Proving of Kybernauts for Glorification in the Flow Unfolds

oh well, it gets already deployed tomorrow :open_mouth:

1 Like

Ohh just saw that extended DT post… f

@CSM: I now know whatever you discuss with CCP is under NDA, but please keep doing your best! I know you can!

@CCP it is not too late to undo the removeal of proving gate if you have already done so! You can still remove these few lines from the Code. Its not too late. I know you have read all the posts, and none has a good reason against keeping old arenas!
Let me be clear again what we want, you can bring the new arenas and filaments, but do not touch the existing arenas at the end of a pve run. Many people want to keep it, and it is completely different and independent from new content.

We will see the results of all our efforts tomorrow in the patch notes already as far it looks now…

4 Likes

In the patch notes, there is nothing about the proving gates, looks good

Nearly 2 years old content removed for no good reason.

• more then 11809 fight up to this day. (only ship lost, pods excluded)
  • more then 9 187 784 147 959 ISK in ship destroyed up to this day.
  • must be more like 20T+ with a good estimated and pods.
  • Equivalent of more then 300k US DOLLARS of ship destroyed in that content.
  • no equivalent replacement
  • 1 vs 1 is dead since they need those NPC to filter fits.

reference from my database at : https://abysra.com

And you forgot the patch note! …

4 Likes

10 years old content become history in this game… 1.2 million fight up… smashed 60 trillion isk. A decade …peoples heart and mind beat there . Tormendous amount of energy time and effort. Eve is one of the best game i have ever seen put EGO into trial.
Just celebrate it and look into future …
I can understand you want your voice heard here also stand up for all others who are missing this content…
Do you know that this is the point where what you stand up and what i stand up for differs ?
You NEED CCP gives that ground and instanced setup back to you like baby need milk to survive. You bounded to what they serve to you.

And all i need is just community. :slight_smile: and it can be build by us ! Truly … only by support and awareness of the players. Truly power of community. Created and sourced by community. Born in the heart of community…

Now all you need is use this abbysal communitys power to get your milk back. But just by learning from history… CCP havent interfere to or stop anything about derailing a decade history which created far more content than yours… but your content created by CCPs own hands…So your community … so you lucky …

What would it take to rebuild our feature?

• From what I have heard you reworked it. But what is the rework?
  • And why you took that LITTLE shortcut to make your new feature and remove us a GREAT content? ( Greatest 1vs1 fight of all EVE-online )
  • You could have make a great job by keeping both and have 100% people pleased.
5 Likes

So I just did an Abyssal today in hope to get a proving gate, and see there, no gate. I knew that there was a Dev blog on that. But there was nothing in patch notes.

I wanna know: Why did you remove proving conduits, and why did you not tell us in patch notes?

Any why you didnt listen to players, who wanted to keep that?
There was no reason to remove proving gates at all!!!

3 Likes

Nearly 2 years old content removed for no good reason.

• more then 11809 fight up to this day. (only ship lost, pods excluded)
  • more then 9 187 784 147 959 ISK in ship destroyed up to this day.
  • must be more like 20T+ with a good estimated and pods.
  • Equivalent of more then 300k US DOLLARS of ship destroyed in that content.
  • no equivalent replacement
  • 1 vs 1 is dead since they need those NPC to filter fits.

reference from my database at : https://abysra.com

And you forgot the patch note! …

What would it take to rebuild our feature?

• From what I have heard you reworked it. But what is the rework?
  • And why you took that LITTLE shortcut to make your new feature and remove us a GREAT content? ( Greatest 1vs1 fight of all EVE-online )
  • You could have make a great job by keeping both and have 100% people pleased.
4 Likes

Starting next month with the launch of EVE’s third quadrant, the old Abyssal Proving Grounds feature will be replaced.

They announced it quite clearly in the Dev Blog. Yes, they should have followed up with a shutdown notice in the patch notes to confirm they are now offline, but this was very clearly communicated ahead of time.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was an equivalent replacement. I strictly added the Dev Blog details to clarify that they were very specific that it would be removed in this patch.

And most of abyssal PVP player won’t run those filament.

• LS people will be interested in those, not us.

My last Highlight if people want to compare, a fight just before the downtime today : https://abysra.com/twitch/679380619/

And yeah, we are way ahead of CCP, ranking site with right of linking highlights/video to our own fights.

1 Like

Highlight of awesome 1v1 fights in the great old proving ground!

I don’t think we will get anything similar in the future of abyss PVP. The NPC pocket is absolutely needed to filter some fits like high speed dampeners celestis. The greatest 1v1 of all Eve-Online removed! :frowning:

3 Likes

I add some too XD

All some epic fights showing a variety of different ship fits and tactics…

I wish that we could get apermanent 1v1 filament in the future that allows any cruiser sized ship to enter, but without Sensor damps, Tracking distruptors and guidance distruptors

4 Likes

+1 for rebuild old proving

3 Likes

Each to their own i suppose, but these are some of the worst eve videos I have seen. Its always the same - two guys just flaying away at each other. The one’s where they are sitting nose to nose are especially “riveting” :roll_eyes:. Like watching paint dry. These Eve one v. one matches just underline that eve is really a rock v. paper v. scissor game. Sure, these guys have some skill at the margins but this is nothing like what happens in the wild. In short, this is eve pvp at its worst. Glad the old arena is gone, hope the new one dies too.

2 Likes

Then you must be blind.

• each fight i’ve link could have been won by opposite side.
  • you are writting from an alt. :slight_smile:

It won’t ever replace real space PVP, but those bling 1v1 fight gave some good feelings :stuck_out_tongue:

• especialy few against many, the good feeling of kicking ass at ratio of 1:3+

Back to the main subject, new content are thrown to garbage ships, no feelings, so I’m 100% back to sandbox :slight_smile:

So?
every one of those fights is the same. they circle each other or they go toe to toe or sometimes they circle each other and then go toe to toe. buttons are mashed. nothing seems to happen for a while then some one dies. Sure they are good at module control. Maybe there is some decent flying. But as CCP itself pointed out - most of the fights are predicted by which ship and fitting you take into the arena. If they happen to take similar ships and fittings then you get some twitchy results that may reflect on the pilots skill - but ultimately it is still boring as hell. What makes eve exciting is the open world - the idea that you are in a fight where you think you are going to win but it can turn on you in a second. The arenas suck the soul out of eve and reduce the pvp to its most basic elements where its 90% preordained by what you bring to the fight in the first instance. There is no randomness, there is no possibility of shenanigans, its just the worst of eve. I’m glad you enjoy it, but there is no great outcry from the majority of eve players because it represented everything that eve isnt. Glad its dead.

1 Like

:slight_smile: i just would like to give you favour and something to please your enthusiasm around quality fights :slight_smile: piloting skills which is prevail self layer by layer roll to 56 sec vexor vs celestis … Roll down the page near by the beautifull executioner :slight_smile:

https://www.eternalwar.org?wix-vod-video-id=85ca81e4280b44a2963c05fe604a462a&wix-vod-comp-id=comp-k50ce4ov2

he is not Blind :rofl: you just dont know how much deep ocean PvP is . And @Ocean_Ormand has a taste about Good Fights

if one side dont know what he is doing each fight can be won by opposit side :slight_smile:

thats none of your business i didnt understand why you need to state that . but whoever his main is … :slight_smile: HE ABSOLUTELY knows what he is saying and what he is doing … Lots of respect @Ocean_Ormand

well agree… thats what im trying to tell from the first day… but its difficult to explain this to people who makes these kind of sentences

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

Now you know it… o7

Nice videos. Much more interesting then anything that was posted in this thread.

3 Likes

Calling T1 line ships GARBAGE?!
Really ?

Show some respect!!!

You are showing an attitude kinda only respect things if they are expensive !
we can clearly see what are you worshiping here … and not a nice view

T1 ships are the elders … really… you dont have to like them but show some respect …

garbage…

Most of those expensive ships used by pilots to compansate their lack of knowledge understandign and piloting skills…

Then a garmur Pilot dies to my 1,6 skill point alt pilot in a scram kite fitted kestrel …
This is end of getting in to these expensive hulls without understanding T1 lines fittings, mechanics. manuel piloting skills and countless other important aspects of pvp …
And this is coming from someone who find that extremely dull fight awsome ???

1 Like