Player jump gates coming next month. What's the big deal?

IDK exactly, but Rorqual looks like a solution for 0.0 Alliances to built Capitals and Citadels relatively fast back in the days. I shouldn’t mention the amount of only ore resources they requires. Considering they aren’t miners by default, it makes sense. A 1500 members alliance can’t afford to mine with Ventures and Barges to build an 0.0 infrastructure. Things changed drastically with renting empires, where thousand of subscriptions (as you mentioned) began to mine and hunt NPC none stop, even in a multiboxing mode. Things going worst, when CCP is preparing patches to secure this model as best as possible.

@Dracvlad

Just saw the newly uploaded videos about incoming changes. Here’s the thing

It makes a 6M HP 5ly bridge between 2 systems only. Allows one gate per system, which is a good concept at least. I thought those gates will have like 10ly jump range, but 5ly it’s more or less not bad. But, but… No Jump Fatigue for all ships and over 1 hour reinforcement for Hull makes them nasty. They should release two types of gates, if ‘gating’ is so important:

• Standard Ansiblex Jump Gate without Fatigue for all subcap ships.

• Capital Ansiblex Jump Gate without Fatigue in a 10ly radius only from your headquarter Keepstar for all Cap ships. It will allow to make patrolling capital fleets around your main system, without stacking the Fatigue.

So, these FLEX gates can be anchored into SOV space only with an upgraded I-Hub, right?

think so yeh

And honestly no fatigue means a 200 man gang of jackdaws can go from one end of eve to the other relatively fast, i dont feel this is a good idea personally.
could cut the jumps by more than half making a possible 40 jumps one way only 20, probably even less…

I am in favour of applying jump fatigue, but I will suggest that removing this from jump bridges and allowing capitals to use them opens up the possibility of a lot of them going boom. Power projection is of course an issue, but people will be looking to block their movement using waterboarding. The question is how good will these networks be and will these develop into a number of different possible routes.

The thing is that moving stuff with these networks means developing and telegraphing your movement plan in advance, shifting peoples to agree to one. So as such there is an added later of gameplay in this.

Why restrict them to Player Sov only?

Goons are incredibly well organised at times, they probably have a plan laid out already.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.