Radical improvement to mining: the audible alert module

Instead of whining about not being able to go AFK and gather resources…maybe you try the strategy they us in NS.

Instead of returning to your ad hominem strategy, maybe you should address the actual argument for once?

Nobody should be allowed to gather resources without incurring some degree of risk.

Strawman. There’s still risk but it’s fair risk. It’s exciting risk. It’s not AFK risk.

Well gee, who went AFK?

Again avoiding the argument.

No. It is perfectly fine game design for those who understand this game and what game balance means

Unsupported assertion and ad hominem.

If you had even the first clue what game design is, you’d know that enemies are supposed to fight back.

Oh, and we have a module that allows you to be AFK and safe with near perfection. It is called a cloaking device

Are you actually defending yet another way to kill people without the chance for them to retaliate? Yet attack this suggestion whilst repeatedly fail to produce a counterargument?

Probably the biggest lie since “We have proof Iraq has WMD”.

There are three which have yet to be contested.

1. Making mining vastly less boring.
  2. Making it so miners feel they weren’t destroyed arbitrarily.
  3. Making it so miners are much more likely to respond realistically during ganking attempts.

The mining profession is only in part gathering resources. Miners also have the very important function of providing targets for the roaming gangs or gankers. They are the baseline content, the bottom of the foodchain. They are not supposed to fight back, they are supposed to explode in order to start conflict.

The mining is dull on purpose so they get distracted and provide content. An AFK module would work against this fundamental truth and remove a main factor of conflict and content.

Like I said, if you play afk why do you log in at all? From my experience, the whole afk mining situation hurts eve almost more then anything else. New players get sucked into it without better knowledge and end up quiting out of boredom. In addition to that, it punishes anyone who isn’t brain dead and rewards people who use bots because no mater how much you max the yield your highsec Orca or delve Roqual, you just can’t outmine dronelands bots who profit from the afk aspect of mining.

1 Like

It wasn’t worth repeating. Miners mine to make ISK. Not to fixate on D Scan all day. Indeed, they go AFK to avoid the latter.

From my experience, the whole afk mining situation hurts eve almost more then anything else.

Did you quit then? Or are you pretending to speak for everyone else who did?

That you should not have a module that enhances the AFK or even semi-AFK acquisition or resources with reduced risk is a counter argument.

That you can’t see this is your problem and why nobody will support your position.

Seriously…what slot will this module take up? What is the rank of the skill to train it? What are the drawbacks of this module?

Wait I know:

Mid slot.
Rank 1.
None.

Right?

1 Like

32 Posts have been removed, for the same reason as the others. Still open.

~Buldath

The OP ask for an AFK-module which derives audible signals from d-scan, overview and the like.

What about a gank-support module that highlights an AFK miner, missioner or else?

If you’re in favour of the former you should be too of the latter

1 Like

^^ Doesn’t follow. Game design isn’t about symmetry of any two concepts you pluck at random.

PvP needs a major boost but let’s face it, on this forum, why would anyone make a suggestion?

It’s just incoherent. It’s like saying PI should never be quicker/easier to use, simply because it’s an AFK activity.

[and before anybody tries to derail the thread arguing against a PI buff, I don’t think it should be.]

This is exactly why there is no automation setup within the game.
The game does not automatically choose your target for you. That is your decision.
The game does not choose what minerals you wish to mine for. That is your decision.
The game does not make you choose to fly a tanked ship or a combat ship. That is your decision.
The game does not force you to sit in front of it. That is your decision.

So why should the game remind you about a warning that you have full ability to choose to pay attention to or ignore? It doesn’t follow.

Every (?) miner is AFK or semi-AFK and thus doesn’t have the full ability.

So don’t be AFK…

That assumption is why you fail to account for the actual gameplay.

That is a choice. If they don’t like the consequences of their choice then choose another option.

No need to re-invent the wheel here. There is already an AFK module. It’s called a Gist X-Type 500MN MWD, and it always finds those who are AFK. Just ask the poor bastages in this ice anom…

OP wants to mine afk with automatic warnings.

Hell. No.

That is a choice. If they don’t like the consequences of their choice then choose another option.

Irrelevant. This suggestion is not about consequences of AFK since you’ve failed to provide any evidence that AFK is a bad thing.

This suggestion is about making the game definitively better for miners, and arguably gankers too.

Keep assuming your module will make people less afk when it promotes it.

Thus we end this discussion where the OP is asking for a way to be more afk be built into the game to save the few who are afk rather than actually discuss the gameplay.

Pathetic accusation.

Even the title of the thread is generously called The AFK module.

But what it will mean is less AFK when it matters ie during ganks.