Reply with a famous quote

HAKUNA MATATA

The lion king. :joy::joy::joy:

"In human stupidity, when it is not malicious, there is something very touching, even beautiful. . . . There always is.”

Leo Tolstoy

(found on evesearch as quoted by poster Xenuchrist)

There is nothing so funny as another person’s misfortune - Mahatma Ghandi

Aldous Huxley/Quotes

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him.

Maybe this world is another planet’s hell.

There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.

The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm.

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception.

The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.

The propagandist’s purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human.

1 Like

Jim Morrison took the name of the band The Doors from that quote.

Can’t think of a good quote ATM, other than this one: “I am what I am, and that’s all that I am.”
-Popeye
Sometimes you just have to think that way.

It’s the beauty within us that makes it possible for us to recognize the beauty around us. The question is not what you look at but what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

1 Like

“Chess holds its master in its own bonds, shackling the mind and brain so that the inner freedom of the very strongest must suffer” - Einstein

1 Like

“It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”

― Leonardo da Vinci

David Byrne/Quotes

Sometimes it’s a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence.

The true face of smoking is disease, death and horror - not the glamour and sophistication the pushers in the tobacco industry try to portray.

To shake your rump is to be environmentally aware.

Real beauty knocks you a little bit off kilter.

My favorite time of day is to get up and eat leftovers from dinner, especially spicy food.

Punk was defined by an attitude rather than a musical style.

I like to combine the dramatic emotional warmth of strings with the grooves and body business of drums and bass.

I never listen to the radio unless I rent a car.

To some extent I happily don’t know what I’m doing. I feel that it’s an artist’s responsibility to trust that.

It’s not always been a happy marriage. I guess I wanted a quick fix.

1 Like

“You have two ears and one mouth! Use them in that order”

Miko Jin
April 1st 2019

1 Like

The loveliest trick of the Devil is to persuade you that he
does not exist.
– ------------- ------ C.P. Beaudelaire, “The Generous Gambler”

1 Like

“CCP is like a ship,with a hole in the bottom,leaking water and my job is to get the ship pointed in the right direction.” - Hilmar Veigar Pétursson

1 Like

I make more friends with my gun than I do with my smile.

Who AM I? -

Ghandi?

1 Like

Al Capone??

Rocco Siffredi?

Francis “Two-Gun” Crowley?

• “What is it that a man may call the greatest things in life?”
  • “Hot water, good dentishtry and shoft lavatory paper.”

– Cohen the Barbarian

3 Likes

Rub me tender, rub me true
All my dreams fulfill
For my darling I rub you
And I always will
-My friend Kashiko-san singing Elvis Presley’s “Love Me Tender.” He didn’t have any practice pronouncing L and V sounds.
(No offense intended, I can jest a little because my Japanese things found some of the things I said in Japanese so hilarious that they’d break down laughing for full minutes. And I didn’t know yet what the joke was ).

2 Likes

“Indeed.”
-Teal’c, SG1

3 Likes