Returned to see what EVE is like

1 Like

I’ve decided just to make do with Alpha for the time being, the challenge of doing the content in Alpha builds has added a new dimension to the game for me.

A whole new range of ships now have real value and viability for me.

All my Omega builds will remain mothballed for now.

Just to reiterate, I wasn’t demanding that CCP bow to my wishes and immediately lower their pricing. I was just making it clear what my personal price point would be for re subscribing.

For every game there is a price point that will maximise the cash coming into the company. In my OPINION more cash could be generated by lowering the EVE price point > increased subs > more cash for CCP.

Also, IMO, they could generate more cash by offering discounts for returning players, As they ALREADY DID back in 2011.

This assumes that there is a market for CCP of people interested in EVE, yet unable to pay for a subscription. My guess is that CCP already has most of that market covered with Alpha clones and the possiblity to use Plex for subscription.

This small sub group of people -that’s interested in EVE, uninterested in Alpha and without enough play time to grind for a subscription ingame- may not be large enough to increase revenue when the prices for Omega are decreased.

So just another who doesn’t do what they say they are going to do. :white_check_mark:

HAHA correct, after 5 hours of EVE play I have rediscovered my sadistic side.

All my base are belong to me

HAHAHA

However, on this one occasion I will contract you over an item which I guarantee is not available under any contract or market presently in EVE, (that is not to say it’s worth very much)

It’s not that simple. Each new sub also has costs attached to it, as well. Server and customer service capacities need to be increased when the player base increases. And that needs to be calculated against the true increase in revenues from having more players. It could be very likely that by decreasing the cost of the subscription, CCP will increase the player base, but not by enough to offset both the lower cost of the subscription and the associated costs.

Chances are, they have it all modeled already. Do you really think they wouldn’t go for more profit if it was viable?

One thing I will say is that maybe they could create a third tier of subscription, somewhere between Alpha and Omega. Something that, for example, allows a player to play in the Omega state, without being able to train any new skills.

Your “opinion” accidentally coincides with your wish to pay less for the game. That’s quite the coincidence…

2 Likes

I don’t want any of your confusion-and-fibbing tainted things.

I do like interesting things not necessarily sold much, but you reveal much about your point of view when you assume folks are of course all about your isk.

I like to acquire things for my collection that are interesting regardless of their isk “value”.

Don’t need anything from you.

Also (*dramatic flourish):

That’ll learn ya

yeah but he is right , you cant expect that a country that earns much less than USA pay EXACTLY the same price (in US dollars ) for the plex, thats why there is few Brazilians in EVE and i never saw a Brazilian girl in the game EVER , the point about those who cant pay can be alpha and them plex is fine , but @Valhallas has merit to , if ccp begin to charge a lil less they probably get more players , eve was once described as a " glorified, space-themed chat room for the nerds who are what to nerds what nerds are to normal people ", thats why im here , im that big of a nerd , so i gave some of my hard earned money to ccp for a while , but most of my friends will never consider to waste one full Brazilian minimal wage a year to play , and look , Brazil is not that bad , you can put a LOT of countries in this ill never pay for this ■■■■ pack

If X company would sell their main product for a 1/3rd of the price they would surely sell more of it, who knew. But does it make sense to do so because they would also get a 1/3rd of the income per product.

Then going “look how smarts I am, I solved this economic problem on how a company could do better (ps, I’m not at all biased because I want to buy their product for less money)” is convincing no one, I would hope.

1 Like

i didn’t say nothing about 1/3
wow have a better price and make lots of money here
75 reais for one plex is expensive , i can buy like 3 bottles of honest wine with that
but f that , i have 5 months injected , just making a point

Hi, welcome back.

EVE costs me something between € 11.- to € 15.- a month. Depending on the subscription plan.

Where I work, right at the outer border of the exurban Stuttgart area, lunch is between € 9.- and € 15.-. Nothing special, just the usual convenience stuff.

So basically a monthly EVE subscription compares to a meal.

yeah but here 15 dollars is 75 reais , you can get a popular lunch for 6 reais , do you see how much more that is

edit:

plex 75 reais

ifood deliver in my home chicken , rice , beans , mayo salad 14 reais

edit: and thats bbk chicken , beans with pork and kale … not bad stuff , delicious meal

Such descriptions of the game have always amused me, because in my experience, most people I’ve interacted with in the game were barely capable of elementary school-level math and logic.

The reality is that this game, like most other games, acts as a reliable sample to represent the population as a whole.

Regional pricing has always been a sore point in games. Where it is available, it is usually exploited to the maximum possible degree by everyone.

For example, on Steam, regional pricing was unrestricted until about 2015. So we had a massive secondary game economy, with most games being purchased in the cheaper zones of the world, and then traded for various game currencies such as loot box keys. Valve decided to crack down on this, and now you can no longer activate games from other regions.

I suppose CCP could implement something similar, but that will necessitate the use and storage of real-life identities for any purchase made. Also, this would only be applicable to subscriptions, and not anything that can be traded. They probably don’t see a bunch of “poor third-worlders” as a good enough business opportunity to bother.

BINGO

i like my fellow USA and EU friends like the next man
and i know wow is shi$t , but blizzard manage to charge less than 4 dollars a month for wow here and there is A LOT of Brazilians in wow
just stating that eve IS expensive , ill keep playing till the bar is closed

edit:
AND brazil is the 6/7 economy in the WORLD , and like 6 in population , soooooooooo , just saying

edit2:
dont bother its just 200 MILION potential costumers , MEH

Bollocks. Of course you can.

1 Like

No, it is not. For you it is expensive, for me it is nothing.

If we all make everyhting cheaper for the “poor” ones, there will not ever be an incentive any more to better your situation. It is the unfortunate pitfall of Communism.

2 Likes

The reason why it doesn’t work in a globalized economy is even more ■■■■■■ up than that.

If you create some kind of subsidy on this scale, the rich people from first-world nations are going to come in in droves and buy up all the cheap first-rate goods for themselves until the prices equalize anyway.

The rich, well-suited bankers and brokers are always first in line for the free donut or coffee during promotion days. It’s almost uncanny.

I think they can do some form of regional pricing with direct subs, though. In fact, as far as I know, they do it on Steam already.

2 Likes

This analogy is not a good one for EVE online, remember that in EVE online the customers who use the service the most, are more likely to buy PLEX to buy game time rather than buy from CCP with cash.

That’s like a pizza shop where if you eat 100 pizzas a week they just start giving all the pizza free and charge the customers who only buy 5 pizzas a week thrice as much to make up for it. Bad analogy.

Citation needed.

1 Like