Praxis

Still doesn’t need to be perfect cap stability. Just sufficiently stable enough to ride out the DC and warp-out interval. So anything with 10+ minutes stability would be the gold standard. Stability being perfect of course with the prop mod off.

No it is not cap stable with prop mode running, even with omega skills. But it is not the worst thing of it.

1. It is an omnitanked flying brick with rather short range. Less than 300 m/s and less than 300 EHP/s tank, with 47 km of missile damage range… PvE is about maximum damage of proper type while tanking known damage type from rats. Usually it is two mission - specific hardeners and a repper.

2. Praxis is a drone boat like gnosis. Yet the mentioned fit lacks any drone damage mode.

3. Large micro jump drive means you will jump 100 km from NPC. Now you have 47 km range with fury missiles and maximum speed of 267 m/s with afterburner running to get into range.

4. Grappler is not needed since Praxis has enough drone bay for 4 sentry, 4 large and 5 small drones. Keep spamming missiles at large targets while your small drones clear small quick enemies, who are too close for your sentry drones. But if you are 84 km from nearest NPC, your Wardens are more than capable to kill little NPC , who is burning straight toward you.

Here I post a fit, that has over 100 km range, is cap stable and has mission specific hardners (vs Serpentis in example). It wastes one single low slot for non-damage module. It is expensive and requires +3% CPU implant but it offers you over 300 EHP/s active + range tank. LMJD jump so, that nearest NPC are 70-80 km from you and apply all your DPS (Wardens has 75 km optimal range) non-stop. Keep missiles on large slow targets while your sentry / light drones are clearing smaller ones.

[Praxis, PvE 100km Serpentis]

C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Dread Guristas Co-Processor
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System

Gist C-Type 100MN Afterburner
Large Micro Jump Drive
True Sansha Medium Capacitor Booster, Cap Booster 800
Pith B-Type Large Shield Booster
Dread Guristas Thermal Dissipation Field
Dread Guristas Kinetic Deflection Field
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Range Script

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Large Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I
Large Ionic Field Projector I

Warden II x4
Ogre II x4
Hobgoblin II x5

Zainou ‘Gypsy’ CPU Management EE-603

3 Likes

I view perfect as being Cap stable with everything active, especially when doing up close combat.

If you only have 10 minutes of Cap and have to turn your prop mod off while surrounded by multiple NPC’s, then that allows more DPS to be applied on you.

However if you’re fit for long range snipe action, then being Cap stable isn’t a priority…

1 Like

Then just remove your rep.

You will have a perfect wreck.

Did the old Mantra of “as much tank as needed and as much gank as possible” die during my absence?

Can’t believe we are seriously talking about cap stability for lv 4’s in 2018?

I don’t see those as mutually exclusive concepts. I believe the broader point that is being made here is that cap stability for the modules that are needed to successfully run the site, given the player’s skills, ship, and site specifics is still good advice.

Expanding on DMC’s example, take a sniping ship with sentry drones. In that case, you will likely want cap stability while repping damage, using weapons, etc. However, if you are burning to range, you may not be using weapons or repping. I’ve got a sniping Domi fit that has turrets, a large AB, a repper, and active hardeners that is not cap stable with everything running, but is as long as one of the 4 mod groups is not running. That’s fine for me.

So, cap stability for the modules that are being used in different scenarios while running a mission is indeed a good goal IMO.

But, that does not necessarily imply that full cap stability with every module on the ship is blazing away, if the ship/mods are not used that way. Of course, if a site takes 20 minutes, and you have 30 minutes of cap, is that “cap stable”? I would consider it so, but that’s just me.

In other words, it depends. :slight_smile:

I usually suggest to people that cap stability is a good fundamental goal, but there can be very valid reasons to compromise that in some situations, as long as the player understand what that means in combat and fitting the ship. I agree with DMC’s comment about what is “perfect”, but when I fit I also try to consider what is “adequate” for how I fly and fight. That answer, and comfort margin, can certainly vary by player and situation.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree.

I should have said perfect is having the ship fit being Cap Stable when the appropriate modules for a specific task are active.

Back before the changes to Exploration Hacking sites, there were 3 different modules required to complete all Hacking sites. Radar sites (now known as Data sites) required the use of a Codebreaker module (now known as Data Analyzer). Archeology sites (now known as Relic sites) required either a Salvager module or a Relic Analyzer module to complete those sites, sometimes both modules were needed.

For example, I had an old Cheetah fit that was set up to complete all those Hacking sites. In the fitting screen all 3 of those modules plus a Cov Ops Cloak and an Afterburner showed the Cap was unstable and would be empty very quickly yet in reality not all of those active modules would be in use at the same time. Turning off the modules and leaving only the appropriate modules active in the fitting screen showed that the ship fit was actually Cap stable.

In other words, when the Cov Ops Cloak is active, none of the other active mods would be in use. Or if the Salvager mod was being used, then the Cov Ops Cloak, Data and Relic Analyzers wouldn’t be active, etc.

As such, I didn’t have to add other modules or rigs to make the ship Cap stable and instead could use those slots to increase the ships defense and agility.

5 Likes

Great example, and well said.

I’ll also add that what you are going up against will factor into the equation- expecting neuts from some Blood Raiders? Better be a bit more conservative with that cap! :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. CapStable in regards to missions essentially meant “your tank is stable” back in “my days” and that included the repper. Usually an XL SB that left the fits without meaningful dps. I didn’t really like that concept, not at all.

1 Like

if you have an unstable connection being cap stable will probably save your ship. If you aren’t cap stable and disconnect if you are repping you cap out then die, or you weren’t repping so you just die. Most of the marauders can be fit to do plenty of damage and stay cap stable.

1 Like

The percentage of windowlickers is up drastically in recent years.

nope. A marauder with no rep will also die if in bastion, and gets disconnected, even though it is cap stable.

This “cap stability” is just a mere comfort .

indeed, its important when which module is active or not. for example i used it a lot on my 580 dps enyo vs gurista burner. simply not capstable over all, but turning off no needed modules is important to get it capstable.

the goal is to get it capstable to get it in time and not at all.

3 Likes

That the opposite of cap stability.
I totally agree with you. Most of my fits are not cap stable, because the fights don’t last an infinite amount of time.

Agent angel lasts 1:30 (including warpin) I think so I don’t even need more than 1min cap ; if I get more cap duration, I also have less DPS, thus the fight takes more, so I need more cap … in the end I only have a fight that takes too long.

Base angel lasts I think 3:0 to kill the dramiels (cold), so the same, I just need to have a bit more than 3:0 cap and I’m all right. Same for tank, as long as I can tank long enough to kill the first, I’m owl write.

Sorry for the necropost.

I was looking for a pve ship to do C3 combat sites with as an alpha. People suggested me the Gila, which I think is probably the most surefire ship.

Still, I played around with the fitting tool and pyfa a bit and came out with something of this kind, which should give me around 800 ehp/s active tank and 1k dps with alpha skills, which seems better than what I can get with the Gila, and at a lower price too (around 280 million total). Problem is that it’s pretty immobile and requires navy cap boosters.

[Praxis, 1]

Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II
Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II

Pith C-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
‘Stalwart’ Particle Field Magnifier

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Heavy Missile
Drone Link Augmentor I

Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I
Large Rocket Fuel Cache Partition I

Federation Navy Ogre x4

And this is the performance I’d get with alpha skills

Do you think it could work? Is the lack of mobility an issue?
Also, I have no experience with missiles and rockets, so I don’t know if rapid heavy is the best choice.

1 Like

I mainly fly small to med size hull class ships so having a prop mod is definitely a requirement since it helps with defense. The implants I currently have installed actually boost passive shield tanks, I really should set up a clone with implants to help boost active shield tanks.

Anyway, I don’t know how skilled you are but I messed around with your fit and came up with this:

Thanks!

Still, it looks like it would cost a lot of isk. Like, more than a billion.

Still, considering how big a battleship is, would going from 93 m/s to 267 m/s make that much of a difference?

I’ve never flown anything bigger than a frigate in combat before going into exploration, so those speed values seem too low anyway, and the signature radius too big.

1 Like

Not sure about the cost, I believe Gist shield booster costs less than Pith shield booster.

The Gistum C-Type Invul Field mod is fairly affordable. This fit only utilizes one Invul module which, when added with the Damage Control and Resistance modules, provides almost the same amount of Resistance your fit has without consuming a lot of Cap.

The Resistance modules are currently set up for Omni tank but also allows you the option to double up for specific NPC damage. For instance if going up against Angel NPC’s you can replace the EM and Thermal Resist mods with another set of Explosive and Kinetic Resist mods.

As for the Afterburner, the increased speed it gives will help transverse mission pockets much more quickly. Plus it can be used to help align and go into warp faster than normal, basically a variation of the MWD/Cloak/Warp trick. After jumping into a system, select the ‘Warp to / Jump’ option in the selected items box and activate the Afterburner for one cycle. As soon as that cycle is completed, the ship should go into warp. Base cycle duration is 10.0 sec, skills will enable a lower cycle duration.

Battleships are big and slow so being able to withstand incoming damage and destroy targets is the main concern. The fit I linked actually has more EHP’s than the one you linked, plus you can tailor fit the Resistance modules for specific incoming NPC damage as well as travel faster inside mission pockets.

1 Like

After slowboating to that gate the first time, you will LOVE the additional speed. And yeah, it comes in handy for positioning yourself as well

1 Like

Do Wormhole combat sites have gates?

1 Like