PvP for Beginners

I was in your same boat when I returned. I learned about FW and decided to join. TBH, it has been the best experience of my EVE time so far. Many folks say that the mechanics are broken; that may or may not be, but you can certainly use FW as a jumping off point to get familiar and comfortable in dangerous space.

1 Like

Morlekk Xariun, do not let them dissuade you!

I just stick an imaginary flag in the imaginary ground. “This is my system now”. I rat, I mine, and if you come in trying to do the same, I’ll try and kill you. Some people say: PVP has no inherent reward, but blowing up another ratter or a hapless miner prevents him from taking the PVE rewards (tags, BPCs) from the system(s) you have chosen as your haunt.

So by PVP-ing, I secure my PVE and partial market rarity of said rewards. The reward is mostly in the absence of others from my “home” and the satisfaction of the kill, not in what loot these people drop. Those are an added bonus.

Some people here are making lowsec sound much worse then it actually is. Or perhaps my neck of the woods happens to be a snoozefest. The only camp I saw this week failed to catch me as they had no webs. If I asked nicely and brought webs, I’m pretty sure I would be allowed to join their fleet, ha ha.

The expensive tags? You can farm them yourself and your sec will go up faster then you can spend it on kills. Fleet PVP isn’t just about undocking and blapping if you fly with a crew that wants to be competent, instead of farming easy kills. You can scale gang warfare up to structure warfare, which just got a big boost in potential rewards with the Quantum Core update.

The primary reason to PVP is that being in fleet and on comms is a pleasant social experience much unlike the monotony of PVE grind. I don’t do it for ISK, I do it to keep myself sane and the happy colorful explosions.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.