Shield Tanking Rattlesnake

I am working out a skill plan and trying to hit the most important skills first. I have the different shield compensation skills at level 3. Should I raise them before or after some of the better drone or missile skills?

Hello Nerro,

Take the Kinetic Shield Compensation skill and reach level 5.

Note to bear in mind: (Kin/Term/Explo/EM) Compensation skills only do anything if you are using shield resistance amplifiers.

Shield Emission Systems would only be usefull if you were trying to spidertank that rattle

Shield Operation and Shield Management would be a bump to respectively Buffer and passive tank (altho I donā€™t remember atm which one was which) regardless of modules used in the fit.

That being saidā€¦

Should I raise them before or after some of the better drone or missile skills?

Canā€™t help You with that one without seeing your drone and missile skills in the first place.

You only need so much tank. As soon as you have enough to survive the mission/site then any extra tank is wasted (aside from being a bit more gank proof)

More DPS is never wasted though, and the faster you kill stuff the less tank you need.

OP
everythg in eve is situational
if you donā€™t explain what you plan to do with your rattle, nobody can correctly answer. For example, If you want to do a blood raider 10/10, you will need a very good tank. Things can be different for missions, incursions, ā€œnormal rattingā€, etc
hi-sec? low sec? null sec? wormhole?
in group or solo?
etc

HI-Sec L4 mission runner solo. Most missile and drone skills are trained to 4 but to 5 is quite a while to each skill so I wanted to make sure I had my shield skills set since many were shorter trains. I am using damage specific hardeners for each mission so if damage being dealt is exlo/kin those are the hardners I am using during that mission.

I am also wondering if I should invest more in drone skills than missile skills since missiles use ammo and drones kill fairly quick.

[Rattlesnake, >Ā°)))>å½”]
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Pith B-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Gist B-Type Explosive Deflection Field
AML Compact Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Large Micro Jump Drive

ā€˜Arbalestā€™ Cruise Launcher I
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I

Federation Navy Hammerhead x5
Federation Navy Ogre x2
Hobgoblin I x5
Caldari Navy Warden x2

Mjolnir Cruise Missile x1820

Rattlesnake needs many skill to fly optimal.

Tho, for small skill point toon like us, RS also the perfect ship. Since her role bonus already give us lv5 Dominix bonus.

Go train Micro Jump Drive skill and Sentry drones. Should not take week. lv 3 skills also still works.

Instead shield tanking, you go range tanking. If your mission arenā€™t filled with many gurista rats, this wont get you any hit. You wont have to think about the correct tank, be able to full clear even the angel extravaganza bonus room (need a jump and overheated MWD to get away 200km from their sentry).

To put it simple just need to jump with MJD, and shoot stuff from 100-ish km away. Sentry to chose are the Caldari sentry ā€œWardenā€ that got the longest range between its peer.

You need to costumize your ship fit depending your drone control range. I also had an extreme longrange fit with FoF cruise (This mechanic already nerfed tho and I delete the fit).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.