Pyfa - The Python Fitting Assistant

Hello,

Currently running Pyfa v2.18.1. I’m trying to confirm how to save customized Abyssal modules correctly. I had saved some fits w/the modules added and modified, but when I started pyfa after a reboot today, the modules went back to their base “stock” versions so I had to change them back to abyssal and enter in all the data again. Is there a particular setting I need to check/un-check to make sure the abyssal mods stay on the fit w/the updated stats?

thanks.

1 Like

You are awesome! Stay healthy and happy holidays!!

1 Like

hello :), can someone explain me the difference between “Projected” and “Command” fits that can be added when simulating a ship ? or can you link me a post/wiki page explaining those options ?

1 Like

“Projected” is for things like logistics, or remote sensor boosters and ewar (neuts, scrams, damps, etc), things that project an effect onto another ship. WH effects can also be simulated under “Projected”. While “Command” is for fleet assistance modules, like Command Bursts, so the affects from these things will apply to the current ship, so any ‘fleet bonus’. Keep in mind that for ships to apply the bonus (or debuff, in the case of ewar) the ship showing here needs to have the module/s active.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

Surgical Strike update is out: Release v2.20.1 · pyfa-org/Pyfa · GitHub

edit: updated link, since v2.20.0 had a major issue which prevented users from fitting guns/launchers up to full amount a ship allows

Stats of abyssal mods should be saved when you close its stats window. Until then, you see just “preview” of these stats on your fit. This is needed to make undo/redo work efficiently (i.e. combine multiple changes of abyssal module stats into a single batch, so that you can undo them with one key press).

3 Likes

Sometimes I have to stick for some hours in an old 32bit computer. Then I can´t play EVE, but at least I could toy with fittings and such.

I saw some weeks ago that latests releases no longer supported 32bits, is there absolutely no way to run PYFA for me in that computer for me?

Realistic way would be running from source, but it takes some time and effort to set up an environment for it. Pyfa totally works on 32 bit, I am just avoiding 32 bits due to the fact that we use pyinstaller to make binary builds, and 32 bit executables generated by it are mis-detected as malware by multiple AV vendors, including major ones. You can read more about it here:

So, I am just avoiding suspicion and possible reputation loss for the project by not publishing 32 bit builds.

ps Setting up environment is not that hard. Install python 3.7, then cd to pyfa folder, and execute “python -m pip install -r requirements.txt”. After that you can run pyfa by executing “python pyfa.py”

2 Likes

Why was the redo command ctrl+shift+z changed to ctrl+y? This makes it much more annoying to compare changes to fits. It hurts my hand to keep fingers on all ctrl z and y. Please change it back or allow both.

11 days is a long time and due for a bump. Good things belong on the front page.

1 Like

I’m used to false positives from Microsoft Defender, but this is the first time Malwarebytes has flagged an issue - surprising since Pyfa hasn’t been updated in a while. Please investigate.

1 Like

I got the identical result this morning. Scary.

1 Like

New release today, which includes new EDENCOM ships: Release v2.22.0 · pyfa-org/Pyfa · GitHub

Seems like a false positive. Report it to malwarebytes, their algorithms seem to have changed.

See virustotal scans of the latest release:

Malwarebytes reports app’s exe, but this exe is generated by pyinstaller on appveyor hosted machine by our build scripts, and my hands do not touch anything. See this comment for further insight about build process. See pyinsaller issues on false positives to understand scale of the issue.

edit: Kovy Viliana from tweetfleet slack reported it to devs and it will be fixed next release: Spyware.PasswordStealer - File Detections - Malwarebytes Forums

Was quite a popular complaint, since most MS office apps use ctrl-y. Will add legacy binding as an option for next release.

3 Likes

It has now been fixed. pyfa v2.22.0 installed and running with no objection from Malwarebytes or Defender!

2 Likes

Any chance of getting a dark mode to suit my late night lab sessions?

I have a question: How do I get Pyfa to work on a Chromebook? Can I? Do I need to dual boot Linux to do it?

Currently cant update skills through SSO. Hit the refresh/fetch skills button and even skills I trained days ago do not get added/updated.

It does claim to have imported succesfully so doubt its authentication.

Don’t understand why max flight range 78.6 km skill all 5 and ingame show me 82 km without implants and booster

@Drakonaar the fit and/or implants you have in game must be different because the game wouldn’t even let you make such a fit otherwise with your CPU going over 100% like that.

@Archer_en_Tilavine

That image tells me nothing because I don’t know the exact modules you’re fitting, I only see their icons. You need to show me “save fit” dialog that tells the the exact fit details.