Price of Plex - Market intervention Required from CCP

permit

1 Like

Well plex did come down but not enough for my liking!

No sympathy for plexing parasites. Buy a subscription and support the game.

What a lame comment. All hail the subscriber overlord! All other players will serve.

I am sure you’ll thrive without the “parasites”. Maybe buy some PLEX to support CCP and sell it for ISK…oh wait, don’t feed the parasites man, grind it yourself.

TY for paying so I don’t need to…

1 Like

High plex prices benefits CCP. High price means more people willing to buy isk “the legal way”. Im just curious how many plex buy orders are coming from CCP employees. I HIGHLY doubt CCP has the moral fibre to resist manipulating the in-game prices for their own benefit. CCPs dream is that eventually every isk spent in-game was generated through plex sales.

Cheaper PLEX would mean it gets used quicker for gametime and skins, Id have thought.

Sure, but then in game demand also says people are less willing to PLEX in game. And as more people buy PLEX out of game for ISK that lowers the in game price.

Markets tend to be remarkably self-regulating at least in terms of price.

The “self regulating” doesnt happen if prices are being artificially inflated by a third party with unlimited in-game funds (ie ccp staff). High plex prices mean isk buyers break out their credit cards more often, and game time is harder to purchase in-game, so more subscription sales. CCP just changed hands for almost half a billion dollars. You really think they’ll let their revenue stream be dictated by a fluctuating in-game market they have no control of?

If i had to guess i’d say YOU work for CCP. By that logic everyone should just spend $131 to play a single game for just one year. Do you pay that every year? I’ve played since 2008. So I should have $1441 invested in ONE VIDEO GAME? Your logic seems sound, but its based on the insane assumption that this game is worth $131 a year. If you’re rich and entitled in real life, i’m sure it makes sense. But your average, down to earth Joe ain’t paying that.

Why not?

Plenty of people spend more on many games that give them enjoyment for a smaller time scale each.

2 Likes

It is a great example of supply and demand and how they auto-correct each other.

1 Like

I spoke my point, but if you really want to argue over the morality of it… I just saw someone build themselves a $10k gaming computer the other day. If people think they deserve something like that (just to play video games?) while other countries are struggling with hunger and disease, then nothing I say here can change their mind.

Not really, morality isnt relevant to the topic.

The fact we are both here talking on a forum of a video game while people are
struggling with hunger and disease kinda proves that.

1 Like

The majority of impoverished countries have little to do with people buying computers. It is to do with political corruption and corporate greed. It all comes down to the 1% and their ownership of 50% of the worlds wealth. An individual can solve little.

Great point. But there might not be a better place in the whole world to get that sort of message across.

1 Like

I like where that thought might go :slight_smile:

economic

2 Likes

Hahahahaha…no. I love this kind of stupid ad hominem. “I don’t like what you say, you must be employed by the bad guys.”

Yes, for 3 accounts.

Yup. Sounds like you really should quit. Sounds like you consider the game worth far less in terms of entertainment than that $1,441 dollars. Why were you so dumb to spend such money? Oh…wait, you didn’t you PLEXed and played for “free” right. Kind of like how mining your own ore is free, right?

In labor economics your wage is your opportunity cost of leisure. So if you have to grind for say 10 hours a month to get your PLEX and your wage is $20 you just “spent” $200 to play for free.

It is just under $11/month, what kind of cheap ass penny pincher are you that you can’t find $11/month? BTW, that $11 today would only buy you $9.22 worth of stuff today. The game has actually gotten cheaper.

1 Like

Then we’d see that in the money supply data…or you think CCP is lying and their monthly economic reports are nothing but a tissue pack of lies.

What? Do you always want to have your cake and eat it too? If higher PLEX prices means more people buying PLEX to sell in game…but it is harder to buy PLEX in game so people are substituting to subscriptions…who is buying up all these PLEX?

You mean like who plays their game? They cannot control their customers, and with no customers no amount of manipulation of the PLEX market is going to save them. You’ve built up this completely incoherent and contradictory fantasy.