Someone stole my ship

The point is while in your mining vessel, target the hauler. If you are in a pod, you are out of luck.

3 Likes

thanks for the advise though, I basically get the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have done something like that just now, but targets were untargeted when I switched ships in space, so someone could still take the other ship I left. Before I target it again.

Also having two ships in space means there wil be always risk that when someone eventually will have to warp out, someone could take the other ship. :confused:

its timing, when somebody sees your ship abandoned they have to go back to the station and go back to steal your ship in a pod. but if you have time to react then you can be the first to board your other ship after you bring your first ship to the station.

One other dangerā€¦ I believe ships in space have no skill bonuses applied. So even little things like hull upgrades or mechanics bonus to your ships HP do not apply, making it easier to blow the ship up.

1 Like

can that happen in high sec areas?

Not without special circumstances. But why donā€™t you swap ships in station or a nearby citadel like everybody else?

just finding ways to make the most iskā€¦lol

Then you just learned, that more ISK means more risk. :wink:

8 Likes

Yes it can happen and does often. Itā€™s called suicide ganking and is done for fun and profit. The personā€™s ship who shot you is also blown up, but that doesnā€™t help you any.

Think of it this wayā€¦ If my cheap destroyer can blow up your ship before CONCORD blows me up, and your wreck drops items and mods worth more than my ship, I profit (if I can get to the loot first). The more hit points your ship has, the more costly it is for me to kill you.

But a hauler, with no mods on it and no one in itā€¦ That is very cheap to kill.

2 Likes

well as the saying goes - you win some you lose someā€¦

3 Likes

I got my first Orca this way.

The previous owner went ballistic, I lolled then told him that I worked for spaceway maintenance and that littering was a crime, an unpiloted Orca being litter.

10 Likes

Haha, I got an Orca this way as well :joy:

2 Likes

Mine in Venture, bookmark your spot, warp to station, empty ore bay, warp backā€¦

Btw: I too eject myself out of my ship and adore my empty ship so big next to my podā€¦ but only inside POS shield;)

Youā€™ve learned well.

2 Likes

One day, I too will get an orca this wayā€¦ I did get the Typhoon I sometimes fly around in this way, along with some other ships.

Lesson, if it is in spaceā€¦ someone will try to take it if they can.

2 Likes

You could start using Porpoise by purposeā€¦ Mine and haul with one ship. And yes place some minor bounty for lolz like 111,111 isk.

2 Likes

Your ship was not stolen. It was towed away because you were parking it in a no parking zone.

The fee for this is 20 million ISK. Your ship will be brought back to you after you payed the fee.

4 Likes

Shouldnā€™t laugh but :rofl:

5 Likes

As bad as this sounds, you just made my dayā€¦

Now I have to go shower to wash away the tears of laughter :smile:

3 Likes