PLEX insurance, your opinion?

I don’t know how to write it without someone feeling attacked.
A similar game from CCP has introduced a new insurance and I wonder if something like that would come in EvE and if it would make sense.

I want to emphasize that I am not on any side of this question and just want to know the opinion without comparing the games. It’s also not a troll post or anything, but just normal discussion.
Thank you very much.

Background info

My thoughts: Such an insurance for an empty freighter/jump freighter would cover 99% of the costs except for the possibly dropped low slots.
No idea how expensive it would be for a Titan, but would also cover most of the costs, since the modules are a smaller part of the costs.

Let’s assume it would find a use and be halfway useful. That would already drive the PLEX prices and thus make the abo plexing more expensive, because more ISK would be needed for it? So indirectly, the bots (and multiboxers) would be affected, because then they could not make so many profits, unfortunately then to some extent normal abo plexer probably too.

PLEX insurance
  • PLEX Insurance would be great
  • PLEX insurance would be terrible
  • I don’t care
  • I don’t play anyway

0 voters

Echoes is not EVE. This is not forum for Echoes. Go with your conspiracy theories of how CCP is bad, somewhere else.

3 Likes

From their description:

With the above in mind, we aim to design an insurance system that can maintain a delicate balance. On the one hand, the system should quickly mitigate player losses; on the other hand, insurance payouts out should flow back into the economy. This way, players can enjoy combat to their heart’s content, and we can make sure that players who engage in industry are able earn additional ISK.

One of the core principles of EVE is that losses are meaningful. In EVE Echoes you just pay your losses away with PLEX. I feel like there is a discrepancy here.

And a little further:

4. How the Insurance System Benefits Industry
a. Insurance points spent by players will be converted into PLEX—then this will return to the players as ISK via the market.
b. ISK from this is then used to purchase ships/modules used for compensation from the market.
c. Players only need to list their items on the market, and the system will automatically purchase them to be used as compensation.

Does this mean EVE Echoes automatically buys a new ship for you from the market as part of the insurance?

I really really hope EVE Echoes is not in any way influencing EVE as their gameplay design seems terrible and completely not-EVE.

2 Likes

In the game is currently described something different than how it stands there I think. Anyway, I see a lot of parallels in how PLEX in Echoes is developing and the prices, so my question is not so crazy when CCP would incorporate that into EvE as well. It would be a PLEX consumption away from abo plexing in any case. Whether that would be a good thing, I don’t know.

“Interesting” is also 70% discount as long as you don’t have any “killmails” that you would refund. :sweat_smile:

Let’s assume it would find a use and be halfway useful. That would already drive the PLEX prices and thus make the abo plexing more expensive, because more ISK would be needed for it? So indirectly, the bots (and multiboxers) would be affected, because then they could not make so many profits, unfortunately then to some extent normal abo plexer probably too.

Eve echoes is to eve what chalk is to cheese.

3 Likes

Have you ever eaten chalk. As an expert on crayon eating and glue sniffing. I can assure that my adventures into the culinary world of chalk has been most pleasing. Generally it comes with a touch cheddar and finishes like a dry white wine from the eastern regions of france. I can highly recommend purple crayons with a side of tide pods as desert to go with a selection of the finest chalks. Please educate yourself before posting you uncultured fedo.

2 Likes

Wanna talk about echoes? Go to their discord. The forums are not for that.

Haha, who is there worried and about what you let hide quite normal question without any evaluation? I guess the usual “Pvp losses must be meaningfull” people :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s NOT about echoes. That’s about the possibility of it happening here too.

And what should I discuss at Echoes forum? if I would ask there “Does it come possibly also in EvE and how would one find it?” what would they answer me? Probably something like: “Go to EvE forums and ask THERE”. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Don’t compare the games. Just like you can’t compare serenity to tranquility

As I said, I’m not comparing them at all, I just want to know the opinion about whether something like that would be conceivable in EvE and how the others would find it.

huh, yes i can?

Moved from General Discussion to Player Ideas & Feedback. Using an Eve Echoes concept to describe an idea for a concept in Eve Online is fine.

1 Like

The problem is you want to discuss a pay-to-win mobile game…

and then want to know how we the playerbase would react to a PC game like EvE being the same way???

yeah GTFO here with that garbage.

2 Likes

Thank you for restoring the opening post and clarifying the rules.

GTFO with this F2P mobile trash. If you don’t like losing ships learn to be better at EVE and avoid losses, the last thing EVE needs is even more ability to spend IRL cash to avoid in-game consequences.

1 Like

This idea seems counterintuitive. Pass, thanks.

1 Like

Well, I’m not a fan of Eve’s current insurance system. So, reading Eve Echo’s insurance mechanics just had me shaking my head. Mods are covered? Items instantly delivered to players at their current station? Free PvE loss reimbursements once per month? The ability to claim losses up to 14 days old? Wow.

Anyway, they said they linked insurance to plex because they are suffering a lot of inflation -which is currently not a problem for us. So I’m not sure what benefit we would get out of it. Also, some of the wealthiest people in the game might be able to commit a new type of insurance fraud with it by manipulating plex prices before blowing up their ships.

4 Likes

First of all, thank you for your assessment in a well-articulated language.

What would something like this look like?
An insurance account is filled with points in advance and these are then used up when the insurance is activated. And if it says so correctly, only the modules that have not been dropped will be reimbursed.

But it’s true, the system is very confusing, I’m curious how the whole thing will affect the PLEX prices, but that’s not the topic here, maybe just as a possible empirical value.

dont forget…it says RIGS also, not just modules. and we know rigs dont drop, mostly (T3C)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.