Praxis

OF COURSE if you put CPU-intensive modules on it it will not have CPU ! Don’t say it sucks when you chose to make it bad ! The armor fit I linked has no CPU issue. Guess why ? Because I didn’t want to make it suck.
lots of answers by a noob, it seems.

1 Like

Here you go, one alpha allowable fit that just barely cracks 1200 DPS before heating. 3% CPU implant required.

[Praxis, Alpha Praxis]

Co-Processor II
Damage Control II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Ballistic Control System II
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
X-Large C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
‘Copasetic’ Particle Field Acceleration
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Inferno Fury Heavy Missile
[Empty High slot]

Large Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I
Large Rocket Fuel Cache Partition I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I

Federation Navy Ogre x4
Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Valkyrie II x5

Inferno Fury Heavy Missile x5000
Navy Cap Booster 800 x40

If one wants to bling it more than just a couple C3-X in the lows I’d suggest a X-L Gist shield rep because that will make capacitor management enormously easier and still fit within the CPU limits and give another 100+ EHP/s in tank recovery. Basically the main thing is this is a fit that exploits the RHML being the only large weapon an alpha clone can use T2 ammo with.

5 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out, but I knew Armor tanking needed less CPU. But now that you have a good armor tank, how’s your gank? You now have chosen to make your gank suck, as you don’t have room for enough damage mods.
A Raven gets pretty tight with the CPU too, so I’m suppose to armor tank it? I don’t think so.

Using RHML? OMG, that is what I thought, those are used against frigates and cruisers. They are not very good for L4s. Now if you’re going to use this Praxis in L3s, they would be good, but a BS for L3s? And with a 35s reload time, that’s almost an eternity. Fury’s have a large explosion radius, so you should have some mods to help you apply the damage, otherwise the effort is wasted.

There are always pros and cons on everything, many things to consider.

The Praxis is the Gnosis of battlecruisers.

1 Like

Depends on the kind of L4s you run. RHMLs are great for blitzing.

I agree with that Arthur. Against some BSs it will be very hard to break their tank. 1200dps seems like a lot, but the volley is low, and that is something to consider.

1 Like

My Praxis rant is over. There is nothing more I wish to say about it.

Have fun with it, play around with the fit, and see what you can do with it.

:slight_smile:

Multiboxing several RHML-fit ships is actually quite effective (be it a Raven, Rattlesnake or Praxis). Just load up with auto-targeting missiles, get aggro via a TP or EW module and let them rip.

A squad of three RHML ships will chew through most L4s like butter. Rattlesnakes are particularly nasty with Geckos and C3-X ballistic controls. With full V skills and +5 missile implants you will deliver 1400 DPS (about 1600 DPS with Faction missiles).

I like warp trail it “wings” blaze behind em and i like sound of animation, animation it self is lame like rest of a ship is definition of “we don’t have any ideas how to make this ship good so lets just bonus it to everything and toss in metric ■■■■ ton of slots too”.

Lame idea produce lame ship.

All the SoCT ships are bonused for everything (Gnosis, etc.) and require zero skills - hence the appeal. This isn’t anything really new, so…

1 Like

You can also exceed 1200 DPS on a blaster fit, but unfortunately since the ship moves at the speed of a drunk slug even under MWD it isn’t worth considering seriously.

Rails though are quite servicable, and you can get 900-1100 depending on skills and fit. But frankly you can take the same fit and move it onto a Navy Domi and go blasting past 1300 DPS. So meh? The only thing it can be competitive with is missiles sadly. And the CPU on it is obnoxiously tight.

Artillery + Sentries only makes it to just over 900 DPS, and the actual salvo from the artillery itself is about 5K. Nothing special. On the other hand it does seem to be the best balanced of the lot requiring no fitting module assistance to hammer anything in. Tank is a bit light on the recovery side so you will definitely be leaning on that MJD to re-acquire range.

Energy beams though. I’ve not found a single fit I remotely like. Looks cool, but performance wise this thing just cannot use them without dedicating way too many slots to capacitor and/or powergrid management.

1 Like

It feels like a lot of you were baited on a free ship. I’m not exactly sure what some of you were looking for. This isn’t going to necessarily rival a Pirate Faction or Navy Battleship. It is what it is: free and skill free. If it was better, players would be complaining that it outshines T1 and Navy (and possibly even some Pirate) hulls.

2 Likes

no you did not know, other wise you would have tested it.

losing ONE BCU makes the gank sucks ? you are stupid.

in PVE you can’t armor tank a raven BECAUSE IT ONLY HAS 4 LOWS !! if it had 7 lows we could armor tank it very well !

All your rants make no sense, you are just whinning for the sake of whinning without anything interesting to say.

1 Like

Is this fit cap stable?

Also I’m assuming that the grappler is for holding down light only drones?

1 Like

[Praxis, L4 RHML cheap]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Co-Processor II
Damage Control II

Pith X-Type Explosive Deflection Field
Large Micro Jump Drive
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 400
Pith B-Type Large Shield Booster
Dread Guristas Kinetic Deflection Field
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Heavy Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I

Warden II x4
Warrior II x5
Gecko x2

Zainou ‘Gypsy’ CPU Management EE-603
Zainou ‘Snapshot’ Heavy Missiles HM-703
Zainou ‘Gypsy’ Long Range Targeting LT-803
Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Target Navigation Prediction TN-903
Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Rapid Launch RL-1003

170 milions in modules, another 150 milions - in implants. But the only mandatory implant here is EE-603, which you should be able to get from you own LP store for 10 milions ISK and some LP.
Fit is capable of dealing over 1000 DPS from 84 km range (drone control range is a limit here). And unlike Rattlesnake you are equally good (or bad) with any missiles, not only thermal or kinetic. 477 DPS cold active tank (passive tank is for PVP). That fit is sharpened for Angel Cartel ships, for other NPC you have to swap hardeners, missiles and drones…

2 Likes

You should be able to simulate the fit.

I don’t think it’s capstable with alpha skills. It is with mine but cap stability is not really that interesting. If you want to make it cap stable, juste remove everything that uses capacitor.

With the 1200 m³ it should be good to add a few cap charges in it, therefore increasing cap stability. However, again, I consider cap stability as being garbage indication of the worth of a general pve ship.

The grappler is indeed to take down small fries that can escape you.
Actually if this fit has a RHML and two painters, you should remove one painter for a webifier.

Well cap stability is fairly important for pve but whatever.

1 Like

no its is not.
As I told you, to improve your cap stability you can simply remove all the modules that consume capacitor.

Cap stability is definitely important for PvE mission running. The ship needs to be able to withstand large amounts of damage for an extended amount of time since most missions are rather long with a large amount of NPC’s.

3 Likes

Definitly! BUT, when played right you probably wont take full damage all of the time, also when played wrong even a cap stable tank might not save you.

P.s. not an attack on what you said, just adding to the conversation :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have gradually come around to your thinking on cap stability. Mainly because Tranquility has been so flaky over the past few weeks that I can’t gamble on losing a ship to an unexpected disconnect when it runs out of capacitor. This is on top of the OSX-prone crashes that still plague Mac players.

I’m trading a mid and two lows for this “insurance”, but it’s already saved me one guaranteed ship loss. Prior to this I’d always run cap-unstable fits and pulsed my armor repairer or shield booster as required, but I’ve been able to offset the slight hit to DPS with expanded maneuverability through the cap stable fit.

So +1 from me. Consider me part of the converted.

2 Likes