenience is the key here. I donā€™t want to spend my time traveling then playing robot games on the market, so if I am far from Jita I may as well purchase on the closest hub.Even at a +900% price.
Of course it depends on what I buy, but typically drugs and ammos are not expensive enough to be actually noticeable.

So, I did not get it, will you buy the item with average price 1 mil for 1 billion?

There is obviously a majority of comments from people clutching their pearls and rallying to the defense of Eveā€™s cut-throat natureā€¦yupā€¦thatā€™s a perspective.

Should scams be banned? Nahā€¦it keeps the game interesting. As long as they donā€™t drastically change the way the game works or cause real-world harm (e.g. proxy for gambling addictions or some weird crypto-currency/real-world connection), they are just another part of the scum and villainy in Eve.

To address the root suggestion, which does have merit: a configurable safety/warning system would be interesting to consider. Iā€™m generally in favor of anything that gives a player more control over their experience.

The safety option is almost completely useless in low/null secā€¦but if you could configure what the red/yellow/green setting didā€¦now there is a new tool to play with. If you could define at what values the various market warnings appear, now you have a new tool to play with.

Donā€™t get rid of market scams, but maybe give people control over the already built-in warning features.

Not a bad suggestion contained in the classic ā€œwoe is meā€ scam victim post.

1 Like

Nah. He had a warning already. He also said he didnā€™t read it or couldnā€™t be bothered.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

EVEingthing is as intended.

1 Like

Oh, I completely agree. 100% their fault.

That aside, the suggestion still has merit.

To me it does not, its just another slippery slope into complete carebearness.

They already got a warning. Thatā€™s more than enough.

Iā€™m surprised marketplace scams even work nowadays. So kudos to the dude who had faith.

2 Likes

It works very often.

literally placing an item for the usual price ā€¦ plus three zero behind. You can see the spike on the day of the sale, and next day you can see nothing since CCP removes the actual highest daily sale from the history.

This game is set in a dystopian future where immortal capsuleers are above the law.

Donā€™t come into the game expecting anything remotely close to real life and you donā€™t be disappointed.

1 Like

I demand to speak with a manager!

you didnt use a credit card thoā€¦

soā€¦ stop being so toxic and move on.

It isnā€™t a scam. They put up an item for a certain price and you paid what they asked for. Think of the brand name and extra service you got with the item.

1 Like

Well, some people call Eve as psychopath simulator, but I think thatā€™s rather reductive. Itā€™s a sandbox. Youā€™re free to make friends or enemies, help or hinder, act with honor and integrity or be an epic scumbag. And it is this choice that sets Eve apart from most MMOā€™s and is one of the reasons why this game is so fun and rewarding.

Scumbags, of course, are free to be scumbags, which allows players to engage in game play that theyā€™d be hard pressed to find elsewhere. However, this also, imho, makes how other players chose to conduct themselves all the more meaningful, and it makes the accomplishment of players all the more significant.

Being honorable in a game that allows scumbaggery is noteworthy only because there is nothing forcing you to be honorable.

Being able to survive and thrive in brutal and unforgiving game full of scumbags is significant precisely because it is hard, and because so many players give up. I mean, no one is writing articles about the deeds and accomplishments of club penguin players.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with wanting a more casual and/or cooperative game. In fact, I frequently enjoy such games myself. However, plenty of those games already exist. So, if you want to play one, I suggest you seek one out instead of trying to make Eve into a cuddlier and more casual experience.

But, if you want a harsh and unforgiving, PvP-centric sandboxā€¦ boy, do I have the game for you.

2 Likes

Wrong, no extra service or brand. The same exacly item only 1000times more. I do not mind spend 1000 in a fancy restaurant for a salat. Or pay 10 in macdonalds. But i do mind charge in macdonalds 10000 if everyone pay only ten if i did not check the numbers on register. And i was overcharged. Accidental or becauce someone want make extra cash. More than that my credit card sent me notification and block this transacton

Please find me the picture witn difference in 10 000$ and I completely agree with you.
You donā€™t see the difference pay twice for the item which is totally ok even ten times , but not 10 000 times

who are you to draw a line of 10 000 000 000 000 ?

everyone will be willing to draw the line with the setting or not draw the line at all. It is completely depend on YOUR decision and YOUR settings

and in the end it will only be the same exact thing as the present warning : every body will ignore it.

1 Like