Price of Plex - Market intervention Required from CCP

PLEXING an account is a service that people somehow dont have the right to.

By that logic people dont have the rigt to play the game at all.

Lets just get some basic economics out the way.

Plex is bought with real cash off of ccp.
£=plex
plex=gametime
gametime=£

see the circle?
When plex is too high (as voiced in multiple threads and even on youtube recently - yes, f’ing youtube…)
people do not buy it
what happens when people do not buy plex?
two things
less people/less content
less £ to ccp.

Correct.

1 Like

just sayin.

I think many players here have a skewed vision of microeconomics perhaps. Largely in part to conflicting interests of the wallet kind.

Or maybe its just more time efficent to pay up the $15 than waste time in ever more boring farming in order to PLEX.

ALMS!!!

Also im unemployed so cant afford the $15 lol, but its not for me i debate.

Isnt that what your are wanting? A crutch for the poor to play on PLEXed accounts?

nah, reasonable pricing, and the price is to high; the evidence is clear on this thread; hell its natural clonekillers post ffs; and most of his kronies have a lot of isk.

AND theres literally people even posting on youtube its too much.

The people are speaking, all you have to do, is open your ears.

I think $15 is reasonable.

And like others have said, either flood the market, or stop buying it.

But having a capitalist system, then complaining when it isnt in your favour seems… well, mah freedums?

Just sayin’

1 Like

thats a silly statement, real markets are actually regulated.
EvE’s is not.

That makes a huge difference.

Really? So the price of say gold has a ceiling?

How much is it?

Seriously, who determines if 5m is too much?

Why should it be?

I think youll find EvE’s market is more highly regulated than real life.

There’s only 1 authority after all.

Interesting that you mention gold.

" Gold prices reveal the true state of U.S. economic health. When today’s [gold prices] are high, that signals the economy is not healthy"

And yes, the price of gold does have a ceiling; amazing isnt it?

Its around $1300 i believe but im not the expert.

the players?

Your quote from Kimberly Amadeo doesn’t actually state anything other than her opinion about how gold affects the US economy.

That’s fairly irrelevant though, as the US economy is not the world market in gold, and plenty of people would be glad for a rise in cost.

TBH, Im not seeing an argument here for regulation, just poors complaining they cant PLEX from their AFKing.

Then the players should do something about it as marketeers rather than begging for the state to alter the players greedy mistakes.

1 Like

They are, they are leaving the game and voicing their opinion about it in various places…

And yet the price still rises.

Hmmm.

I kinda hoped for a more mind changing arugment than “EvE is dying”.

I suppose its less effort to be a quitter than do something about it, so I guess the game accurately simulates modern thinking about problems accurately.

2 Likes

There is never NOT an argument for regulation.
The second part of your argument is poor in itself as is your first paragraph and attempt to steer away from facts tbh.

The price of gold does not have a “ceiling”, as in the government came in and said “Gold can only cost X amount of dollars”.

The ceiling you are referencing, is how markets have resistance points that the price have a hard time passing. That doesn’t mean, that these resistance points cannot be passed. Once one is passed, a new one is formed at some higher arbitrary point. It is all market forces that decide these.

The reason why economy health can be linked to gold price, is very likely because gold’s price is rather stable. So if the purchasing power of for example a dollar drops, i.e. the economy is failing, it makes sense to invest in something less sensitive like gold. More investments, means more buyers, ergo price rising.

2 Likes

There’s no counter there, just “You are bad”.

Seriously, is this us done? You havent actually given me a reason to change my mind.

$15 subs > PLEXing accounts, so no reason to complain about it unless you are a bum who cant afford to play the game.

So why should you get a free pass?

1 Like

Im fully aware of what it means but the terminolgy is right, dont be a retard. How can one state two differnt things on two lines so damn close to each other is beyond stupidity.

I don’t think you’ve understood. Nevermind, keep on bickering with Ma.

I just tried to explain something in a calm and friendly manner.

K Bye o7