Supported the game for years but didn't last 5 minutes returning

I paid for years of Plex playing time training my character to fly all types of ships but returning to the game and finding all my skills (which I paid for) are all gimped without unlocking for a monthly sub. I don’t think any return player is going resub when they have this type of experience. And the 2FA you have to turn off, it sends duplicate keys and appears blocked on some free mail services. I think you’ll find if you provide value people are more than willing to pay up but you insist on payment up front without offering any apparent value you probably won’t win back any customers. Oh, but your standard gank fit you can pilot just fine F2P are you #@# kidding me?

1 Like

So your complaint here is that you paid to play years ago (either by PLEXing, or via a subscription or both) and you return to the game that offers the F2P mode of Alpha (which didn’t exist when you played before - based on your character’s history) that allows you to play fully, with some limitations, where you can PLEX your account should you wish… but you’re mad at CCP that despite allowing you some open-ended free play that they want you to pay (either subscription or via PLEXing) to enjoy their product fully? You make no sense. You clearly understood last time that you had to pay to play in some form or other last time you were involved, and you’re upset that there’s now an open-ended free option that has limitations. By the way, many players return back to the game in Alpha state and are happy with it, and many of those activate back to Omega state. There are thousands of happy Alpha accounts playing,

Your skills are still there and fully intact. You’ve not lost anything. You’re just butthurt because you’re being asked to pay to enjoy the product of someone else. I suppose the concept of a free-market economy is lost on you?

Check your privilege. You’re only going to get so much for free.

19 Likes

…you realize that EVE Online is still a subscription based game… right?

5 Likes

Agreed, this man shouldn’t be allowed to log in at all unless he pays for the privilege. Justice for Dug! Make him pay!

1 Like

Perhaps the OP is just having a bad day.

4 Likes

So many Omegas temporarily downgrade to Alpha and actively play as Alpha before upgrading to Omega again in the future. You can actually have fun and make money in Alpha, and Alphas are surprisingly capable in fleet PVP in particular. And once you PLEX to Omega and get your Omega skills back, it is very easy to maintain revenue to stay PLEXed while having fun and playing casually, ie. only a few hours every now and then in order to earn enough ISK to keep your Omega sub active.

I mean, once upon a time F2P wasn’t an option, so the ability to actually play the game is of value. CCP made it very clear what F2P can and cannot do when they released it as an option. The ability to break the Alpha skill barrier and attain full skill access is of value, and the ability to get 2x training speed for those under 5m SP and have longer skill queues is of value, and the ability to use Omega-only ships and modules is of value. Yeah, I can think of plenty of things that are of value :man_shrugging:

1 Like

yeah!! true!
because null sec dudes use separated guns to get more kills, t1 weapons with incorrect range , smart bombs to get blue kills wen they die , any alpha with a bit of commitment can do waaayyy better

This is why adding a free-to-play mode is such a dangerous decision. If you look at EVE reviews in places like Steam, a bulk of the negative ones stems from not being able to get the “full” experience without paying.

2 Likes

OP, be glad you can log into the game without paying a dime, and still pilot your standard gank fit.

6 Likes

Yet another troll i hope, claims to have played the sub based game for years and then takes a break. Comes back and now claims its not fair he has to pay to play the sub based game . clearly he didnt play it back when he was playing , seriously are people getting more stupid these days.

5 Likes

So let me get this straight: you are outraged that you can’t play the full game without paying for it, and as a result of this outrage you’re going to take your nonexistent payment away? And CCP is supposed to care about this?

9 Likes

Grrrrrrr I can’t believe the nerve of Company, expecting me to actually PAY them MONEY for the privilege of consuming their product or service.

Don’t they know how many followers I have on Instagram?

6 Likes

Playing subbed is much better than ftp.
No clue what your mad about

2 Likes

So you’re complaining that you don’t have access to the full version when you aren’t paying for it, even though a few years ago, you wouldn’t have access to any of what you currently have access to without paying for the full version?

2 Likes

OP your employer paid you for years so I’m pretty sure it is time for you to do some free labour for a while. :wink:

:dealwithitparrot:

4 Likes

Ah, FTP. You see in it what you would like to see.
1a81690dc310ab32e3fd5379

2 Likes

I see an anteater licking up a trail of ants emerging from a colony that’s been set on fire.

But then again, my psychologist resigned after administering my Rorschach test, so what do I know? ¯\ _ (ツ)_/¯

That was just a mining barge slowly moving though an asteroid belt.

Strange. I too was a long time sub, and recently started playing again at the beginning of the year. After realizing that my alpha status was gimping my existing skills, I quickly decided to re-sub.

Crazy how we had differing experiences, yet were under the same circumstances.

If you aren’t returning, can I have your stuff?

3 Likes

Eat a Snickers Dug - You’re not you when you’re hungry!

2 Likes