Returning 70 Mil sp player thinking of coming back to eve

Stopped playing at some point in 2010 and started in 2007 I think? honestly don’t remember when I started. Had gotten out of the game do to real life and work taking up my time. So I got out of PC gaming all together.

Custom built new PC 9 months ago and find myself with a few hours on most weekdays to be on in late afternoon and early evening hours CST time zone. I am debating about slipping back into EVE but I don’t know where to start it’s just been so long. So I need some help on deciding what to do/ education on current reality of eve.

Be prepared this may be long winded but time is a valuable commodity so I’ll provide a long intro so you know what your getting into.

From memory I had 2 really advanced toons back in the day, 1 is chenoe here I think she was upwards of 70 mill sp…could be more and the other I think was like 40mil? The others were under 20 mill I think and just used for dual screen jobs when I need an interceptor or something requiring me to pilot more than 1 guy.

Chenoe was bought in 08 thanks to a windfall of busniess success from my other toon. She was gradually skilled into a more pvp toon. flew one of those giant frieghters monstrostitys, a gallentte carrier, a dreadnought of unknown type, various battleships and a ■■■■ ton of stuff I don’t remember. I originaly started out doing contracts, shipping and mining and then bought her and went into PVP with her and the other toon.

Other main guy was big into electronic warfare, shield tanking, missiles. I know he flew a falcon and a stealth bomber. actually now that I think of it he might have piloted a dreadnought as well…the caldri one.

Long story short I’m rusty and want to do PVP. My time isn’t unlimited so just getting all my extensive ■■■■ moved to another system is gonna suck cause I think I had it pretty spread out…so much so I might start out by just using finances in my wallets to start my self out at least for now, It will save a lot of time.

I would probably pay to make it an omega and I see there are some sort of reskilling booster things now…Not sure how that works but probably would be something I would do once I figure them out.

I didn’t keep in touch with any of my old corpmates really, hell most are probably gone so thus the AD/post here. I wouldn’t mind doing some blobs or even just some small 10 man fleets, I guess I really just want to have an active group whenever I log on. My biggest issue was all the EVE downtime spent with taking 3 hours to fleet up or spend an hour before we undock to do something. Worse getting on and having only 3 guys to fly with.

Oh also my security level sucks was a -10, I logged in a couple days ago and spent some isk to get it to a -3.48 and will probably have to spend more to get it positive I guess.

So yeah wanna PVP and need some guidance and if you read all this crap reply to the post and I’ll try to hit you up. Preferably on teamspeak but I can do discord as well.

(Update I thank all parties for your interest it’s great to see the eve community is still as welcoming as I remember. Thanks to this post I have found a corp and have happily started flying my old logistics around in pvp getting my feet wet…Yes it’s a steep learning curve but just as fun as it used to be:)

Heyo!

Krypted Gaming is looking for quality, social pilots to join us on our space adventures. We are a community focused on quality over quantity, and look for pilots with great attitudes towards the game and fellow players. We live in the nullsec region of Deklein, and are proud members of SLYCE.

We aim to be,

• Tight Knit (~40-50 actual humans)
  • Highly active (88.5% of our members are online daily)
  • Top Contributors in PvP & Industry (top 3 for monthly alliance fleet participation)
  • Knowledgable & Approachable (tons of guides on our website)

Whether you are a new player or veteran, we are looking for team players who want to contribute to a community. All of our members are active, decent human beings (except our corporate Grandpa, Helltrek) with lives outside of the game. Given that, we also have plenty of memes!

Monthly Krypted Updates
Fleet Commander Logs
EVE Online Guides

Come chat with us in our Discord!

Hey there @Chenoe

I most definitely like your post :wink:

Considering it all, I think that The Republic might be a very good place for you. You can read a bit about us here.

If you have any questions, would just like to chat or would like to join, please find us on our Discord server (information available in our advert).

Looking forward to hearing from you,

LeVa MagloN / Alex
President
Republic of US

Nice read man. Welcome back to the gaming world man. I have sent you a piece of in-game mail with some more information. I look forward to answer your questions man. Welcome back o7

Hey mate

Brittas Empire may be what you are looking for. Head here and have a look if your interested.

Hey, @Chenoe ! I just started a corp to run public PVP fleets - and we also recruit vets and newbros to set up a solid corp besides the running of pvp fleets - a bit of pve, atm still in high sec 0.5 - but also in our low sec home, too (Kheram atm).

We want to achieve critical mass of players for the corp and not only for our discord and would be happy to have more miners/indy people who help our new and old players - so perhaps this is something for you: New? Old? Alone? Don't be - join Puffin Squads - Home of the Underdogs

We are a relaxed group and know all about RL aggro, job and kids - the corp just started out, but with public fleets and the new members there is always something to do when you have time and no pressure as we are all in the same boat - and we could really use a vet to help getting it up and running - check it out :slight_smile:

Join the discord for questions: https://discord.gg/deVNUju - hope to see you there and in space!

Cheers,

Mad Librarian (MadLib)

Hey, if you’re still looking for a corp, I’m recruiting for a lowsec pirate alliance. Send me a mail in game if you want more info.

Check us out!

Join our public channel @ Best.-Public and say hi! Feel free to ask questions ect and throw in an app!

Good day. We have recently (the last 5-6 months) welcomed 4 returning EVe players (gone for 2 to 6 years). They are all enjoying their time, getting their legs under them, and pvping a whole lot. One particularly enjoys the blops, but all of them are enjoying the opportunities for daily fleets big and small, and huge.

Check out our link and if it’s something you are interested in, reach out to me.

Have you considered w-space? :slight_smile:

Everything above is going to leave you wanting. If you want to get in, learn what you are actually doing, and make your way to the top of the Eve pyramid, you look like you might fit in well here:

Come chat in discord.

Looking to enjoy the game with Friends?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.