So despite not being an alpha newbie anymore, I can’t quit my Probe. I just love flying it: it’s fast and has good cargo capacity, making it good for courier missions or other small hauling, as well as exploration.
My current fit looks like this. It’s optimized for speed and agility, with room for a bit of tank:
High: 3 x whatever current mission calls for
Mid: 5mn Quad LiF Microwarpdrive
Mid: Small Shield Extender II
Mid: 2 x Whatever current mission calls for
Low: 2 x Type-D Restrained Inertial Stabilizer
Low: Expanded Cargohold II (or swap out for mission-specific module)
Rigs: 3 x Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
With my skills, I get the following specs:
- Signature radius: 262m
- Align time: 2.57 sec
- Base velocity: 369 m/s
- Velocity with Microwarp: 2435.7 m/s
- Warp speed: 8.69 AU/s
- EHP: 2213 before additional mids
- Cargo capacity: 510 m3 with single expanded cargohold
I use the warp optimizer rigs for nearly everything I do in a Probe because I find the speed makes my life better, and it makes the Probe even more fun to fly. If I need different rigs for a specific application, I just buy and outfit a second Probe.
So two questions:
- Any opinions on this fit?
- While I love this setup, it costs about 31 million ISK. Is there a better Minmatar frigate/destroyer setup for that price, rather than trying to goose up a T1 hull?