Returning player, looking for a reason to stay

Last time I played was about 10 years ago (started 2007), but I recently got a reason to check out the game again. So far I like what I am seeing, but I don’t know yet if it is worth resubscribing for me. I hope this is where you come in!

Last time around I mostly stayed in high-sec and my main was a mission runner with 36m SP (with another character for station trading). I’m pretty much done with that though, and after thinking about it for a while, I believe I’ve got a pretty good idea what I am looking for this time.

Due to my work situation and other life interests, I am NOT looking for real-time ops or frequent voice comm hangouts. Essentially I just want to play the game in the background, semi-AFK, spending as much or little time as I feel like at any given moment. Activities I am most interested in are building up an industry and trading business (on this new toon), and a little bit of exploration. I plan to use my old character as an explorer, while gradually transferring skills over to this character.

None of this really requires a corp, my only issue is that making ISK is a pretty lousy goal by itself. So what I am looking for in a corp is not so much an organisation that enables me to do things, but an organisation I can believe in and that feels worth supporting. Something to eventually sink my riches into, once I’ve successfully acquired them, and that I enjoy being a part of.

Long-term, I’d love to help build something up by pulling strings in the background via ISK infusions and diplomatic means.

So in a nutshell, I am looking for a corp that…

• … is fine with everything I’ve written above, and doesn’t require me to be regularly available or participate in ops (PVP or otherwise).

• … values immersion. I am not a roleplayer, but immersion and a somewhat serious, mature, and friendly attitude matters a lot to me.

• … ideally lives in nullsec (or maybe lowsec) or at least plans to do so. This isn’t something I have much experience with and I’m not sure how compatible this is with the playstyle I am looking for, but generally the idea of nullsec appeals to me a lot more. I may not be into PVP combat, but I enjoy taking risks and competing with players in other ways. The more dynamic and player-driven the environment is, the better.

• … has ambition and goals that go beyond blowing things up for shits and giggles. In particular I’d love to be part of an organisation that aims to hold space and do something somewhat unique with it. If this is still in the early building stages, that would be even better (as long as serious efforts have been made already). I’d love to get involved in something early on.

Meta elements would be a big plus for me, like a serious web presence or creative use of tools to further the goals of the corp/alliance. As a software developer myself, this is also an area I would most likely want to get involved with at some point. The potential of EVE in this regard for players to add their own value to the universe is a huge part of the appeal to me.

So I think that’s pretty specific. I don’t necessarily expect to find something perfect, but the closer the better! I honestly have no idea if what I have in mind is even realistic, so I’d love to hear your thoughts on that as well. Maybe EVE just isn’t the right game for me right now, but maybe it is. I really don’t know.

If you know something that could be interesting to me, or you’d like to know more about me and/or my old character(s), I’d be happy to hear from you via EVE mail or otherwise.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey man - not sure if you found a corp yet, but I can totally respect your play style. I’m working on building up our corporation and alliance to become a major player in a region call Querious. While we have a common goal, everyone does their own thing and we move at a pace that prevents burn out, while keeping up momentum when appropriate. Obviously none of this would suit your play style, but if you do wish to join a community and feel part of something great, please do reach out to me. Feel free to message me in game, and I’ll respond on my mobile if during the day. O7

1 Like

Noctis Umbrum Inc is a corp that does everything, but our goal is to get our members rich enough they can inject skill points so they can make more isk and be even more proficient at PVP than they already are.

We know real life comes first. Our corp was born just a few months ago when we abandoned a former CEO that had been scamming us, and now we seek to be as transparent and as protective of our members as possible.

We could definitely use someone with both your in game and real life talents, and for those people willing to step up and help out, we provide leadership opportunities.

Message me, Theseous, either in game or through the forums if you have any questions. Wherever you end up, I hope you get a chance to enjoy this complex game to the fullest!

1 Like

How would you feel about recruiting?

1 Like

Hi!

SINISTER. is looking for more capsuleers to join their triglavian based corp. We can teach you how to make a living from the abyssal depths and ultilize triglavian vessels into combat or pve.

!! Preparing for triglavian invasions, triglavian mothership Xordahz and much more.

■ Co-Op Abyssal Deadspace
■ Triglavian invasions
■ Triglavian industry

Join our Discord discord and apply today . Or read our post below for more details!

1 Like

will be sending you an ingame mail

1 Like

hi
did you find any thing ? come by our discord or join our public channel in game : Mea Culpa.

1 Like

Hey!!

Fatal Outcome have a "your with us or not at all” principle. This approach creates a target rich environment while building a relationship of strength and honor within our member ranks.

We operate in Nullsec. We are a mix of PVP and Industrial doing ratting, mining, PI, building. We are engaged daily in PVP and have adopted a “Fight Club” mentality. One of our requirement is when it’s time to fight everyone must represent.

We try to have different fleets up whenever we can. Our members range from longtime players to new players.

We have a mature and friendly community with a relaxed atmosphere. All time zones are welcome and we are the sort that understand that RLl comes first. We have members in both US, EU and Aussie TZ

We can offer comms, teamspeak and discord, Ship Replacement Program on alliance ops, PVE and small pvp fleets and a Buyback Program for Ore and Salvage

Therefore we offer a well balanced life style that will allow you to sustain yourself financial needs while enjoying fights. Interested join: “All Night Long Pub” and have a chat.

1 Like

Hey, if you’re a USTZ we might be a good fit. We have a small group of veteran Eve player in a C2 wormhole. C2 is pretty stable with not a lot of pvp activity. Plenty of exploration, ABC mining ores and moons and T III production elements. (We can teach you the basics and it’s not hard or scary)

We are in the earlier (not beginning) stages of building up our WH corp. Right now we are a dedicated group of friends putting out time and energy into getting this moving. Plenty of time to semi-afk and other times when we come together to work on corp tasks.

If it’s community you’re looking for and being part of the team building up something much bigger we, that is where we are right now. You’re looking at 5 or 6 mid 30’s guys playing evenings in the USTZ.

(This might not be the best sells ad on a corp, but if you’re looking for community and building something up you can be proud of, send me a message)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.