Roqual indu core

Do you know what Rorquals really need?

• they need to be limited to 1 active indu core within 1000km around any resource accumulation
  • they need to have their mining yield improved again to make up for that limitation a little and mining fleet boosts can be buffed a bit more as well.
  • they need to only be able to launch PANIC if they are in indu core and have a resource accumulation locked
  • if they PANIC, the locked asteroid vanishes after the PANIC as that module needs material to work

Mining has to come from exhumers and barges, which are the dedicated mining ships in EVE, and the Rorqual has to be returned to its originally intended role of being the best mining booster in the game. It should have never obsoleted barges and exhumers as the main mining vessels.

3 Likes

sounds like a possibility … But 1000 km would be a little too much right?

Add to that an increase in volume of uncompressed ores, so the compression on site gets useful again. And don’t listen to High Sec wine flowing, there are enough Athanors around to deal with the problem. For alphas just give the Venture a corresponding boost in ore hold.

1 Like

No. This range is to prevent several Rorqs from activating the Indu core on any of the currently known resource fields (with the exception of a select few normal asteroid belts that are spread out enough). No 2 Rorquals should be able to mine on the same grid with with the ridiculous mining yield and impenetrable protection. This still leaves you the option to bring several Rorquals and chain indu core them to PANIC your exhumer fleet for an extended period of time (people have been doing that successfully) but not without compromise and tactical choices.

On the one hand, this would open up the possibility to create bigger resource fields where several Rorquals could mine on the same grid but so far apart from each other that they cannot assist and protect each other.
On the other hand it would also lay the foundation for removing ore anomalies and rolling their contents into normal asteroid belts where the rocks are subject to cycling depletion and recovering.

Once the Rorqual mining menace has been fixed in that way, or another way, you can also think about reducing the cycle time of the Indu Core. As it stands, however, Rorquals should be met with utmost prejudice to get them back in line with a balanced gameplay experience, and currently obsolete vessels would see more use again. Vessels that are easier to engage, easier to fight and easier to use as bait.

1 Like

Grow your own corp and/or alliance, train some capitals, and have an umbrella. You don’t have to be Goons to grow and field capitals to get an umbrella. Then again a 40 man gang doesn’t need a super umbrella to be defeated. 40 corp and alliance mates in a good subcap doctrine that can counter what the enemies are fielding is just as effective. If you cannot defend your miners either grow so you can or join a group that can. I’ve seen 5 HAW dreads clear a field of 90 neuts before.

Why is it so hard for groups to understand that it is possible to defend themselves? It takes coordination and effort but it is done all the time

1 Like

Wouldn’t an alliance of >3000 be big enough to defend?

Honestly? Most push too hard, too fast. They want to be their own entity, run their own organization, and they want it now. If corps would just take a bit of time to grow and plan, they wouldn’t have this issue.

2 Likes

What does it matter?

That’s not a game design problem, that’s YOUR problem. It does not matter to anyone else if your rorqual dies before you pay it off.

If you don’t think you can keep it alive that long, then fly something else.

Good god, how simple do you have to be to not grasp that the entire POINT of industrial core is to guarantee that you’re going to have to be able to actually defend your rorq because it can’t just ■■■■ off at the first sign of danger.

4 Likes

Isn’t there some famous quote. I think “With great power comes great explodability”?

3 Likes

Would it not be far more isk efficient to simply buy the minerals required?

What she is trying to say is that the rorqual is, by design, made for people who can actually defend them. If you can’t do that, then you either shouldn’t be flying one or be very, very careful. You’re not entitled to owning one if you can’t defend it. That’s part of EVE ONLINE’s overal game design and not going to change.

2 Likes

No, go away.

2 Likes

So just for relevant information. @Hei-zung_Um-lei-ung seems to be a member of a SOV alliance some 3400 members strong, holding 20 or so systems.

And they didn’t lose 1 Rorq recently, they’ve lost 8 so far in 2020. None had any defense force called. One was killed by 86 stealth bombers (that’s just awesome).

Now it seems to me that >3000 members in an alliance should be plenty large to have a defense force. and isn’t a “little” group.

Being bad at EVE is not a call for ship changes.

3 Likes

@Hei-zung_Um-lei-ung

i thing you talk ******** rorq are to powerfull anyways … leave them alone … CSM will talk about that more then enough … this is just stupif cheery picking …
in a other thread someone ask for rorqs in HS … another stupid thing … all in all … rorqs were nerfed a lot of times … it was good … they are to powerfull and the were even more in the past … they should take the drones from the rorqs, orcas and porpoise … they should boost … nothing more …

JuuR

1 Like

You … sure … like … to … feed … birds, … man!

I deleted eve. Neuts stole my fighters so i quit eve before i self distructed. im SICK of loging on to a daily battle of grinding and waiting in fear for tuesdays for another horrible ccp patch.

1 Like

Good riddance.

3 Likes

Yeah… this Game is Hate and Love… And CCP makes filaments even smaller for smaller players.

Please be quiet … You also live in high and low sec … You are neither in a 0.0 corp nor do you fly a capital.
So … stop writing ■■■■■■■■ here

You don’t fly a roquall, do you?