Ship theft

Alternatively, if you want to mine solo as an Alpha, pick a belt that is close to a station. It will take fifteen-twenty minutes to fill your Venture with maxed skills and fit, and only two minutes to nip back and forth to the station to offload. Bookmark your preferred spot in the belt. I have both Omega and Alpha accounts, and my Alphas often mine like this when they need some ore locally for ammo production or whatever.

Don’t leave your ship in space.
Would you leave your car running and unattended in the middle of Mexico City?

The level of crime in mexico is 2% higher than the United States.

Would you leave a car running unattended in the middle of the United States?

2 Likes

You could just anchor a few Giant Secure Containers in various spots around the Asteroid Belt, set a password on them and unload the Ore from the Venture into the cans, then when all the Giant Secure Containers are filled, dock the Venture and return with the Hauler, collect all Ore from cans, return to station, switch back into the Venture, rinse and repeat.

How do you make secure containers?

1 Like

:joy: :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

buy this and manufacture (much faster and cheaper to just buy the resulting Giant Secure Container on market tho)

Ok, i didn’t know if you manufactured them, or if they were just a special version of a jetcan that you need to train a skill to use instead of a standard jetcan

1 Like

You don’t need omega for that. You can log out the second toon on a same account at the belt in Miasmos and anytime the venture is full jettison, relog, scoop it, relog back.

2 Likes

I just buy a few of them, use the Hauler to anchor them around the Asteroid Belt. You need anchoring skill for that, you set a password on them and nobody else can access them. I think they can only be anchored in 0.7 and lower security systems.

Regular jet cans you eject from your ship are large but they can be accessed by anybody… And they only last for about an hour.

Best to use Giant Secure Containers.

Ok, cool

1 Like

adapt or die !

if you cant figure out how you can “win” you wil always be a victim !
lern the eve mechanics and you will never be a looser, claim you as a victim → first sentance

then dont use it oO

you can but leave your ship behind in space is very stupid ! doesnt matter how much it cost

I can’t see the connection between solo player and high sec, enlighten me pls

yes you can but maybe this has consequenzes

hes not criminal but suspect so you are allow to shot him but maybe → consequenzes

dont act stupid and you never need to stop it because it never happen

no, why should this happen ? did you know ( i´m sure i know the answer ) that a criminal will loose his ship ? means he explodes YOUR ship !
wonder why isnt suspect enough …

W H Y ? maybe dont act stupid and you never need such stupid rule oO

was just the friendly answer for "GTFO ■■■■■■■ noob and dont blame other for your mistakes " but CCP cant say that this directly like me :wink:

what do i think ? you just failed and dont wanna see your fault and now you wanna change some ■■■■ because you didnt know EvE and its mechanics, or even worse, you know it and you were stupid enough to ignore it

The offender does not go suspect, and the ‘crime mark’ he’s referring to is the suspect flag, but he doesn’t know the terminology. He thought, as you did, that a person stealing his ship would go suspect and he could use a warp disruptor to prevent that theft. There are a thousand different ways one could avoid this issue and do better, some of which have already been shared, but not only did you not offer any helpful advice, you made the same mistake he did in thinking someone would go suspect in this situation so maybe cut him some slack for being caught off guard.

2 Likes

yeah youre right, i just saw " … stole my hauler … " and imeaditly conected “Stole = suspect” but if he left his ship it wasnt his property so nobody can steal it.

disagree, if you can read and understand there are many things you could lern about this :wink: but there is one major problem → " U N D E R S T A N D "

OP your mistake was assuming it is theft to grab an abandoned ship in space. It is not. Finders keepers. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

GTA is a real thing in EVE. May not be easy but can pull it off.

2 Likes

join a player corp that has boosters and compression abilities whilst in fleet…then you can get more ore faster, last longer on the belts…and wont leave a ship in space unattended.

2 Likes

If you mine in a system with a public player owned station, it is faster and to warp to the station and use the cargo deposit than using jetcans and a hauler, your wasting alot to time docking and undocking other wise, but the best option is to join a corp that has mining fleets with an Orca or a Porpoise fitted with a compression mod

1 Like

If you scram/disrupt someone, will you get Concorded?

I’m like 95% sure the answer is yes, unless of course they are a suspect (yellow flashy) or a criminal (red flashy) in which case they are fair game.

The easiest way to find out what things will get you killed by concord and what won’t is to set safety to yellow, lock some random dude and try to do whatever to them, if it will get you concorded the game won’t allow you to do it, and will pop up a little window that says something like “your current safety setting won’t allow this action”, or something very similar. Of course it will allow you to do “suspect” actions (like steal from wrecks, cans, etc. that aren’t yours) so be careful.

1 Like