[RESOLVED] Issue with macOS clients not launching - 2023 March 14

So CCP putting the wrong date up on launcher window must give you Mac users a lot of confidence in them fixing the issue :dizzy_face:

My corp newbabies need me :sunny:
Hope they wonā€™t do anything foolish while Iā€™m gone!

1 Like

Same. Game is not working on Mac since today. Will wait for the fix

Same here. Waiting for a hotfix.

Itā€™s not going to launch until theyā€™ve re-built it, tested, and released it.

Not a 30 minute job,

1 Like

I have to admit it was my young son that said the date was wrong so i cant take credit for it lol

3 Likes

I am a new mac user and a new eve player and I am affected by this, I thought my game cache was broken so I reinstalled steam/eve, as I couldnā€™t tell if it was the game client or steam/macOS causing the issue as regular windows players logged in fine after the update. Very confusing for me, but I guess it is a learning experience.

It will be interesting if I start over with 100ISK and a corvette :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Eliza_Cyril

Always check the forums and/or Twitter first, before reinstalling. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wait for hotfix, developers are working on that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good advice, I will heed for the future, I had already began uninstalling steam/eve as I thought it was my own issue, the game launcher didnā€™t have a macos notification/warning until about 1.5 hours in. I will just log off and wait. No complaints from me, I am a new player so I didnā€™t think to check the forums.

1 Like

I use windows 11 and I have the same problemā€¦

ā€¦now that is awkward! Are you running Windows 11 on ARM?

Welcome to the MAC-fellowship!

4 Likes

YES, all complainersā€¦ amazing.

CCP has a wonderful native client that run ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  buttersmooth on mac, itā€™s beautiful please show some appreciationā€¦

5 Likes

Albeit the issue is PITA of course, I just congrats the CCP teams for reactivity, openness and communication management - rarely saw that in other games/editors from my humble point of view.
Hope it will be fixed soon of course - need making ISK for sure and each hour we canā€™t, thatā€™s a torture ā€¦

May Bob be with the CCP dev/fix team! :slight_smile: )

9 Likes

Yay!!

Give me another game that has such a wonderful Mac portā€¦ Itā€™s hands down the best game on mac

8 Likes

My M1 Mac Mini does great even in the biggest of tidi fights. Thank you for addressing the issue and for providing a great Mac experience overall.

7 Likes

Solved my problem. I remembered that my PC had ā€œturned overnightā€ and I restarted it. For some reason the s.o only started downloading the new version after this restart. Before even deleting the cache had not worked.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: