[SERVICE] Software Developer/Programmer

Hey guys,

I am a software architect/developer and part time Eve addict. I can do websites, write excel sheets, make programs, you name it. I can give you an hourly rate or I can give you a flat fee for your project. No project too big or too small. I also offer teaching services at my standard hourly rate as well. If you tell me what you want to learn I can give you a flat fee for teaching as well. Teaching services come with reasonable support as long as it’s not a new branch of teaching!

Message me with your questions/projects!

Just so you know: you’re not allowed to scam with these kinds of real life services.

Not looking to scam here, just a poor guy trying to make enough ISK to get into a bigger ship. I’m a .NET developer by trade

Hello, GM Iceberg here.

I would like to remind players in general of our Terms of Service:

1. You may not market, sell, advertise, promote, solicit or otherwise arrange for the exchange or transfer of items in the game or other game services unless it is for in-game sales of in-game services or items.

2. The advertisement or sale of out of game goods and services not directly related to EVE Online is prohibited. The only out of game goods and services which can be advertised or sold for in-game currency or assets are the following: EVE forum signature creation, EVE related websites, EVE related artwork, third party voice communication server hosting, or EVE Time Codes.

And would furthermore like to clarify our stance on this matter coming from Lead GM Lelouch, posted in the Old Forums. You can find it here, but I will copy it for good measure.

Question: "Where does the EULA stand on scamming for out-of-game (but related) services?

If I tell someone I am going to host a killboard for them, and the agreed payment is a PLEX, what would be the repercussions on myself for not delivering on it?

I saw someone offering exactly this service, and scamming for it, and it struck me as being a bit “off” - not least because there are no in-game mechanisms for detecting or acting on the scam."

Reply from LGM Lelouch: "Tl;dr: We don’t like scams of this sort, don’t do it!

Players who find themselves scammed in this manner should petition immediately to have the matter looked into, reporting the incident weeks or months after the fact will likely not amount to much as we naturally cannot reliably determine whether the service was provided in the past.

No, you’ll not get away with the scam by stalling the buyer for some time with promises that the service will be ready in a few days. The payment should not be rendered by the buyer until the seller is ready to start providing the advertised service. As a legitimate seller, do not accept payment for the service unless you‘re ready to start providing it within a few hours.

The scammer should at the very least expect to have the proceeds of the scam removed. A warning or even temporary/permanent account suspensions could apply based on the situation at hand/the scammer’s track record. There are plenty of ways to scam in EVE without breaking the game rules, sticking to those methods will ward off any potential trouble.

Finally, for maximum accountability, transactions involving out-of-game services such as killboard/voice chat server hosting should be negotiated through the sell orders section of these forums. It goes without saying that this should not be taken as a free pass to conduct scams of this sort outside of these forums."

Having stated this, and given that the thread in question does not follow our Terms of Service, this thread is now closed.