Returning player - Extremely slow income

Very useful info, thank you

I second DED complexes, doing 4s in high sec has been ludicrous , yesterday got a loot from a DED 4 around 150 mil. Another player in my system did the other 2 DEDs , it was DED xmas sale yesterday in my systems :D, he made 200 mil.

Make sure also if you are omega to do PI P3 , if my calculations are correct I do robotics on my main and 2 alts all at the same omega account for a total of 600 mil per month. I am sure I can take that with lvl V skills to 1 bil per month which is not bad at all as a bonus for high sec.

If you are in null I hear everything there is more ludicrous , PI is 2-3 times higher because of the much higher content of materials per planet. What I love about PI is that it tedious to set up and also to do the research of what sells well in your local trade hub but once you do I spend like 5-10 mil tops for all my 3 chars just renewing the excavators for another daily program. Once every two weeks I have to move some materials around to make the robotics. So almost no work at all.

Do not grind, play to have fun , thats how you win EVE.

1 Like

I guess the question here is, where did the battleship go? Why dont you still have it with you.

The market is driven by players, not ccp. Devā€™s have nothing to do with not being able to afford a ship.

There are corporations that hans out free ships. You could try joining one and getting a better ship that way.

Ok, here you go dude. This Caracal here can run L2 missions with zero problems. It is all T1 low skill stuff, when your skills go up and you upgrade some modules to T2, starting with weapons and the adaptive invuln, then you can start doing level 3 missions on it. By the time you are done with that trainign youā€™ll have ran so many missions you wonā€™t need to ask what to do next.

It can also run T1 and T2 Abyss filaments as is, T3 filaments once you upgrade everything on it to Tech II modules.

Make sure you have transversal velocity enabled on your overview, this is very important or you will not be able to use them.

Also check out these videos, this is kinda critical knowledge for running missions in cruisers, destroyers, etc.

^^^ this one shows dude doing PvE in frigates, best to learn about stuff like this.

For L4 missions to tank them on a cruiser you need to keep around 290-350 transversal minimum and you will still take some damage but it will be perfectly managable by your tank. With 650+ you can pretty much tank entire rooms even on the big missions. For L3s the requirement is much lower and for L2s even lower then that. I do not remember what numbers I needed for those because its been a long while since I have done them. These numbers also apply to Abyss and DED sites of equivalent difficulty, tier 1, tier 2, tier 3.

Then check out your skills and this The Magic 14 - EVE University Wiki

For detailed guides on how to do Abyss, DED sites, various mission types, go over to the PvE sub section of these forums. Its all there.

Anyways here is a fit. FYI, once you can successfully do L2 sec missions on it, you can also take it and do the SOE epic arc.

[Caracal, Simulated Caracal Fitting]

Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System
Crosslink Compact Ballistic Control System

Astro-Inertial Compact Missile Guidance Computer
Upgraded EM Ward Amplifier I
Medium C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Prototype ā€˜Arbalestā€™ Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Missile Precision Script x1
Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile x3000
Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assault Missile x3000

1 Like

Flying a Battlecruiser needs according weapons, thatā€™s still some effort to skill. Donā€™t fly anything with Skill levels under III, better IV.
As you found out, a Caracal will finish Lvl2 Sites with ease.
If you need better standing, try the social skills like social and connections.

The battleship was on my previous account. I started fresh a little over a week ago when I returned to the game. Iā€™m not even sure my old account still exists as it let me register new under the only email address Iā€™ve ever used.

(The above commend actually prompted me to investigate further, I see now that multiple accounts can be registered to the same email. I have 2 old accounts. I may sign on to them and either recover assets or move over to one of the other accounts that have a lot of skills trained already)

Regarding the market. Iā€™m just simply giving feedback here that the game is harder to get started on today, at least for a very casual mission runner, than it was in the past. Now that I know you can run career missions for 5 careers in 12 different areas, I can see this was likely CCPā€™s effort to resolve exactly what Iā€™m describing. Thereā€™s a lot of value in running those missions before you get started. Last night I ran 5 quick missions for the ā€œExplorationā€ career agent. Learned a couple things as Iā€™ve never used scanners before, and came out with 2 frigates and a little under 1m ISK for very little effort.

I think CCP has already addressed this and I have you guys to thank for pointing me in the right direction.

A lot of helpful info there, thank you.

So I managed to get in to my old accounts and found a significant amount of resources. I donā€™t suppose thereā€™s any way to transfer stuff from one account to another? In my own research, I learned that you canā€™t escrow with an alpha account and I canā€™t sign on both accounts at once unless they are both omega, where only one of mine is omega.

I know I have the option of just playing on the old account, but I liked the idea of a fresh name and face.

Anything Iā€™m not thinking of?

Umm not sure as it seems quite obvious but have you tried contracting the stuff to your other character (on the other account) through a private contract?

It costs a flat rate of 10 K ISK and thatā€™s it and can even contract stuff remotely, though you can only add stuff from the same station / structure each contract and as alpha limited to one outstanding contract unless in a player corp and you contract to a corp mate or several (or make public contracts on behalf of your corp and so on) as then different limits apply, so even if it takes multiple contracts you should be able to without issue, unless by resources you refer to something that can not be contracted.

1 Like

At least ISK can be easily transferred to a char. Just search for the name and choose ā€œgive moneyā€.

1 Like

You can always send it to an ISK doubler first and send the doubled ISK to your char afterwards. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This was exactly what I needed. Iā€™ve been away for the game for so long. You forget little things like this. Everything transferred over now, have lots of ISK and fully fitted ships up to battleship. This will keep me rolling for a while.

I think for this though, you need both characters online at the same time. Since I only have one PC, canā€™t have them signed on at the same time. Contracting worked though! :slight_smile:

Nope, I frequently exchange ISK between my chars this way.

Edit: The only thing that requires you both online (and at same station) the same time is direct trade between the two chars.

1 Like

Gotcha, this will be a quicker way to get the last little bit of stuff transferred, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.