Plex drops as a means of controlling price

So however many then (shrugs), pick your own number… question still stands :smirk:

If time card start dropping, I’m pretty sure people would put in the effort to farm them even if each rare drop are only 1/500th of a card. We already have people grinding ISK in afk drone ship on alpha clones.

Oh I agree PLEX drops in sufficient quantity to reasonably farm them for sub won’t happen & is a bad idea (for so many reasons I didn’t feel the need to enumerate because others have already).

We might have been talking a little bit at cross purposes on this?

I was just saying I don’t think illegally multi boxed alphas is a potential problem as seemingly implied by…

At least not one that CCP won’t be able to easily spot & rectify… from their perspective anyway.

Are we on the same page now or have I still misunderstood where you’re coming from?

So, WITHOUT bots of any kind.

Why make one alpha account when an unlimited number of them are available. Why make only one, when it makes more sense to skill farm on 100+, get them to the point where they can self-sustain Omega status by just selling skillpoints.

And then, if 100 OMEGA (monthly plexed) skill farm accounts are available, why not use them to gather rare materials. Even without bots, even WITHOUT multiple windows opened and controlled manually, the sheer number of accounts permits bypassing whatever time locks, slot limits, industry job limits, etc. CCP puts in.

CCP has no limits on the number of accounts, and it’s pointless to make just one.

Omega accounts not alpha, that’s different sure, and allowed by CCP, and isn’t a problem as far as they’re concerned because they get paid for each one.

It shouldn’t be a problem from a server load standpoint either as the income would allow CCP to provide bigger & beefier servers to compensate while still making more profit.

So the problem you perceive is?

Not saying there isn’t a problem with that (though I can’t see one myself… at this time) just asking what you think the problem with that is so I can figure out if I agree or not :slight_smile:

1. I already posted my “problem” in my first reply and you disagreed with it, clearly.

2. The thread has been necroed after a month of inactivity, and instead of ignoring such long-dead threads, you’ve burst onstage and started arguing with Frostys, Krysend, and me. So I think you’re crusading.

No more comments from me.

Really… <goes back to read it again.

No you haven’t stated anywhere there what you think a problem might be… you’ve just listed a series of facts… all of which I happen to agree with accept one

OK… no problem agreeing with that.

Ahh there it is… the only thing I commented on or disagree with in any sense out of what you posted was that… you can’t farm “stuff” (which I presumed to mean PLEX drops given the OP subject matter) with multiple alpha accounts because you can’t multi-box them… at least not without risking a ban.

I came in as a result of idly scanning down the most recent list… it had just had a post popping it up toward the top again, so that’s… insert your own negative adjective :wink:

Nope… I made a comment that got a response, anything after that has been for the most part simply seeking clarification on what others meant or thought I meant.

You do? I’m not… I would ask what I’m supposed to be crusading for but I don’t want to extend this exchange with you any further, and I don’t really care.

Ditto o7

Edit:

I wasn’t arguing with anyone up until now :slight_smile: and if you think I was disagreeing with Krysend you didn’t bother reading what I said.

Anyway… o7