Project Discovery pacifier blueprint

Whelp, there goes about 20 hours for a crap reward.
((I’ve spent about 30-45 minutes each morning going through these samples.))

Assuming there will never be a BPO released, and these ships or their BPCs can’t be ‘purchased’ with LP.

Why would you fly something that will eventually be irreplaceable??
– On account of everyone has used their BPC and this iteration of PD is over (so no new alts running it for BPCs).

Umm. Do you use Geckos? Ever taken a Leopard across the cluster? Maybe a Victorieux Luxury Yacht to extract blueprints from null or roll wormholes?

And that’s ignoring the Gnosis.

People fly all of these and they use Geckos. If CONCORD ships prove useful (jury is still out) then they’ll get flown.

1 Like

I don’t use anything I can’t readily replace. This includes faction/officer equipment/implants.

The feeling is, if it gets nuked. And I can’t replace it (due to items not being sold). Then the overall Spec is gimped. – Because those Faction/Officer mods probably allowed me to fit more than I could normally with just T2.

I still have all my ‘one time event’ ships…all tucked away in the hanger :stuck_out_tongue:

OK…I can accept it’s not BPO…But could you people pack some more runs on it? Only 1 run seems not worth the effort.

Some people do this, others don’t. There’s enough people who either sell the ships for ISK or don’t care if they get popped that the vast majority of this stuff is readily replaceable. It’s just very expensive.

The car example is backwards.
Actually you go to a dealer that for 35k (aka 35 hours ) promises you a Corvette (the BPO), just to find out at home you spent 35k on a Clio that run once… from dealer to home, then you threw it away.
THAT is the issue.
Because NOBODY will spend that amount of time on this…so lets “lie a bit” and blame the backend code.

It is false advertising, no matter how you put it (oh, the history of BPO in eve crap, and coding crap etc).

The backed coding is a cover-up story… you expect them to admit…“yes we fool you into this, sorry”.
It is a mater to point the code to a different picture (to put it simplistic)
I work in the gaming industry, all companies do this ■■■■ at some point… not proud of it.
CCP is no different.

One thing is to get enthusiasts into Exoplanets for fun and another to lure more based on false reward.

ps.
CCP find your planets yourself :slight_smile:

Pretty much this. Thinking they were BPO’s is the reason I wasted so much time on PD in the first place, and why I immediately stopped once I ended up with a 1 run pacifier BPC for my wasted effort.

Same here, only I had everything set up, spent millions of ISK (scraped together the hard alpha way) on the stuff to build me a couple of those, set up shop in the system of choice, carefully selected, bought and fitted a hauler just for the purpose, and ground my way to 50…

Took me weeks, so yeah, call me ignorant of game mechanics, but you can hopefully imagine my eh…surprise…

great game though

(PS, how hard can it be to code some kind of notification when someone clicks the icon in the reward list…)

i dunno how people can do project discovery at all looks like same scientific picture to me each one i do lol

Why would you want to do something in a game that isnt enjoyable to do in the first place?

I didn’t mess with this at all, so I wasn’t paying attention to the prizes or particularly care, so I have to ask…did CCP at least make a statement after this went live that it was, in fact, a 1 run BPC and not a BPO? If not, I have to side with the people complaining. If CCP did release something in patch notes or on the forums, then it’s on the players. TBH, CCP should remove all T2 BPOs from the game if they’re not going to make them available to everyone.

Pity, was really good at it too, 99% accuracy at lvl 50…

Mmm, maybe apply for a job at NASA…