Someone stole my ship

Can I place a bounty on a player who stole my ship on high sec?

How can someone steal your ship? If you left your ship while out in space its not stealing someone just found an empty ship.

6 Likes

I was using two ships at the same time (sort of an experiment) one for mining and the other for hauling as I was just moving from one ship to the other. I didn’t notice that while I was busy mining someone sneaked up on me and stole my other ship. He even taunted me to get it back.

1 Like

You can put a bounty on anyone you want for whatever reason you want. Used to be they needed negative sec status but not since 2012 or so.

Even if someone leaves their wallet on the street on purpose and you take it and have no intention find the owner, it is stealing. Sure, they are stupid but you’re a thief regardless of their stupidity. Just saying, and yeah I know EVE logic doesn’t work this way.

2 Likes

Everybody can grab stuff floating in space. You can place a bounty if you want to waste even more money than you just lost. Bounties are meaningless, because they do not change the engagement rules. Even more bounties are usually worn with pride.

4 Likes

Am I the only one who found this scenario funny? Lol…

20 Likes

Obviously this is not a good idea.

That said, if you exit a ship, lock it up. I mean that literally. Target the ship. Once targeted,no one can enter it until it is not being targeted. But be warned. People do not even have to steal your ship. They can simply lock it up themselves and you won’t get back in it.

And count your blessings. I’ve seen one person lose am orca this way.

6 Likes

You can get back in regardless, if you didn’t board another ship after ejecting, iirc.

1 Like

Probably not

Except you cannot equate modern laws to a video game set in a dystopian future.

Eve is funny. I deliberately left an empty ship in space for someone to find and take. Someone found it and gave it back to me.

4 Likes

He just boarded empty ship. You left it in space. In this game you don’t own ships when you leave them. They are for everyone to take.

3 Likes

I did not left it. As I said I was using two ships at the same time.

You can board only one ship with one pod, not two ships with one pod, so you have to leave one in space, so everyone can take it. I dont see why anybody would not want a free ship.

3 Likes

In New Eden, possession is 100% of the law.

You weren’t in it nor was it in a hold you control, therefore the game says it’s not yours.

3 Likes

I can’t target in a pod, I can only select it from overview. How can you target something while being in a pod?
Popup in game says literally that pod doesn’t have targeting systems installed.

1 Like

Well duh, I said that in my post.

1 Like

Sorry for your ship loss. Next time if you are using 1 account just jet can nine full miasmos load and change ships at the station you lose a little time but atleast your ships are safe

2 Likes

Oh but the jetcan has only got a 2hr timer limit and if I mine more than the timer allows then I would lose the entire cargo.

2 Likes

If you want big cargohold, use Orca and mine with drones. Or just use retriever.

3 Likes