[SHIP DESIGN] T2 battleships With Upsized Weapon Design / Anti Capital Role

Hmm…
A reminder:
In the days of the big, oak, sailing ships oar-powered galleys, were a big threat throughout the 16th-century and a good part into the 17th. Though far less seaworthy than it’s enemy sail-powered vessels and highly vulnerable to ships higher in the wind, they still posed a serious threat because of their manoeuvrability, aiming a high-powered shot accurately in the enemy’s waterline and escape in the wind…

I am sure a equivalent military vessel can be developed for EVE…

my thoughts exactly, and thats kinda what i was aiming for, not a direct counter to caps, and not, just another leshak. something that would have its own spot to fill. a High damage, manouverable ship capable of inflicting big damage when supported correctly and used properly. but solo or unsupported, kind-of useless.

1 Like

“Leshak” is a “Large” ship.
If you wanna go with the small, swift, powerful 16th-century Cannon galley, you need to use Small or Medium. like a Frigate/Destroyer/Cruiser-class (the battlecruiser might be a stretch), - but with only 1 (one) single HUGE cannon on. Only good for killing XL-ships, because they’re so slow (ofcourse they’re fitted with some sort of propulsion booster, e.g. AB/MWD/MJD).
This “Cannon-galley” can catch up, use it’s BFG 9000 load in the XL-vessel and… MJD’ing away, before warping to safety.

It could be so small so it takes longer for XL-Ships to lock (but beware of Drones and Fighters!). Because of smaller enemy support ships and drones and fighters usually 2 shot with this heavy cannon are a possibility (3 if you’re very skilled and/or lucky). Another shot may be possible, if the pilot doesn’t care about his ship or being Pod’ed.
No Bays og any kind, because the weapon is so massive.

Is this what you had in mind, Hakiri?

1 Like

Cool idea, but it would be too niche when what you’re asking for is pretty much what a dreadnought is designed for.

Maybe keep a super weak tank and give a range bonus to anti-captial turrets, and make them the mobile version of a dreadnaught, where you give up a dread’s raw active tank and raw damage for long range anticapital application and access to a MJD

I don’t think I understand.
Maybe because I am not into PvP and Dreadnoughts.
“A super weak TANK”, - isn’t that a contradiction? I really want to understand, since I think this… “Gun galley”-idea of Hakiri’s was interesting… and your version is just as interesting.
I really want to understand it!
Example please!

Well if the Leshak is too Large, the next best option is the more pricey Trig HAC.

She can get close to the Leshak in max damage with the right fit and skills, and with ADC active has similar EHP for 16seconds.

Has a good drone bandwidth and capacity too, enough bandwidth for a Gecko.

Most DPS I’ve gotten out of the medium disintegator on the HAC has been 3.5k (though it would get higher, just the targets i was hitting didn’t last long enough to get full damage amp cycle).

Try your fit on Singularity, go to any nullsec system and warp to a customs office. Start shooting and watch your fitting screen, while your gun ramps up.
Then you know.

I don’t understand why people want T2 battleships with cap guns. T2 battleships cost nearly as much as a dread anyway and don’t insure as well. The only reason they’d be any better is that you don’t need cap skills (well, I guess if you let it receive reps, then it’s just a better dread) but I’d wonder how many people in your alliance can both afford this battleship and would be willing to use it but can’t fly a dread.

Might be because battleship can fly in highsec, and they want cap weapons in highsec.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.