Returned to see what EVE is like

@Valhallas -Well, I wish you would stay…but if you have indeed decided not to play EvE, I would be very grateful for anything you would give me on your way out.

Sure thing , just name an item, if I have it , its yours

Your demands are honestly unreasonable.

You’re basically demanding you get a free account. Walking into the forums and demanding free stuff and phrasing it as “conditions” give the sense that you have an aura of entitlement that really irritates people.

This may not be your intent but this is how your current argument sounds:

1. I am special and I deserve free things.
  2. I do not care for others’ hard work and livelihoods AT ALL.
  3. Other things I aren’t paying for are cheaper anyway!
  4. I am so popular and my 120 contacts will all come running back if you meet MY conditions.

Did you ask for suggestions on how to achieve your goals? No. Had you come in saying something like:

“Hey guys, I used to love this game and want to play again but am financially strapped. Anyone have advice on how I could manage to plex an account while in Alpha-clone?
Also, I miss my friends and contacts so if you remember me, totally get in touch in game!”

… you’d have garnered a significantly more favorable reaction.

My suggestion: pay for a single account, do stuff to make isk to fund your second account. Or simply learn to enjoy a single account. If you stay in a single night a month, the cost pays for itself in savings.

5 Likes

Well it might have came across the wrong way, but it was meant as a suggestion to attract more paying players back to the game.

How many other 17 year old games are charging £10/ $15 a month subs?

You have to be realistic, I played for 6 years solid, got the Guristas tee shirt the lot, but eventually everyone gets bored, and the only way to keep players who are starting to lose interest is with a reduced sub. Some sort of loyalty scheme.

BTW - What item would you like?

Bollocks, ■■■■ off.

2 Likes

What other games provide better quality for fewer money exactly?

I’ve seen you writting it several times recently, but as far as I can tell your posts are lacking examples.

So, what are those games, of course that provide similar types of gameplay, at a lesser price for better quality?

2 Likes

Ok, thanks. Do you happen to have any dreadnoughts? Those seem interesting. Maybe freighter? I do like Amarr stuff, but certainly am not in a position to be picky.

Again, I urge you to reconsider leaving EvE behind, but if you’re decision to move on is indeed firm - o7

HeHe, you went straight for a big ticket item, i have no dreadnoughts or carriers at the moment.

The most interesting items I have are rare but no necessarily expensive

Hey bud, if you’re leaving, I’ll take some of those rare items, I do enjoy collecting them.

Ah. Welp, didn’t know what you have spent your time in EvE doing, sorry. You did say to name a ship, so I did…

May I suggest you consider making a donation of small ships and/or isk to Operation Magic School Bus as you leave?

Interesting items are cool. Battleships are also cool. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well at least there’s that…

Technically SC isn’t a game yet so…

and prob never will

So basically you came here to whine that the games to expensive?

OP, let me explain in the form of an example;

Let’s say I’m running a pizza shop, and you would like some pizza. I’ve sat in the back and crunched all the numbers to make my business viable, and arrived at the following (extremely simplified) monthly figures:

$1,000 for rent and utilities
$3,000 for worker salaries (including my own, which is essentially the “net profit”)
$3,000 for pizza ingredients and supplies
$1,000 for marketing

Let’s say that with this setup, my shop can sell 1,000 pizza pies every month ($8,000 gross at a dollar per slice to break even).

Now, no matter how much you try to convince me that I should sell you a slice of pizza for fifty cents, I simply can’t do it for less than a dollar, because the shop would be taking a net loss doing this.

You can say “but if you do this, I will spread the word and you will get so many more customers that way!”

That is actually true. This would definitely bring more customers to my shop. Customers that I would have to sell more 50-cent slices of pizza to, which I can’t do without going bankrupt. I guess there are some cost-cutting measures I could take. For example, I could replace my experienced pizza maker with a high-school kid who will be paid considerably less. I could also save money on ingredients, using lower-quality ones but pushing the costs down. But any such measures are likely to result in you not wanting my pizza anymore. You can ask me to take a hit on my profits, too. And to a small extent, I might be willing to do that. Maybe I’ll treat you to a slice on the house for being a good customer. But if you want me to give up my profits entirely, then there’s no reason for me to run the pizza shop to begin with.

So you turn to your last argument: economies of scale. “Surely,” you say, “you can expand your operations, get additional staff, and sell enough slices of pizza at fifty cents to still be profitable!” Well no, I can’t. Economies of scale can only affect sunk costs. I might be able to increase production in the current facility, and I might be able to get away with sticking to my marketing budget, but salaries and supplies increase with every additional pizza pie sold. I can only stretch the dough so much thinner, and ask the workers to work so much harder, until my business collapses.

So in conclusion, when asking for such a drastic discount, you need to consider whether or not the company is actually able to offer their product at such a price. Maybe CCP can, I don’t know. But I wouldn’t bet on it.

5 Likes

Thanks for replying. Yeah so I’m not sure if these types of things attract or retain anyone who wasn’t going to get the game play of EVE anyway if you know what I mean. I’m not seeing that CCP have done much of anything to attract a more casual crowd - i mean look at the recent Easter event, it was pretty tough for new players and some who have been playing for a while - myself included :slight_smile: . In my experience I don’t see the core game as being dumbed down but appreciate your POV on that.

1 Like

LOL. What exactly did you expect to accomplish with such a silly post? Do you expect CCP to change anything in order to have you as a paying customer or what?

Actually, what on earth (or whatever planet you live in) makes you think anyone might care what your “conditions” are?

2 Likes

not read all posts but a sub only costs 7.50 a month how are you paying 20 quid, and that’s a lot less than 2 pints in the pub a month, im not rich but I have more than 2 pints a month

I’ve interviewed people before (and even have close friends) who have similar mental hang-ups with regard to certain things. They will drop cash on many things, but some things are just unconscionable for them to spend money on. Like they will go out and blow twenty bucks on six crappy chicken wings in a sports bar or six hundred dollars on sports tickets, but will never take a twelve-dollar car ride anywhere because it’s “too expensive.” It’s not that they can’t afford it, it’s just that they have these internal notions of what certain things should cost, and won’t budge from them.

Note how the OP says:

I’m not paying £20 a month for a single game, this is just too much,
I mean you can get Xbox game pass on the PC for £10 a month, or £5 a month if you go for 3rd party seller.

That really doesn’t sound like someone who has difficulties with affordability, but someone who has a preconception of what a video game needs to cost.

Anyways, it’s not a critique of the OP, because we all have little quirks like that. For example, I have a friend who absolutely refuses to buy alcohol unless it’s happy-hour pricing. Happy hour? Sure, get like six beers. But when the prices jump back up by a dollar, he won’t get a single one (unless already drunk and with lowered inhibitions).

3 Likes

op success he got drunk on the cheap then paid the price as he was drunk and the bar made coin, the house always wins. and then I always wake up somewhere interesting

2 Likes