Returning player - 115mSP Combat Pilot - Not sure if looking for a Corp(?)

Hi all,

A little about me before I fire off some questions.

I’ve been back in the game for around 2 months or so and am keen to ‘kick-on’ my returning experience as I’ already falling back into traps that took me out of the game 5/6 times before.

Ultimately I’ve returned to the game to PvP and the objective at the time was for solo PvP. I’ve been actively posting on the forums around riskier but high rewarding ISK making exersizes to fund PvP. As I’ve been out of the game a long time and was never that good at PvP I know I need lots of ISK.

Currently I’m reviewing possible locations in lowsec to look at moving to a L5 mission base accompanied with LS ratting and PvP hunting.

My previous experiences in the game including living in WH space and being part of the Agony Unleashed corporation… the conclusion from both is that if I’m not doing my own thing I know how to follow instructions/orders.

I have little to no interest in leading anyone as I have enough of that at work (I’m a reasonably successful 45 year old). I’m happy to be led into combat or to PvE.

I’ve two Combat pilots.
Barrak here is 120m SP of which around 115 is PvP. He is a carebear God (kinda) examples being Level 5 Marauder, L4 spec all missiles. etc. He also has high skills in Ewar and can Logi.

The other is a 100m SP with around 90m pure combat. Can pilot and weaponise a Carrier and Dread.

I’ve been nosing around the forums (a sure sign of falling away from EvE again) but found the recruitment thread really interesting… particularly the 0.0 corporations, which is something I’ve not done and, historically, dismissed out of hand though I can not recall why…

QUESTIONS:

1. Whats the difference between SOV and 0.0? and, once explained, should I care?
  2. Do most substantial corporations offer ship service for PvP and PvE? (I ask, not because I’m selfish but, because I don’t want to spend weeks moving gear to 0.0 only to find I don’t like it).
  3. Is clone jumping and simply heading out to 0.0 and option?
  4. How do I make ISK in 0.0? (I’m currently looking at L5 missions in low). No offence to anyone but I’m not a miner.
  5. How do I get the gear/drop/ISK out?
  6. Whats the risk to any assets I have in 0.0?
  7. Should I be more interested in the Alliance than the Corp or both?

Regards

Barrak

I’ve sent you an in game mail answering some of your questions hit me up on discord/in game if you wanna talk more.

Hiya there mate, if you thinking of coming to null sec we would be happy to have you.

QUESTIONS:

1. SOV is alliance owned space and then again NPC null are claimed by a number of different NPC factions.
  2. Our corp or Alliance does not offer ships for these activities but we have SRP for doctrine ships used in Fleet OPs.
  3. You can set home station remotely once a year, if you haven’t set one you can death clone to new home.
  4. Ratting in Combat sites is very much similar to Missions in HS / LS.
  5. Our corp/alliance offers Jump Freight service and have Buyback program.
  6. In our alliance/coalition risks are small.
  7. You were intrested in PVP and PVE, so the area we are located in have great oppertunities for PVE and with alliance/coaltion there are daily fleets for PVP activity.

What we offer:

• Daily opportunities to participate in PVP in all the sizes ranging from small gang to big strat-ops at the corp/alliance/coalition level.
  • Plenty of industrial opportunity with an abundance of ores, moons & PI for your industrial needs.
  • Safe pocket in nullsec with huge isk making opportunities (ratting, mining and PI).
  • Relaxed atmosphere where real life comes first, always.
  • Active and experienced leadership.
  • Hauling and jump freighter service.

Perks:

• Corp Buyback Program for salvage, loot, ores and more.
  • Daily nullsec ratting, mining and industrial.
  • Help with ships and fits so you can make the most isk possible in nullsec.
  • Ship Replacement Program (SRP) for many doctrine ships.
  • Dedicated Mumble and Discord channels.
  • Alliance/Coalition Discord Market Channels.

What we’re looking for:

• Pilots of all walks of life (PVP, PVE, mining, industrial, and more).
  • Willing to train into alliance doctrines for home defence if you can’t already fly them.
  • Participate when you can and support the corp/alliance.
  • A friendly attitude!

Join us in Discord: https://discord.gg/jq69HSj
Join our in-game chat: Fields of Elysium. Pub
Killboard: Elysium. | Corporation | zKillboard

Hi Barrak!

You may be interested in giving Guns-R-Us Toy Company a go. We are an independent NullSec Corp based in Pure Blind who hold our own sov as part of Weapons of Mass Production.

I note most of your questions have been answered above, but perhaps I may offer a customised response in relation to Guns.

• We offer ships for sale already fitted for basically any purpose you may need as well as a local market for any extra modules
  • We have a clone bay out here so yes, you can just set home and come out and just get started. Plenty of ratting ships are available for you to get stuck into the anoms. Its doing this that would make the most of your isk.
  • We have a good jump freighter service up and running, I personally offer a free first jump to people just joining to get their stuff out to our home system. We are 3 jumps to HS and just 12 to Jita.
  • We have no required assets other than at least 1 StatOp Doctrine Fleet ship for when a StratOp is called. We are pretty flexible here, we have Vigils for 3 day old NewBros all the way up to our HACs and BCs. We have highly recommended Standing Fleet ships, also available on contract
  • We are a growing corp and executor of the alliance with some other small groups who help generate content. It can get quite busy as we are on a pipe to deeper null, so standing fleet is often rescuing a miner or chasing roamers out of pocket.

Feel free to check out our ad and hopefully we get a chance to talk soon! :slight_smile:

Hi Barrak,

I wont answer your questions since someone already have done that.

But in return i can give you some advice.

• Even though you are high skilled you lack experience so if i where you i would start small and in time start using bigger ships to keep your isk losses to the minimum or atleast as low as possible.

• Bigger ships doesnt mean you are a better pilot, small ships can kill a bigger ship without any problem. It might be a bit harder and take probably longer time but the result nevertheless will be the same

• Focus into one race and dont start cross train into different races. I know that when you are part of the bigger sov entities they do have doctrine ships for their fleets and its nice to be able to fly said ships but it will just take to much time.

• Keep your game simple and dont burn yourselv out with a lot of tasks, just pve when you can and pvp when there is a fleet up :slight_smile:

the list can be quite long so leave this for now.

In terms of recruitment Mass can offer you both big fights and small/midsize pvp.

We are part of pandemic horde alliance which is one of the bigger players in the game where you can take part in regular sov warfare and I am also responsible for our Thera wing which will focus in small/midsize pvp.

And of course as an alliance we have enough space where you can rat/mine/build to fund your pvp with an alt in the background.

if you want to hear more or talk to us just join our discord

and to end this good luck finding a home

/prim

Hit us if you need help.

All,

Thank you for your replies and in game messages. Tons of thinking/reading to do.

@Primeryissecondary
Thanks for the advice.

I agree with everything. The talk around big guns was more from a PvE perspective. ie dreads for C5’s (when I was there) and Carriers to support Tengus’ etc. Marauders L4’s.

Certainly at this stage and the foreseeable future I wouldn’t dream of shipping into a Capital.

In my past life I was a Frigate PvP’er and want to shift into Cruisers. Anything beyond that is just fantasy at the present.

I’m already spec’d into ‘most’ sub Cap ships aside from the new ranges introduced over the last 4/5 years most of which are the ‘command variants’.

Most of my specs were designed to live in WH space and run C5’s and before that L4s… but that was back in the day. However, please no hating at this point, I always loved ECM which is where Barraks skillset exanded in to.

My Bio in game reads “Just because you can fly the ship, it doesn’t mean you can actually fly the ship”. So I’m fully with your overiding message.

Your last point rings true… I just want to do somethings new. Running L4’s was an old requirement back in the day. Nowadays my skill set is far strong and I want to be able to use it.

In respect of spreading myself thin. Well over half of my skills are level 5’s (mainly ships). If I go in I tend to go ‘all in’.

I’m exchanging mails with Shone in game.

@too374
@Dae_M
@Ben_Hatton
@Maria_Tokila

All thank you for your replies and mails in game. I think I’ve responded to them all.

Big decisions to be made… just need to press on and make them!!

Welcome,

We are corporation of USTZ and EUTZ players looking for like minded individuals to join our laid back PVP community! Our leadership recently returned and created our start up dragging old friends and enemies alike to PVP and create content for all those involved!

We are extremely interested in returning players like ourselves.

The corporation has a plethora of experienced directors and fleet commanders who strive to take the bullcrap out of the game so the content comes easy for our members! We formed this corporation to begin a new chapter in our eve careers and we would like you to come along! We are looking for pilots who wish to center themselves around real people in real PVP settings, looking to follow us to some of the most exotic places in eve while trying to get the fix that we so happily PLEX our accounts for! If you fit our requirements and wish to help build a better pvp experience maybe you can step, Into the Ether…

ALLIANCE:

• We are part of WE FORM V0LTA, based in the Fade Region and constantly deploying to a content zone near you!
  • We have a very short list of blues and 99% of eve is neutral - we go shooting NIGHTLY.

ISK Opportunities:

• Null-sec access is available for all your pvp funding needs.
  • Moon Rentals, mining, ratting, DED, archaeology and data mining, whatever you need to fund the bloodshed.

Requirements:

• No Hard SP Requirement but must be PVP Focused
  • Dread Alt (Mandatory)
  • Useful Light Tackle Alt/Dictor/Cyno Alt (Mandatory)
  • Mumble and Discord access
  • Must join comms and have an operational microphone (non negotiable)
  • Self sufficient
  • Consistent schedule and activity as RL allows (the significant other comes first)
  • Over the age of 18
  • ESI SEAT/Auths for ALL characters
  • Screenshot of your ESI page to prove the character on each account. (Since you can’t see that like you could with API)

Additional Information:

I know I am late to the party, but I highly suggest Maria’s corp. Great set of dudes.

1 Like

@Glibbs
Thanks for the message. I’ll be sure to check out the recruitment thread.

@youngpuke2
Not late. Still undecided at this stage.

thanks.,

1. Sov null vs null is the difference between fighting hellcamps on gates vs npcs that are pretty aggressive. The 2 have benefits but in doc you are mandated to act one way or the other.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. That’s pretty good isk with the right equipment. But outside of anoms and DED site not a lot unless you do low sec incursions with minimum 15 people.

5. Lots of ways not all disclosed here.

6. If it’s a player’s station you are looking at loss (and as of late also ransom). If it’s npc you can’t tether but it won’t go away either.

7. Depends on the environment. Higher alliance brass is sometimes nauseating to talk to unless the group is very tight not and fun to be around. Being involved in the alliance is good for goals where as Corp is good for learning a growth.

My group lives in low sec. We do small gang pvp. Occasionally we do big fleet fights. Solo PvP in the area is abundant. Its a target rich environment and easy to get into. Come on by and ask.

Come and have a chat with us brother

Are you still looking, I can pm you in game if you’re interested.

Message me in game, we aren’t a sov holding alliance, but we might be able to help you out with your questions

Use our Discord (https://discord.gg/q84DP82xMJ) to ask us your burning questions.

We live in Venal (NPC Null)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.