Proving of Kybernauts for Glorification in the Flow Unfolds

Am I reading this right? The “rewards” for being in the top 100 will be a soulbound skin?

2 Likes

Nope.

Because people looking for people doing PvE aren’t looking for ‘a fair fight’ like they would find in the arena.

That’s the point.

2 Likes

:red_circle:

That is not the point. The point is that these people are being taken away from all people looking for fights in space. Instead, they are all funneled into a secure environment where no one can engage with them besides the contestants.

You are wrong.

7 Likes

Read the thread.

pvpers: We want more access to pvp.
CCP: Here’s pvp filaments. Instant action, boys. pvp on demand! Everything you wanted so hard from our old filaments!
pvpers: (inhale) WHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!

Of course, if the target has guns and not mining lasers, it isn’t fair, bawwwwww.

I’m called a carebear, and I like that for my occasional whelp in-between chasing roamers who filament away all the time, and yet, it’s leet pvp crowd who seem to be chickens about it.

Shame on you, hypocrites.

10 Likes

well this might be trugh but out of closed testservers or shiney dev presentations there is nothing on TQ

and its since years… no mods in helpchannels but GM who talk to new players in convo… well spend time

i see you will not get the point and you might also be not that close to new players as i am… or better… was… because its now years of fighting ageinst windmills and its just tiring

O.o

I somewhat can understand not improving NPE cause of bad management or lack of resources.

But damn, who thought it would be a good idea to remove tutorial vods that had already been recorded? Didn’t know they removed them, but I remember them, especially the probe scanning one, being useful in helping newbies understand the non-intuitive UI. Sometimes, I feel like CCP development is really just a shitshow.

it is linked in helpchat almost every day since it is also on YT

its little bit outdated but better as nothing

there was no announcement nothing in patchnotes no discussion no replacement… oh and it is gone now long ago

I for one absolutely welcome this easy access to pvp so thank you to all the developers and CCP !!!
My time is limited and i have always missed an option in EvE to just join pvp like many other mmo’s have.

My only request is to have a frequent option for 1vs1, 2vs2 or ffa option since getting together more friends kinda negates the easy access again.

P.S. I cant believe so many negative people are whining about this little part in ‘their’ sandbox. If you dont want to engage in this content then simply dont !!

4 Likes

It isn’t in the sandbox. That is exactly the problem.

3 Likes

But that is an reaction the same like the media industry who think that all downloaders of their content would have bought their crap anyway.

I wont be taken away from anyone because i dont care to roam around or anything. I only pvp in my own wh and that is it.

So my point is not everyone who would use this new content filemants would have been your target otherwise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Instanced pvp CCP get your sh*t together…

1 Like

I’m afraid of the unforseen consequences of adding such an instanced instant pvp action arena for the rest of the EVE universe.

I’ve seen it happen in World of Warcraft where instanced battlegrounds reduced the amount of fights happening in the game world outside those battlegrounds. I’ve seen it happen in Runescape where the ‘duel anywhere’ option was the final straw for the fun fights at the duel arena.

Additions like these are not just nice additions. They also take something away.

In EVE I’m afraid it might take part of the liveliness out of the rest of the universe when the people who are looking for 1v1 fights aren’t encouraged to participate in that universe anymore.

6 Likes

We need instanced mining arenas.

6 Likes

This is going to be great and I am looking forward to getting my hands on some of those skins. I just need to learn how to PvP.

■■■■.

6 Likes

to be honest it is linked to the sandbox via destruction of ships who needs to be mined and build, hauled and tradet…

if CCP is carefully it give the instant fun button a lot of players search with grups like Bombers Bar and Stille Gewalt Spectra and so on… the big question will be how big is the impact on the sandbox?

are the roaming fleets the hunters and hotdropper dying because the have more fun in the Arena?
if it attrackts players who can only be online for few hours but pay plex and subs… well why not… this players would not go out and roam and fight this week and loose ships and have fun… maybee grind für 6month lvl4 and mine till the get bored of the game and leave… so this might be a chance

CCP say the filaments will be restricted in time and shipclas for every event… this sounds ok for me to not take away every pvp out there and give players the opportunity to think abput new fittings for new ships for next season and even small scale fleet setups… i realy think this will give eve a new drive

Problem realy is… CCP should dont forgett Eve as a whole Universe is a Sandbox with other Problems needet Balancings and Rework of old features… if they dont forgett about and spend also Devtime there all will have a reason to be in New Eden

4 Likes

Use lots of purple, Brisc.

A future patch will remove steps one and four…

–Gadget wonders if EvE will become a MOBA?

I share this concern, for certain - but some of that fear is allayed by the details of the feature:

Only specific ships will be able to go in at any time, starting with a small selection of t1 cruisers for the first event and ONE TYPE of frigate in the second one.

As long as the options are made limited, people won’t be stopping roaming in other ships - and any event that WOULD allow more powerful ships (faction, tech II, III, etc) would also be only short-time events.

1 Like

lies
stay 5 minutes inside a low sec plex and pvp come to you

3 Likes