Sauce for the Gander

No I’m not… I’m arguing that for a sandbox to ‘force’ some folks into certain playstyles, but there being no counterbalance, means the claim they sell the game on, is a falsehood.

you could shoot back !!! that sounds like a counterbalance . you could even shoot first as we are mostly -10 although this is difficult if you are playing afk and not even in the same room as the computer.

Ah, the talking smack. That’s actually something 100% within the rules, too, as it happens, so long as it doesn’t cross into genuinely abusive territory, and that’s something that the ISDs/GMs get to decide on. I’m not going to backseat-moderate what is acceptable - not my pig, not my farm - but if a specific post seems to be out of line, I encourage you to use the flag function to report it. That will open a private message string between you and the moderators; if you don’t see action taken, you can ask them privately to clarify where it falls on the range of behaviors so you can adjust your expectations accordingly, or take the item to the Community Relations team via email as outlined in the ToS for up-chain discussion of the behavior.

I don’t think your post really illustrated this, honestly. The responses you got were two types:

1. What you are suggesting is basically already in the game
  2. I don’t understand what you are saying because your post is very poorly written

Neither of those responses is a whine, complaint, or claim of entitlement to a specific style of play, which is what most of the shiptoasting threads and responses break down to.

And to reply to your last assertion in a following post:

The sandbox isn’t forcing players to do anything. it’s explicitly placing control in the hands of the players with a simple base ruleset that says ‘PvP is allowed everywhere’.

ESS put in place, so mission runners and ratters have to ‘defend’ what they worked to earn
Getting rid of random ore distribution so miners and industrialists ‘have’ to go places they don’t want to to ply their trade…
so what changes are you saying they have been putting in place to make the PVP crowd ‘earn’ their fun?

Talking smack about characters yes… but have you looked at the forums, and what is said about -players-?

I have, and instead of engaging with them, I use the flag button to report them. That’s how you handle trolling and abusive posters. You alert the moderators and let them shut it down.

ahh, fair enough on that… so far the only ‘flag’ icon I have seen is to make it so you can find your post.

Have no fear, friend! - I’ve heard permits are for sale that will help you.

Tell that to the Code member I was chasing around with an Arty loaded Venture :wink:

ESS is this a thing in highsec ? i havent run a mission in decades, ganking is a highsec thing its just considerd normal everyday life everywhere else. so what are you upset about ?.
random ore distribution ? i see full asteroid belts all over highsec, more than anyone could ever hope to mine a fraction of it and it respawns daily.

are you angry at highsec ganking or null sec or something else try to make it clear .

Click the three dots under a post, next to the ‘Link’ button, and it will show a little flag icon - you can use that to report the problem post to the moderators, and if you use the ‘Something Else’ option you can write out what the problem is with the post to explain the issue in depth. I almost never use the standard options because being able to add context is important to a lot of situations.

so, the whole spectrum is still available by the random distribution?

thanks, so noted.

mine what you have and trade it for what you need any industrialist will know how to do that.

didn’t say anything at all about the act of ganking, what I was saying, is if they want to put mechanics in place to -make- certain playstyles engage in other playstyles, then it would only be fair to it to apply to -all- the playstyles, no?

actually, with the ways the belts have been all but empty in .4-.2 it’s been more efficient to mount 1 miner and 1 regular weapon, and gun-mine the belt rats.

(‘You’ here is general):

PvP is already reliant upon PvE - you literally cannot engage in PvP without someone doing PvE first. Either doing it yourself, or paying a corp-mate or third party to do it. And you aren’t going to kill your PvE corp-mate who is making stuff for you - but you might kill their competition!

I’m actually in the process of helping a ganger gather supplies to make a barghest. at just 2x the ore reprosess cost. mostly because they were being a wolf, and not being a dick about it.

what makes you think we “gankers” do not engage in other playstyles. it is entirely possible we are doing other things on our other accounts while we are ganking . or we switch alts on the ganker account and do something else.

I can build anything in eve (and do) and if i was inclined to i could run missions explore or do whatever else pveers like to do. i would prefer to not to do boring crap like that but my alts have the skills and knowledge trained from decades ago, so what is your point , forcing folk do do missions in a PVP sandbox? thats just plain cruel.

3 Likes

omg I’m laughing so hard right now :smiley:
Are you a language teacher in real life? :smiley: