Proving of Kybernauts for Glorification in the Flow Unfolds

Usually in the form of a Loki.

lokis cant join most of them :smiley:

1 Like

Exactly, i’m mostly excited about the use of formats which will more or less guarantee fights with the same number of players and shiptypes

Okay, I’m seeing a lot of complaining here, so since I’ve read this article like 15 times, let me point a few things out.

1. These are limited time events. They’re going to last three days to ten days at most, often less than a week. They aren’t going to stop people from roaming, any more than needlejack filaments stopped people from roaming. It’s just something else for folks to do. 2 v 2, 5 vs 5 - this is very small scale stuff. It’s not like they’re doing Fortnite battle royales (although that would be kind of cool), and the limited ship types will mean this is something folks specifically do because they want that content, not because it’s easier than something else.

2. We’ve already had instanced stuff in the game since the abyssal PvP room last year. Did that kill roaming? No. In fact, almost nobody did the stuff. So if given the choice, folks preferred traditional PvP rather than the rooms - I did the PvP room twice and never did it again. Losing a 3 bil+ blinged out PvE ship was tough. I can throw 20 mill Trashers out the window all day long.

3. The rewards aren’t just the skins - there’s a cache in there with filaments (which you can sell), other Trig loot (which you can sell), and the stuff from other players you beat (which you can sell). And if some dummy decides to bling out his Cormorant and you kill him, you just hit the jackpot.

4. NOBODY IS SAFE HERE. While you’re sitting in the queue, you’re in space and you’re attackable. When you get out of the queue, you’re in space and you’re attackable. While you’re in the arena, you’re fighting. There is nothing “safe” about this mechanic. It’s PvP. Nobody is going to be able to do this stuff and be 100% sure they don’t die.

5. Leaderboards FINALLY that aren’t just zkill. This is a good thing. This stuff drives competition and will make people want to do these things. That’s a great thing.

6. Just because there are other things that need fixing doesn’t mean we don’t need new content to get people doing different stuff. The team that worked on this has nothing to do with the red dot or ship balancing, so stop with that nonsense.

Try the filaments on sisi. See if you like them. If you do? Great, new content. If you don’t? Don’t do it.

16 Likes

3-10days is not long enough i think shout be also a predictable timespan every time… i would say every month

TL:DR
Only positive and supporting messages allowed in here.

4 Likes

i think give it a try and see what will happen

Hey, once you’ve tried it if you don’t like it, then complain all you want.

2 Likes

In the past few months I’ve started new characters and done Minmatar, Amarr, and Gallente career missions. The above is not true - career agents give you ventures and scan frigs.

1 Like

Brisc thats not how free speech works pay little bit more respect pls

1 Like

What? Needlejacks are supposed to be limited time events, this was supposed to be permanent?

Ok, I got my answer how CCP is going to screw this up.
You had one job, CCP!

1 Like

See if you like them. If you don’t? Don’t do it.

This was what you said to people complaining.

So no, you really only want positive and supporting posts.

2 Likes

Needlejacks were limited time, but they were so popular they became permanent.

If these prove to be popular, I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up becoming permanent, too.

3 Likes

Not sure how I was being disrespectful, but ok.

1 Like

I think it’s absurd for folks to be complaining about a feature before they’ve tried it, yes.

1 Like

you did it not with open eyes… you get the first venture at the end of the tutorial and even in mining carreer not at the start, and the scanfrig at the ende of the exploration carreer starting with a not suitable ship for the job

oh and all days new players stuggle to mine Tritanium… because the German Missiondesription is garbage and the first mission you have to mine on the mission spot is also a problem… they often try to mine even after this again tritanium and not celdspar because the mission dialog on the left side is gone after you activate the mission… and and and

you and I can manage this missions with our knowwlege without problems… but sit a week in helpchats and just collect where tey allways struggle and you will find it.

It seems like you are replacing this “old” proving conduit with something no where even close to what it is currently. Another thing being taken away from solo players that don’t want to be in fleets or small groups to “win”. There was a million ways to change the current proving grounds to make it better and instead you are “replacing” it with something not even similar. I see no reason why CCP couldn’t have made this its own idea or concept to co-exist with the existing proving grounds this “new proving grounds” has nothing to do with abyssals at all now that you removed the abyssals from it it’s just a filament taking you into an arena its got squat to do with abyssals or what the proving grounds even is. One of the last solo things left in this game even still with the possibility of getting 1000000v1d outside your trace and ganked and you replace it with this crap sad times. Point is I don’t understand why this wouldn’t be introduced as something totally different and new instead of a replacement for something not even similar to it.

2 Likes

So in your world, a person cannot formulate on opinion on something before trying it out? How you also tried out all drugs to figure out which ones are good for you?

A person can have an opinion on something based on the knowledge given at that moment. Obviously, an opinion can change. Seems like you think that peoples opinions cannot change once they’ve tried out the added feature.

Some of the initial venting seems perfectly valid in my view.

2 Likes

there is realy the big Question will it Change the Sandbox to somehting else… and CCP must be realy carefull at this point to not kill New Eden

there are lot of restrictions in the stuff who might help

What i learn in so many years playing this game is that… some people will hate anything CCP do. and some other people will love it.
It is just the way this game is.

So stop complain ! Grab a T1 cruiser and meet ya there.

PS, bling it !

PEACE ! :skull:

4 Likes