Praxis Low Budget Fitting for a Noob like me

Hi there guys. I am new in Eve and i like this game.

I have received the cruiser Praxis. I love this ship, it looks beautiful. Yes, it is a bit cumbersome, but no strengths without weakening. I’m looking for a fitting that you can afford as a beginner. I have just over 3 million skill points and i am learning daily, and some isks I have also saved. I would like to fly this ship to be able to carry out agent missions 2-4 or something like that noobish stuff.

If you could suggest a fitting to me that no pro experience needed I would be very grateful.

Thank you for your effort and help

1 Like
  1. Are you alpha ? Some modules (MJD, T2 guns) are reserved for alphas.
  2. Did you train already in a specific large-size weaponry ? eg. Large lazers, torpedoes, etc.
  3. Did you train already in a specific defense type ? it’s less important but if you already have shield trained, no reason to force you using an armor fit.
  4. What is your budget ?

Hello Anderson,

1.) yes, i am Alpha.

2.) i have trained heavy Missiles. I’m not sure if you meant that, but I can catch up on certain things if you want to give me a recommendation

3.) I have some experience and “skills” in armor and shield tanking done by the agent missions and some tutorials. Have so far no preference or super-developed skills in one area.

4.) My budget is 80 million, maybe a bit more

I do not need a super perfect fitting. Only something that works and is not completely silly. That’s why I’m asking for help. I am satisfied with small steps.

Thanks for your help Anderson

1 Like

Oh, I almost forgot. I also learned many drone skills. If that would be useful with this ship.

1 Like

That´s my Fitting at the Moment

High
6x Rapid Light Missile Launcher I*
114x Scourge Light Missile*

Medium
10MN Afterburner I*
Shield Boost Amplifier I*
Target Painter I*
2x Large Cap Battery I*
2x Adaptive Invulnerability Field I*

Low
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System*
Reinforced Bulkheads II*
2x Co-Processor II*
Ballistic Control System II*
Drone Damage Amplifier I*
Damage Control II*

Modifications
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I*

Drones
5xHammerhead
5xWarrior

Doing L3s and doing L4s are completely different things.

That being said, looking at your fit

• you need 100mn for a BS, not a 10 mn(it is for cruisers/battlecruisers)
  • you don’t have a shield booster, so your shield boost amplifier is completely useless.
  • painter does bot help a lot with light missiles. You should use rapid HEAVY missile launcher, which is BS size.
  • bulkhead is useless for a BS in small quantities.
  • since you use co-processors, it looks like you have grid issues. Use compact version of modules (100mn, BCU, DDA, DC)
1 Like

I will implement your suggestions. Thanks for your comments.

1 Like

Ships are like tools, you want to use the right tool for the job. The way you seem to be going about things is like taking a multi-tool with as many attachments as possible so it’s super bulky and unwieldy, it will get the job done but it’s not really great for anything. You probably spend longer looking for the right tool than you would if you just had the right specific tool already out.

Lets look at the traits tab on the praxis, almost all the bonuses are for large weapons, Most of these weapon systems hit well vs large targets but have trouble hitting small stuff. Most newbie content is small stuff. Plus it’s a battleship, BS are pretty slow.

For lv2s and other noobish stuff you probably want a simple pocket knife that’s light and easy to use. If you want missiles try a caracal, if you want drones try the vexor, if you want something else I’d be happy to recommend something. Most of these platforms work well with their weapon type and will have some straight forward strategies to deal with content. Also they will get around a lot faster than a slow praxis.

2 Likes

Hello Chainsaw!

Thanks for your advice.

I have already flown small ships and yes, they were faster and less complicated. But I would like to experiment and make my experiences - good and bad to learn from it.

1 Like

for sure it’s good to learn, I’m just thinking that vs low level content you are going to overpower it so much you don’t learn anything, and then jump to harder content and get so overwhelmed you don’t learn anything, and maybe even lose your ship.

1 Like

I found this post, which you might have a look at:

The topic in general covers a lot of fitting options, but this one is specifically for alpha clones and might be worth checking over to see if there’s anything you might learn from it.

1 Like

I agree with chainsaw, you should use a cr for L2s and a BC for L3s, be fine with them, then use a BS for L4s.

1 Like

I’d say avoid that because some fancy footwork has to be done to make it work. Not for a newer player just starting out.

Realistically from a starting standpoint they need to learn that bigger isn’t always better and that the lower level missions are realistically much faster and easier to complete with an appropriately sized ship. You can use a cruiser for L2s and most L3s pretty comfortably.

For a newer player I’d actually suggest a rather different fitting style. Here would be a goal to shoot for:

[Praxis, Alpha Armor Praxis]

Large Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Ballistic Control System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

500MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II
Parallel Enduring Target Painter
Parallel Enduring Target Painter
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Range Script
Cap Recharger II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Inferno Heavy Missile
True Sansha Heavy Energy Nosferatu

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Federation Navy Ogre x4
Hammerhead II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet II x5
Warrior II x5

1 Like

at Chainsaw_Plankton

Maybe you are right and I stumble. You can always learn from mistakes. If that happens, I’ll remember your words for sure :wink:

at Qia_Kare

Thank you for that fitting suggestion

at Anderson_Geten

A good plan, I will take it to heart. Thanks again.

at Kynami Vaille

Wow, the fitting looks great and is accessible to me. Thank you very much

Finally, I want to say, I’m not a pro-gamer. Of course I do a lot of nonsense in your eyes is a waste of time, but I also want to have fun. If I drive over an anthill with a tank, then I’m ready to enjoy it.

For me is all about BOOOOM xD

1 Like

I will point out that you will nearly double your tank’s effectiveness by investing another ~120-150m into a Corpus X-Type Large deadspace armor repair module. So if you do use that fit that would be an upgrade that improves what you can handle effectively.

That sounds nice. I will experiment. Thanks again for all the useful comments. That really helps.

1 Like

don’t forget “don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose”. Just because you got the praxis does not mean flying it is free.

That´s true. You quote rule number 1 in the EVE universe. I read about that. I am careful and rely on prevention.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.