Proving of Kybernauts for Glorification in the Flow Unfolds

I assume that you are being sarcastic (dammit we need a sarcasm font)

Eyes and engagement and an easily definable hook may bring players into the game. Simple as that.

m

Agreed and I am workign on that aspect as well.

As a player and as a CSM

m

1 Like

:red_circle:

That is garbage. This stream stuff does not portray EVE at all. People will expect all thing to be like that and leave when it is not. This is how every big story about EVE’s huge fights have drawn in people and they left instantly when they noticed that EVE is not at all like this.

No, I am not sarcastic. IT is a dumb argument. Completely idiotic. And it coming from you frustrates me. All you draw in are people that only like that stuff and you have to be very lucky if they stay at all. You do not create a sustainable draw of new people with this rubbish at all. And the people that you draw are the completely wrong type for EVE. They expect instant gratification, action and fun, while EVE is not about that. Following this trend just warps EVE away from what it is about… It warps it just like the garbage Macro Transactions business that this muppet Hillmar forced onto EVE.

16 Likes

but he have also the verry valid point the npe and therefore the Carreeragents Missions and the Soe Epic arc needs overhauling… we might need new X-Ray pictures for this^^ im ean realy… CCP promised NPE 2.0 3.0 and so on and overhauling the whole gamestart and we (or better they the new players) got nothing!

You have to realize that all of CCP isn’t working on the same thing at the same time. They can have one team of devs working on this, and another team of devs working on the NPE.

Just because they’re pushing this out does not mean they plan on neglecting the NPE.

2 Likes

You really need to think that one over again.

3 Likes

You can not possibly be this daft.

5 Likes

Not convinced that the cost/benefit ratio in regards to dev time for this addition will end up being worth it. Perhaps it was low hanging fruit in terms of development resources, but wouldn’t it have been better to spend it on improving an already existing EVE feature like FW? Guess it helps silence those complaining that 1 vs 1 combat is impossible in EVE, while also adding another mode for expanding stream exposure to the masses as a form of advertisement. Still, I never saw any groundswell or large support for this new feature on Reddit or these boards.

Another case were a select few get what they want; the rest will have to wait for improvements. Sure would like to see the data and thought process that drove this idea to finish.

2 Likes

i cant hear it anymore its now years ago CCP Ghost was on stage of Fanfest…

and CCP often calls thei first few hours in the game bla bla bla are important bla bla bla…

you can take the chatlogs of helpchats from a week and get the same questions the same problems every week…

CCP developed since them a new Faction, Abyssal Deadspace, New Shipline, itterated Invasions into Chapter 3 and is now into pvp Areanas… but there is no devtime left to streamline that karreeragents(even a renaming to “Advanced Tutorial” and a clear mission ways would be hekping stop asking the questions and confusing the new players who think the choose a eve carreer like in other mmo^^

you still get navitas in missions instead of ventures… you get logistic frigates instead of scan frigs in exploration agent mission, you dont get fittings you dont get fitting examples, and you go out to Dagan with a not suitable destroyer not able to kill him and flying arround 52 mission trugh a universe who is now starting do be disrupted by invasions

its not a lot of devtime or large changes who is needet its just a little bit of work… yes it will cost little bit of money… but how many money do it takes to pay the GM who pamper the new players in startersystems and give them fittet ventures ans skins for free? i bet a lot more as going over this aged missions

5 Likes

Eve online is developing in the wrong direction. CCP has no more ideas (.

5 Likes

I protest on this point. I have a friend that started eve online after seeing solo dread videos of lasker emmanuel. 2 years later he still doesn’t fly a dread but plays eve almost every day.

2 Likes

Just a wee tip:

CCP have been investing a great deal of time into the first few hours in game. Not just the NPE, but everything. And they’ve seen significant positive results from it.

5 Likes

YES, but! This is not the topic for it.

Go start another thread if you want to talk about it. This is specific for the new proving grounds.

Finally an actual pvp feature in eve?

Nah, I don’t buy it.

Guess my only question is how CCP will screw this up.

4 Likes

I’ll just go and take the additional time to get out to a FW plex from wherever I am (Am I in High? Deep Null? A wormhole? Who knows?), oh, wait, I’m out of time.

Things don’t need to be fair. Not at all. And these aren’t forcing everything to be fair. If you want to try and stack things in your favour, you can roam. What these are are different. That was my point.

How often are people roaming looking for people doing PvE? Because this won’t touch that at all. Which means there will be other groups roaming. And defence fleets.

dont lie to yourself ccp have stopped going over the progess in making all starter contend new years ago . come in helpchat and see what is happen every day… make the carreer missions… the tutorial vods was removed silently from helpmenu… the how to scan with probes i link almost every day… the new player think they choose a industriy ort military carreer with the carreer agents… the community fittings are outdated bevor they even be finished for every shipclass… the players make ther owne fitting channels and even they are outdated. the players dont get any fittings with the ships… the wrong ships for the mission… no clear step by step witch agent first
every day they are questions how to move 2 shuttles from a a to b because the warning pops up about cargp space and no one got an good fitted industrial with the space… exploration starts with the first question where is the sensor overlay and the players get as (wrong) answer the probe scanner window… they have no clue how to load probes how to scan in 3d space… how to retract probes… this goes on and on and on since YEARS

i did this every day in german helphat but i am tired, Darkblad made Shildwall who is linked also almost every day in the chat… oh and just for the fun… there are no mods in german helpchat since years… and the motd is from Jan…

CCP have a big problem AFTER the NPE since years now and dond adress it… there is more in eve as only the first 4 hours… its the following 4hours the next day and the next 4h after this… but no one cares

5 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine
“We have also received quite a few requests from players who would like to compete…”

so for a few requests ccp jumps into it. did you do that too, if we request a deletion of the dot?

i would love to have an update called bugfixing and other important things.

10 Likes

omg …omg …omg, i cant express what I’m thinking about it in english
so lets just post a sad sad music in Portuguese

"Saudade, palavra triste quando se perde um grande amor
Na estrada longa da vida eu vou chorando a minha dor
Igual uma borboleta vagando triste por sobre a flor
Seu nome sempre em meus lábios irei chamando por onde for
Você nem sequer se lembra de ouvir a voz deste sofredor
Que implora por teus carinhos, só um pouquinho do seu amor

Meu primeiro amor tão cedo acabou
Só a dor deixou neste peito meu
Meu primeiro amor foi como uma flor
Que desabrochou e logo morreu

Nesta solidão sem ter alegria
O que me alivia são meus tristes ais
São prantos de dor que dos olhos caem
É porque bem sei quem eu tanto amei não verei jamais"

1 Like

Here’s the thing. Until very very recently, I’ve seen far more than you have about what CCP are doing.

You are wrong.

2 Likes

:red_circle:

That is naive, wrong and it contradicts your own statements. Roaming is not instant action, roaming requires time and effort. People who engage in Arenas do not want that and would not need to roam anymore to find action. They would not even have to Needlejack anymore to get close to action (which is bad enough as it is), they can just undock, go into the PG, fight and log off again. This will impact a lot of thing around roaming for the worse.

3 Likes