Planetary interaction website (evehelper.pages.dev)

Hi, I’m developing a planetary interaction website: https://evehelper.pages.dev/
Already added:

• Colorized commodity prices
  • Improved display of relationships in production
  • Added links to third-party sites for planetary goods
  • A bunch of other minor changes

There are many users on the site, but there is almost no feedback on it. Therefore I want to ask here: what can be improved, corrected, added?

2 Likes

It’s looking pretty good as it stands, to me - thanks & well done :clap:

1 Like

Hi, I’m pretty new to PI but I’ve always wondered about projected income per character based on what they produce on the planet per hr/week/month. Could be a nice addition to your feature list to be able to compare different potential incomes. Really nice website so far though.

1 Like
  1. Looks neatish.
  2. Using green, yellow, and red is awful for some colorblind folks.
  3. Also, p3 items, some have 3 inputs while others have only 2. Valuing those items as equal is bad (IMO). Have the tool’s math equalize them before it decides the ranking. (if it does and I cant tell, my bad, see point 2)
1 Like

If I cllick on a cell it highlights, and the only way I’ve found to un-highlight it is by reloading the page - am I missing something obvious (my usual mo :blush:) or is this in fact the case ?

1 Like

Looks neatish.
Really nice website so far though.

Thanks

I’m pretty new to PI but I’ve always wondered about projected income per character based on what they produce on the planet per hr/week/month. Could be a nice addition to your feature list to be able to compare different potential incomes.

Low level production heavy depends on productivity of extractor heads and it is almost impossible to predict projected income precisely.
High level production is better predictable. Thanks for idea.

Using green, yellow, and red is awful for some colorblind folks.

I’m working on adding color ratio number that indicates actual color hue.

Also, p3 items, some have 3 inputs while others have only 2. Valuing those items as equal is bad (IMO). Have the tool’s math equalize them before it decides the ranking. (if it does and I cant tell, my bad, see point 2)

Commodity prices ranks calculates independently. Cheap/Expensive rank is based on average price in universe and not related to other commodities.

If I cllick on a cell it highlights, and the only way I’ve found to un-highlight it is by reloading the page - am I missing something obvious (my usual mo :blush:) or is this in fact the case ?

You can press same key again to unhighlight. I just added appropriate description to page footer.

Using green, yellow, and red is awful for some colorblind folks.

I have added color ratio number support that can be enabled using checkbox below image.

I love your web page!

Just want to say that.

1 Like

Sorry. I guess just saying “it’s cool” isn’t very productive.

It would be cool if it showed a total of the costs of each tier. Like right now when I highlight “Broadcast Node” I can see that it has a sale price of 1.95m. And I can see that the three inputs , newcoms are 67.8 k, Data Chips are 99.9 k, and Hightech transmitters are 102k.

I know that I need 6 of each to make one Broadcast Node.

So I get out a calculator and add (67.8 + 99.9 + 102) * 6 = 1618.2

It would be cool if there could be a field below the T3 screen that showed 1618.2. Would save much calculator typing.

But seriously, the website makes T4 and T3 manufacturing so much easier that I don’t mind typing.

Just thinking its more constructive if I suggest something, instead of just saying “it’s cool!” (Because it is.)

You can predict factory planets pretty well, 70 to 140 million isk per day per 6x P3 factory planets is achievable. (Around 10-20m per planet)

About 100m isk a day per p4 planet.

Lot of haulage work

I needed to do about 360000m3 haulage a day to make it work? Which is about 3 trips in a specialized Orca.

All together I’d say you needed about 2 billion isk to “fuel the forges” so to speak.

6xP3
3xP4

Numbers are ballparks

I can already tell what this site needs MORE than anything.

Real Pi needs to be broken down per planet PER m3 haulage per cost.

You need to at a glance know that in one haul you can make 100m from 6 planets.

You need to be able to know how many factories you can use per planet and at a glance know how many m3 inputs you need and how much m3 outputs it produces.

Everything else is noise.

And. If you blow up and rebuild your Launch Pad like I did with my P4 planets so I could run 14 p4 factories at once.

You NEED to know how many UNITS of inputs you need to shuttle between silos so you can quickly demolish and rebuild landing pads efficiently with NO BACKLOG of cool down timers

Doing this top secret method I could make 418 P4 every 30 hours. PER PLANET

I’m yourGod. Come to me when you want to really know how to master pi. I’d be glad to make surethis site includes all the tricks.

It’s not even worth it any more when you’re worth about 5bil isk or more.

Can make more trading pi lol

Or - you could do a bit of googling and buy yourself a calculator, rather than demanding someone else does all that tedious stuff for you…

I have my own calculator. Dont be condescending

I literally make 418 P4 per planet per day. You wont find anyone who understands Pi markets better than me. Or how to construct factory planets.

And another piece of Advice…NEVER make your own inputs

There is NO VALUE ADDED in the process chain. You literally just pass the costs onto yourself because Pi is so production driven.

Choose a tier. And maximize your production within that tier.

Tiers are dependent upon your capital and haulage capability. No tier is more favorable than another except perhaps p3 vs p4 where finding markets and spreading your weight over the markets matters.

Especially in P4 where some markets can barely handle 400+ units a day and most p4 is worthless.

I think I made only 3 types of p4 in my entire career.

I have extensive spreadsheet calculators to determine if it was every profitable to manufacture my own inputs.

It never was.

So those calculations go unused.

All my calculators are unused now.

Pi stops being worth anything after you’re able to station trade about 2 to 3 billion isk a day.

Pi is a good lower-middle income trade…

Then Pi should be replaced by Fuel blocks

Your factory planets gives you tremendous value added advantage to fuel block production.

But that might get you to the 3-4billion isk station trading level before it too is worthless.

So fuel blocks built on the backs of your Pi factories is about the max you can squeeze out of that turnip and maybe gets you to middle class.

“I understand PI markets better than anyone in the whole world,. I have the bigliest factory planets ever”

I never knew The Donald played Eve…

Only difference is I can put money on the table lol.

I’m not being an a sshat about it. I just mastered it.

I considered making 418 p4 per day (30hours technically) per planet to be mastery of Pi.

Regardless.

I’m probably ready to give away trade secrets and one of the biggest secrets is knowing how much units you need to fuel your factories and how much haulage that requires.

So a calculator should point you there first.

Only then can you look at profits per planet.

Then decide to make that product or not

1 Like

An example is my p3 factory planet used 6660 units of p2 input.

So for Robotics as example you would input the prices of each input into the calculator and would get a return in profit, if any, per planet.

You shop around and pick a p3 worth making.

Sometimes it’s a pain in the butt like Gel-mat because it requires 3 inputs. So way more clicks if changing product…

You build your hauler around those numbers.

6660 x 2 = 13320 units per planet for robotics inputs. Blah blah.

All I remember is I could haul like … 2-2.5 planets worth of p3 inputs on a DST/epi.

Had to go Orca to operate more effectively but by then it’s like…station trading is better lol

I see that there are ISK amounts listed. Are these updated through Jita Price databases? I imagine it would require linking it to an active marketing website.

I think your PI site is the best because you get the info you need quickly, without pondering over packed spread sheets. If you really want to make a one stop site, add pictures (or interactive diagrams) of possible production setups of every level with the same easy to understand design that makes your so good.

Thank you