PvE Ferox?

So I’ve been using the Naga as my PvE build, poof in, snip everyone and jump out. And that works up to about L2 but because of the Naga’s low low shields anything higher is hard to solo so I’ve been thinking about making something more brawl-y type and the Ferox looks like it’d be good for that and was wondering what kinda build would be good for L3 security running. Preferably with blasters, sitting far away and sniping with rails is fun, but get’s boring after a while

For L3’s just use a Drake. Warp in, drop an MTU, orbit the MTU, spam missiles everywhere, win…

1 Like

I’ve seen people suggesting the drake but I’d rather use something else. Missiles aren’t really my thing

Well sorry, but I can’t help you there. I don’t do guns. Missiles are PVE easy mode. No range or tracking to deal with, and they never miss…

1 Like

For a bit more skills and investment y can fly a battleship, Wich will make lv3 easy enough. bcruisers are better at fleets.

Yeah, no where near being able to afford a battleship atm. I’m a very casual play so that’s a long way off

Battleships are complete overkill for L3’s and way too slow…

1 Like

Send me an ingame mail, and I can help you better at fittings and pointing you to some activities when I’m online.

1 Like

If you want to mission with hybrids you are honestly better off looking to some of the Gallente hulls… they are better set up for gunning things down and using drones on what is getting under the guns. If you insist on attempting to use a Ferox you can try something along these lines.

Bad Ferox Fit

[Ferox, 200mm Rails / Stable LSB II]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Large Shield Booster II
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Shield Boost Amplifier I

200mm Prototype Gauss Gun
[Empty High slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hornet II x5

Antimatter Charge M x5000
Lead Charge M x2000
Uranium Charge M x2000

Slow though without dual prop and less than stellar accuracy without being able to spend mids on painters or tracking computers. Be prepared to spend a long time burning away from things to reduce transversal. Seriously Gallente does a better job at actually mission running with gun fits.

2 Likes

All my skills have been into Caldari so I couldn’t use any gallente ships right now anways. And would blasters be a better alternative? Get up close and personal and all that.

Bcruisers aren’t good brawlers I think. Hitting from far would be a better approach for them.

Both Caldari and Gallente are simply reliant on hybrid guns. Blasters are the close in option, rails are the long range option. Both sides can use both options depending on what they are attempting to do. Caldari generally favor long range for everything. Gallente can go either way. It isn’t a hard and fast you must use blasters with Gallente vessels.

Though the other option you could consider using would be a Gnosis. That gives you a reasonably effective gun platform that also has decent drones. They are just really sluggish on grid. Reasonably fast at aligning though. And a good amount of both mid and low slots. So you can opt for a tank on either and then slot utility in the other.

You could try something like this (T1 if you can’t use T2 should be fine):

Ferox for L3s

[Ferox, L3 Missions]

Power Diagnostic System II

Large Shield Extender II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
Large Shield Extender II
Stasis Webifier II

250mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
[Empty High slot]

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Hobgoblin II x5

It is tight on power grid (dropping down to 200mm guns will free up pwr grid if it’s an issue), but with the MWD & web anything that gets too close shouldn’t give you issues as you’ll be able to pull range and put it down. You don’t mention where you’re missioning (vs what rats) so the tank is ‘generic’… (~60k ehp) you could switch out the invuln and a rig if you’re after a more rat specific tank, which is probably a good idea until you get used to it… I wouldn’t suggest using this vs blood raiders though. You could even give up application (tracking comp/web) for more hardeners, as there’s a lot of CPU free.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Considering I had to google what half that meant I think I need to learn more about this game before doing this kinda stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol, learn by doing! :smiley:

Fly dangerous!

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

This is my Ferox fit for pve: https://www.eveworkbench.com/fitting/ferox/c7baf522-66a5-4eac-9141-08d7a5bfb70f
It’s a rail fit but I’ve done it with blasters too and it works. You could load Javelins in there and it feels like a blaster boat too (with cooler soundfx imo). I would have to agree with others though and say gallente does blasters better (not that it really matters for pve…)

drake.

I’m pretty confident you could build a workable passive shield tank for level 3 missions on a Naga. Won’t hold a candle to the drake of course but level 3 missions tend not to have that high incoming DPS. You got mid slots out the wazoo, so would need an additional extender over the Drake but should be OK. You’d only likely get a single damage mod in your lows, though, and no hybrid rigs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.