Probe fit

So despite not being an alpha newbie anymore, I can’t quit my Probe. I just love flying it: it’s fast and has good cargo capacity, making it good for courier missions or other small hauling, as well as exploration.

My current fit looks like this. It’s optimized for speed and agility, with room for a bit of tank:

High: 3 x whatever current mission calls for

Mid: 5mn Quad LiF Microwarpdrive
Mid: Small Shield Extender II
Mid: 2 x Whatever current mission calls for

Low: 2 x Type-D Restrained Inertial Stabilizer
Low: Expanded Cargohold II (or swap out for mission-specific module)

Rigs: 3 x Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

With my skills, I get the following specs:

• Signature radius: 262m
  • Align time: 2.57 sec
  • Base velocity: 369 m/s
  • Velocity with Microwarp: 2435.7 m/s
  • Warp speed: 8.69 AU/s
  • EHP: 2213 before additional mids
  • Cargo capacity: 510 m3 with single expanded cargohold

I use the warp optimizer rigs for nearly everything I do in a Probe because I find the speed makes my life better, and it makes the Probe even more fun to fly. If I need different rigs for a specific application, I just buy and outfit a second Probe.

So two questions:

1. Any opinions on this fit?
  2. While I love this setup, it costs about 31 million ISK. Is there a better Minmatar frigate/destroyer setup for that price, rather than trying to goose up a T1 hull?
1 Like

Osmium has some decent fits… Here’s one from this past year before they closed.

[Probe, Probe Explorer]
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Warp Core Stabilizer I

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Data Analyzer I
Relic Analyzer I
Cargo Scanner I

Prototype Cloaking Device I
Core Probe Launcher I, RSS Core Scanner Probe
125mm Light Gallium Machine Gun, Phased Plasma S

description says alpha, but alpha can’t use cloaks… this is more of an explorer fit obviously.

[Probe, probe]
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Warp Scrambler II
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket

Small Anti-Explosive Pump I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin II x3
that one might be in more tune to what you are looking for… not sure about price though.

3 Likes

Greetings,

This is vanila exploration Probe:

[Winmatar forever]
Inertial Stabilizers I

Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I
Scan Rangefinding Array I
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Core Probe Launcher I

[Empty Rig slot]
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

Core Scanner Probe I x16

You can play with rigs, if you want faster warp, then use warp speed rigs. But I would not use T2 rigs which push price of the T1 Probe to insane levels as you write.

This is optimised for scanning strenght and agility. The Nanofibers increase your speed and agility. They don’t increase yout signature radius. Overall the whole fit has align under 3, so they are enough and the speed benefit is handy. In contrary, Inertial Stabilisers increase your agility even more, but they don’t increase speed and also they increase your signature radius, which is not desirable.

Well, the T2 rigs are strange. And the small shield extender is also somehow strange. I would not use 2 Inertial stabilisers, but Nanofiber Internal Structure instead. On this particular fit you will be still under 3 with alignment, but you will get bonus on top of it in speed and not increased signature. You will loose tank however, but who needs tank on Probe.

Yes, there is. But not exactly frigate / destroyer. I would consider dedicated T1 huls for specific tasks.
Even dedicated T1 hauler like Nereus/Wreathe has base warp 4,5AU and can carry way more than this fit and will be way cheper. Put 3 T1 hyperspatial rigs on it and you will be above 7 AU with warp. Fit low slots for agility and then you can travel quite fast.

Depends what you like. Fly whatever you enjoy no mater what anybody will be telling you.

Cheers,

BB

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.