Skill Queue Removal

I don’t know if this has come up already (don’t feel like reading 130 posts) but Echoes does not have attributes.

Alphas gain SP at a set rate per second, omegas gain more. You still have a queue that fills, but if your queue is empty it starts pooling unallocated SP (to a point).

They have something that is a mix between learning skills and implants. They are chips that you purchase that increase your SP gain.

If Eve copied Echoes, you could just have set SP gain rates by sub level. SP implants could just give you more SP per second.

And something that Echoes has that people have asked for in Eve, they have a basic Omega that lets you unlock Omega skills and ships, but you barely train faster than Alphas. Basic Omega costs 170 PLEX.

1 Like

Please show me where CCP said they are removing the skill que? They did not. (Hint)
They said they are removing sp flowing directly into the skill.

You guys are complaining about something that isn’t even happening its strange.
It’s like me complaining that I didn’t get to do everything on my bucket list before the asteroid hits the earth when there is no asteroid.

I just hope there isn’t an online purchase that is a consumable that increases sp gain rate, otherwise pay to win here we come and here we go straight down to hell.

4 Likes

Finally at the end of the thread we get a sensible assessment of the situation.

I’m all for cynicism and a healthy imagination. But people in this thread have made up an entire conspiracy theory, determined it to be true with their evidence plucked from their own navels, then proceeded to rant about it for 100-odd posts.

Training SP into an unallocated pool has literally zero impact on any other element of skill progression.

Removing attributes will have the effect of killing off the viability of SP farms, which were a key factor in providing both a plex sink and massive supply of injectors into the market.

All in all, it can’t be certain what the outcome will be of this change, but it will certainly be interesting to see

2 Likes

somebody needs an iron and ironing board

1 Like

Please go watch the fanfest announcements for future changes.

What about the secondary stats that the expensive attribute implants give? Are those addressed somewhere in echoes?

All that for a question on Skill Removal, isn’t that amazing? Still, I’m glad that players can voice their concerns and opinions on something as important as Skill Points. That’s why I asked the questions in the OP, players want to know… and CCP isn’t saying much.

It’s being worked on and CCP has already made some changes with the Reward Program and I can’t wait to see it all in game.
I think I will like all the changes that CCP is coming up with in the near future.

Its been a while since I have done the math, so I might be a bit off.

I believe that if you evenly distribute your attributes, you start with a base of 20 in all but 2, and those two have 21. Assuming that CCP starts us at the same SP gain as a dual 21 skill, this starts you off with a base of about 1900 SP/min.

The 5 implant slots where your current bonus, i.e. +5 Perception, becomes a flat SP/min. Something like 20Tier SP/min, so a full set of +5 implants would give you 5(20*5) = 500 SP/min. This would put you at about 2400 SP/min. This would be more than if you had your attributes equalized but less than if you had your attributes maximized under the current system.

For an Alpha, your base 1900 SP/min would be halved, or 950 SP/min, but if you had +5’s you would still get the full 500 SP/min bonus for a total of 1450 SP/min.

46:45 CCP Convict “And finally the skill training will be removed. No more training Queue. No more training of skills.”

3 Likes

You mean the bit where he says " And finally, skill training will be removed. So no more training queue, no more training skill " ( that’s the exact words at the fanfest )

That sounds pretty clear to me.

4 Likes

My understanding of this:

Skill training will be removed yes, becuase those skills will be injected instead of trained.
No more training que because it becomes an injection que. (Renamed.)
No more training of skills because we are injecting it not training lol…

Let’s make a bet now 100mil that the Que will still be there where we slot skills into it then inject to apply the sp.

It is posible that they remove the skill que and put a little injection Icon next to all of the skills but that is a lot of coding for something that gives the same effect as the que. It seems illogical to me to do a lot of extra work for very little benifit. I guess there will be more screen space to work with.

Put yourself into their position how would you do it? And you would find your answer.

I was meaning the high-grade implants that give secondary stats like to shield, armor, warp etc.

Glares.

1 Like

No reason why you couldn’t still have them, you would just replace the skill portion with the SP gain.

Look you could be right but it just seems weird to me. Does not make much sense.

I don’t play echoes, and you have said you do. I am asking about these specific parts of the implants as it related to echoes. If the idea is that they are bringing echoes to the pc, I am interested to know how those implants are handled.

CCP confirmed that in the next release there will be no asteroids
you turn your mining lasers on for 20 cycles and them choose a mineral to add to your ore hold
that change aims to simplify the process because new players found the Survey Scanner complicated

3 Likes

Echoes doesnt have implants in the same way Eve does. I just posted ideas on the type of change they could implement based on similarities in Echoes.

CCP shows tons of things at fanfest. Some of them happen, some are never heard of again. If those ideas do make it on TQ they are almost always changed along the way, sometimes quite a bit.

Because of that there is little point in trying to extract any sort of logic, reasoning, ideas or predictions from it. Threads like this are at best futile, realistically it’s mostly just drama and trolling. Until there is a devpost, sisi update or dev blog you’re all just wasting your time.

2 Likes

It’s a thread asking for information.
Didn’t the 5 questions give it away?
Asking questions is trolling now??
Let me guess, trolling is relative and it’s not trolling when you say it isn’t ?
And this forum is mainly for trolls anyways so I don’t see why the criticism.

1 Like