Possibly Insane? Medium guns on Dreads?

Double or triple the fitting requirements (likely PG). It’s how they already effecitvely prevent battleship guns from fitting on anything smaller than an ABC.

In essence. make it so that sure you CAN fit say half a rack of large turrets on your battleship, or you can fit 2 L, 3 M, and 2 S, or 1 L, 5 M, etc. Different permutations. It would go a LONG LONG way towards breaking arty doctrines, which are utterly horrible gameplay.

It’s just like when you’ve got 75m3 of drone bay space. Sure you can put 3 heavy drones in, but if you want to optimize you’ll get the best DPS with 2 heavy, 1 medium, and 3 light. (for anyone reading this I’ve just gone back to read this post and apparently 2+1+3=6. Not a very common number of drones for a ship. Apparently math was hard at that point in time. The correct number would be 2 heavy, 2 med, 1 light).

Overall, I absolutely love the concept. It would have to be something in a major release (damn near Eve 2.0 given how significant of a gameplay change it would be) but I love the concept.

Lol I’d be lying if I didn’t consider suggesting that titans get citadel Stand-Up PD systems.

In the case of a Titan I can almost see it, because the Titan is “■■■■, you just spent 100b on your ■■■■. Go ahead and stomp on something”. But a dread? They’re getting WAY too much out of their niche with HAW guns.

The rest of what you said is why I said medium weapons rather than small weapons; I agree they’re underwhelming. Adding RLMLs to a Phoenix may cause people to undock them for more than an upgraded Drake joke.

Never the less, this thread is about encouraging discussion. So… why do you hold the position that you do?