Rapidly declining players

But you’ll gladly spend $200 a month on Starbucks and $1,200 on the latest iPhone…

4 Likes

EVE appears to be in decline because there are literally thousands of online and mobile games out there now. That wasn’t the case in 2003…

2 Likes

“I Think”… (I love that line) :popcorn:

You have to be mature in mind/spirit (?) to do well at the game. I found no age limit as to young players who joined our corp with the mindset to succeed.

You forgot the lack of instant gratification.

2 Likes

‘Rapidly declining players’

And the number of players is declining too !

8 Likes

On a wkend, the numbers are still 20k+. Why I like the whale conspiracy theory.

1 Like

There are some great player shards you could look into. I also play on UO Outlands. Brand new landmass, but very much true to the UO spirit. Has PKs and thieves aplenty.

To me, EVE is that successor to what UO used to be. It is why I advocate so much for ganking and the redevelopment of low sec.

Most mobile games are turning into the idle format with the battlepass model.

I think MMOs may have a resurgence.

Sadly I heard even OW2 is gonna have a BP with BP locked characters. Its a sad panda day man.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, will check it out later.

Good post but due to the trolls it will be picked clean and ■■■■ out as trolls do. I recommend you save your money and just do alphas until you find a niche or loss interest. Not worth the wasted time or money at this time

1 Like

There it is

Dear CCP

EVE: Uprising Officially Announced but @ IgnisVestae
does not possess the sheer amount of patience needed to continue playing.

There’s so much to talk about, but I should stop now.

Kind regards,
some impatient pilot

2 Likes

I disagree.

I joined in 2008 and the game as well as the player base both grew exponentially for the next 4 years.

Personally I think the player base decline slowly started in 2012 and over time it picked up speed to where the player base is now, a pale shadow of it’s former glory…

8 Likes

If the game bores you then being a paid account isn’t going to help.

2 Likes

Yeah, I kinda have to agree with this, Eve is long-term investment slow-burn deep game. I grew to love it, but you should probably play something else at the same time, I definitely do :wink:

1 Like

With 20 dollars I can buy 40 cans of beer, which is at this point multiple times more entertaining than EVE

7 Likes

Wait, the title suggests the players are getting smaller, so all this talk of dwindling numbers is wildly off topic.

4 Likes

I always appreciate your truth.

And your guides LOL.

1 Like

Good pick up. I’m definitely declining.

1 Like

I feel more like reclining, myself

2 Likes

The bots handle the ore depositing into the station too. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Yes, because then fanboys and trolls can bash you for free, and CCP don’t need to read and respond.

1 Like

I read that as a typo too.
I guess he thinks we’re all layabouts. I can’t find the energy consider that offensive.

1 Like