Pve tips and tricks

So basically I am a newish player with a few questions that I would appreciate if you answered them. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1. What battlecruiser/ weapon system should I train into for L3’s?
  2. Some pve activities and reccomendations on best/most fun/most isk making. ( This would really help)
  3. General pve tips!
    I am also hoping (If this topic blows up) that I/ anyone else could refer new players to this.
    Sorry if I missed this info on a wiki or forum somewhere, I tried.
1 Like

Oh boy…that’s quite a bit of info you are asking for…lol.

To start this off…a Gnosis is a good all-around BC. I used that for everything until I got into a Praxis, then Rattlesnake. It’s all really up to your particular tastes in ships and weapon system types. I would suggest spending lots of time trying out different ships and weapons.

As for PvE activities…wow, where to start. What do you like so far? Me, I like combat, so I do L4 security missions, Emerging conduits and other anomalies. I mine once a month or so to build my own ammo, and stockpile, then do Empire navy missions to make faction ammo. (Some of which sells for tons of ISK)

I also spent months with the goal of simply raising all the empire standings. I’m currently above 5.0 with all the empires. That actually makes tons of ISK once you can do the Epic Arcs.

There’s so much to do…it’s tough to suggest stuff. Exploration/hacking, mining, mission running of all sorts, abyssal sites…the list goes on. Niche stuff like making a scanning ship just to hunt down abandoned drones, COSMOS (you’re probably not ready for that yet), static complexes…yeah, so many different things.

Only tips I can really give you…is try everything.

3 Likes

Sorry!
Thanks a ton tho

1 Like

Drake. Missions. Wormholes. Null rattling. Exploration. Profit.

Also Myrmidom.

Drake fit?

Drake for WH stuff (C3 or lower, unless you’ve got friends).

[Drake, WH PvE]

Ballistic Control System II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Ballistic Control System II

Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Large Shield Extender II
10MN Afterburner II
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile
Core Probe Launcher I, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Depending on skills/experience you can switch out a Shield Power Relay for more DPS (i.e. another BCS). Also depending on what lvl missions you’re running and/or where you’re null ratting this would probably run those too (switch out the amplifiers to match the rats dmg if running missions/ratting, for e.g.).

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Got mine set up as follows;

Caldari Navy Heavy Assault Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assoult Missile
Caldari Navy Heavy Assault Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assoult Missile
Small Tractor Beam I

Caldari Navy Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Caldari Navy EM Ward Field
Caldari Navy Thermal Dissipation Field
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay
Caldari Navy Shield Power Relay
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Medium Core Defence Field Purger II

I think it’s a pretty good level 4 mission runner, though i’ve just started playing about a week ago. Haven’t taken it out yet. First want to read up and educate my self a bit before i go out and do stupid stuff. It’s a great tank though,…

Rattlesnake maybe one of the ship that need the most skill point in highsec. tho, for new players, its also excellent ship.

It got role bonus as much as lv5 dominix with just lv 3 battleship skills. which is what new players should use. Just

Just bring one with sentry drones and LMJD, go to apakane and do lv4 SoE missions.

How to play: This Rattlesnake gonna want to jump around with LMJD, shoot stuff from 90km away with warden. Without getting any shot.

At Apanake, SoE will rarely gives Gurista opponent. The only faction that can touch this ship.

Quite cheap too, a hull with just T1 modules will get the job done. And just need couple of weeks to train into it. You can improve stuff as you skill up.

About the fitting, its all depend on your fitting skill. You might want to tinker a bit, this is EVE, tinker with ship fitting is fun. You gonna need sentry, and LMJD since its the core strategy. You gonna need to increase drone control range and lock range. Pick arbalest cruiser missile launcher, but it wont be your main damage dealer.

double Invuls for the only tank you need. you dont need shield booster, when a frigate or cruiser got you, pull the sentries and press the LMJD again. Those invuls just to buy the time needed for LMJD cooldown.

You might want to add some PWG and CPU modules depend on your fitting skill.

Quite cheap and efficient as new player, since you doesnt need to over commit months and months skill training to fly marauder to wipe clean a LV4 in Apanake.

HAM without prop mod is suicide by boringness.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.